Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf - things that you love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Birdie on the first hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

Being drawn in the singles against the club Billy Big Balls who thinks he’s a pro and beating him on the 18th!

Hitting a loose tee shot and getting a lucky ricochet off a tree to stay in play.

Irish Open tickets - but I'd say they will be very very difficult to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The sound of the Cup after you hole that 10 to 15 footer for Par or Bogey, and those rare times it’s for Birdie and you feel like a Pro for few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

The sound of the Cup after you hole that 10 to 15 footer for Par or Bogey, and those rare times it’s for Birdie and you feel like a Pro for few seconds.

It's the shame about having to keep the flag in. I loved the sound of the ball dropping. Hitting the flag just isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Loading the clubs into the boot of your car and the neighbour says it's a grand day for it.

Makes me grateful to be able to get out and play and so thankful to my late father for introducing me to the greatest game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Birdie on the first hole.

Last time i started with a birdie i went OB on the next 2 holes. So I'll quite happily take a par on the first :D

Knowing I could be on the 1st tee within half an hour of finishing work any day I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Knowing that I'm totally and utterly crap but loving the fact I'm out with friends in the fresh air enjoying life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

DuckSlice wrote: »
    Last time i started with a birdie i went OB on the next 2 holes. So I'll quite happily take a par on the first :D

My 4 ball has a saying..."never birdie the first" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Walking one in.

My 4 ball has a saying..."never birdie the first" :D

Home course is a par 5 so would take a par or an eagle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Has to be nailing a long iron from a tight lie.

Sound and flight of that shot gives me great satisfaction because its one of the hardest to hit IMO

Par 3's - leaving the bag at the next tee and walking to the green with a putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Call me a simple man but a good solid tee shot on the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Par 3's - leaving the bag at the next tee and walking to the green with a putter.

being able to do that on the 2nd in Moate is particularly satisfying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

The lovely snap of a graphite shaft as I break it over my knee- so refreshing!

A busy timesheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

A busy timesheet.

Hardly? Very frustrating at a weekend with backlogs and other issues with booking times etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

IK09 wrote: »
    Call me a simple man but a good solid tee shot on the first.
    Made even better when there are a few people, pre Covid, watching you tee off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Keano wrote: »
    Made even better when there are a few people

never happens, the subtle glance around to the gallery after the rare pro shot is generally never seen, the chunk however is seen 360, at least that's what it feels like, similar to falling asleep at the desk in school

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

callaway92 wrote: »
    Hardly? Very frustrating at a weekend with backlogs and other issues with booking times etc

:D I'm on the committee in a small club which could do with being a little busier than it is - off peak times anyway - so for me a busy timesheet is a good thing. I dont expect every one to like it. Just as I dont like somethings that other people love about golf.

I love talking about golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I believe it was Greg Norman who said "happiness is a long walk with a putter" and I couldn't agree more.

Playing a course you've never played before.

Playing a course you've never played before.

Love this also, trying to shoot to your handicap on a new course is something i also reallyu enjoy.

The Irish Open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

a long walk with a putter

Getting off to a great start in a round, messing up after 5/6 great holes, and fighting back to return a good score. A great feeling.

But comes with this the "that should have been xxpts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

DuckSlice wrote: »
    Getting off to a great start in a round, messing up after 5/6 great holes, and fighting back to return a good score. A great feeling.

But comes with this the "that should have been xxpts"

A common mistake of mine whilst forgetting the chip I thinned that hit the flag and went in and the drive I hooked and deflected off a tree back onto the fairway ;)

Advertisement