Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Kerry Greenway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Excellent. The region around Mountain Stage will fast become the most scenic Greenway in the country, and I don't think anything in the near or distance pipeline will come anywhere near it. The only one I can think of is the (very) long term plan for Chetwynd and the Goggins Hill tunnel.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That rail bridge is not part of current plans as a section just before Cahersiveen was excluded by ABP on environmental grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

4.6 million euros for this in 2023. Looks like the ball will be well and truly rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Work has started on this at the Glenbeigh end anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

Currently, the greenway is very, very overgrown and essentially impassable in certain areas and will need considerable clearing and fencing work before it could be considered a trail fit for walkers and cyclists along its entire length. Other areas are fine, though. Couple of people still giving out stink about right of way.

Having been involved with greenway works in the past, the vast majority of landowners are sound and understanding, even if they are miffed about the overall project. It's just par for the course that you'll get the odd one who'll threaten to shoot you or sue the company you're working for. I don't even take it personally...

Advertisement