Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to college

Options
  • 18-01-2021 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So I deferred from college in 2015 until 2016/2017 year due to personal and mental health issues. Over 2 years both my grandparents died, I was knocked down by a car and 1 of my friends committed suicide. I wasn't doing great while I was in college and scraped through 2nd year and squeezed into 3rd year. While in the first semester of 3rd year I was getting panic attacks out of the blue and stopped attending, as a result Idecided to defer the year. I was granted permission on extenuating medical grounds to do this and I received a letter stamped by a CIT medical doctor.

I ended up taking the year out, signing on to jobseekers and never returned to finish my degree. I found it really difficult to find a job, almost took 2 years to sort something out as there was a lot of jobs I just wasn't experienced or trained in, in order to get accepted in. I had not returned as I didn't have the money saved up to afford it.

What I would like to know is, is it still possible to return and finish my degree as a mature student? Or what is the situation? Does anyone have any experience in similar situations and what is the procedure?
    Tagged:

Advertisement