Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut BF deals - inc 3 months Indo for €3

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

In the case of a trial or discounted period offers where a credit/debit card payment details are provided, the subscription will revert to a monthly charge at the standard Premium or Premium+ rate, once the trial or discounted period is over. By submitting payment details you accept the offer and consent to us using your payment details in accordance with our privacy statement. If you do not want to remain a paying user you must cancel your account by emailing customerhelp@independent.ie. By continuing to use the service after the price change takes effect, you are agreeing to the new price.

https://www.independent.ie/service/terms-and-conditions-of-independentie-website-and-app-26853554.html

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

tfeldi wrote: »
    It's 13.99 per month not for three months

Heres the confirmation Email I got from them after signing up

Subscription Starts: 26/11/2020 22:08
    Subscription Name: €3 for 3 months Premium+ Subscription Paid every 3 months
    First payment Date: 26/11/2020
    First payment Cost: €3.00
    Next payment Date: 26/02/2021
    Subscription Payments: €13.99 charged every 3 months
    Payment Method: Card Payment

Clearly states €13-99 every 3 months, but i think you are right. it should be per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just an update. I cancelled this deal on the 30 Jan and received the confirmation of same. Saved a copy on phone.

I've now just received another email this evening from the Indo reminding me to cancel or they're gonna take the 13.99 out per month.

I emailed them back with copy of said confirmation and received standard reply off them ie they're very busy and to look through their FAQ section. I couldn't get through to them by 'phone.

Keep an eye on your cards folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just an update. I cancelled this deal on the 30 Jan and received the confirmation of same. Saved a copy on phone.

I've now just received another email this evening from the Indo reminding me to cancel or they're gonna take the 13.99 out per month.

I emailed them back with copy of said confirmation and received standard reply off them ie they're very busy and to look through their FAQ section. I couldn't get through to them by 'phone.

Keep an eye on your cards folks.

Likewise - they are a joke shop.
    Can't get through on phone.
    I emailed to tell I did not want to continue the subscription after receiving the same reminder. :(:mad:
    Got a reply saying if I want my subscription to continue, to do nothing, my card will just automatically get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

glog wrote: »
    Likewise - they are a joke shop.
    Can't get through on phone.
    I emailed to tell I did not want to continue the subscription after receiving the same reminder. :(:mad:
    Got a reply saying if I want my subscription to continue, to do nothing, my card will just automatically get charged.

Just freeze your card? Unfreeze when you need to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

timple23 wrote: »
    Just freeze your card? Unfreeze when you need to use it.
    Exactly. I use a specific virtual Revolut card for all these subscription offers that I keep frozen so there's never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

Quackster wrote: »
    Exactly. I use a specific virtual Revolut card for all these subscription offers that I keep frozen so there's never an issue.

Yes you could, but TBF you shouldn't have to do this, if their Subscription Dept. was anyway competent.

glog wrote: »
    Yes you could, but TBF you shouldn't have to do this, if their Subscription Dept. was anyway competent.
    Agreed but, from experience, it's a common strategy of companies offering subscription trials to make it as awkward as possible to cancel at the end of the trial period.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Will try and cancel mine tomorrow. The 3 months is up next week.

I emailed them and asked them to convert me to the €5.99pm premium sub, which they did.

€13.99pm was out of the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭navannoel

Rang To Cancel this morning, Offered the same sub for 6.99 per month, must sign in for a 12 month contract....

I did...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Rang just there to cancel and got straight through, very pain free process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Slightly off topic rant.

I absolutely hate getting reminders bills etc from [email]noreply@......ie[/email]. Or stating in the text that they don't want me to respond to the text.

The company had the brass neck to contact me that way. Inevitably they don't give you an email address or a text number you can reply to.

I invariably respond to that email/text.

I couldn't give a monkeys whether they read it or not. That's not my problem. I notified them that i was cancelling the deal.

Maybe I didn't do it exactly the way they wanted me to do it. But if they contact me that way then I feel it's perfectly reasonable for me to respond to them in the same way.

I did notify them.

Murt10 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic rant.

I absolutely hate getting reminders bills etc from [email]noreply@......ie[/email]. Or stating in the text that they don't want me to respond to the text.

The company had the brass neck to contact me that way. Inevitably they don't give you an email address or a text number you can reply to.

I invariably respond to that email/text.

I couldn't give a monkeys whether they read it or not. That's not my problem. I notified them that i was cancelling the deal.

Maybe I didn't do it exactly the way they wanted me to do it. But if they contact me that way then I feel it's perfectly reasonable for me to respond to them in the same way.

I did notify them.

Firstly I’m grateful the reminded me, plenty of companies don’t

Secondly I got the following so no idea what you are ranting and raving about.

“ Dear William,

Please note that your discounted period will be ending shortly, your standard priced Premium+ subscription will then begin.

At the renewal date and each month thereafter, until you cancel, you will automatically be charged the subscription fee €13.99 per month.

If you do not want to continue with your subscription, please contact our customer care team, on +353 (0)1 705 5333 or email us at customerhelp@independent.ie

Just tried to ring customer care. Their phone lines are only open 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Will try emailing, thanks to previous post.

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    Firstly I’m grateful the reminded me, plenty of companies don’t

Secondly I got the following so no idea what you are ranting and raving about.

“ Dear William,

Please note that your discounted period will be ending shortly, your standard priced Premium+ subscription will then begin.

At the renewal date and each month thereafter, until you cancel, you will automatically be charged the subscription fee €13.99 per month.

If you do not want to continue with your subscription, please contact our customer care team, on +353 (0)1 705 5333 or email us at customerhelp@independent.ie
    Exactly. I sent a short email to that address and got a reply the following day confirming my cancellation. Couldn't have been easier.

Just tried to ring customer care. Their phone lines are only open 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Will try emailing, thanks to previous post.

Rang them at lunchtime. 2 mins waiting and 30 seconds on the phone. Very easy. He told me I can still access my subscription until it's finished also.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

navannoel wrote: »
    Rang To Cancel this morning, Offered the same sub for 6.99 per month, must sign in for a 12 month contract....

I did...:o

Did anyone else get this offer? Mines up tomorrow and would be happy enough to keep it going for 6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Did anyone else get this offer? Mines up tomorrow and would be happy enough to keep it going for 6.99

They're advertising this on my downloaded copy most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Just as a follow up, the €6.99 offer is a 12 month contract!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

They currently have a deal with Energia but haven't looked into the in's and out vs other switcher offers out there.

https://www.energia.ie/revolut-customer-exclusive-offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Cape Clear wrote: »
    They currently have a deal with Energia but haven't looked into the in's and out vs other switcher offers out there.

https://www.energia.ie/revolut-customer-exclusive-offer

Fine if you want a €350 smart home voucher to buy over priced useless stuff that you dont even need and would get exactly the same for a few euro on amazon.

Revoluts offers are never good. Try reading their small print in their insurance or gadget insurance offers

Sent an email to customer service asking to cancel subscription, got sent a link, went through process and was given four options;

1. pay 3 euro/month for next 3 months (9 euro in total) and then revert to 13.99.
    2. pause payments for 60 days but keep same access and then revert to 13.99.
    3. upgrade to premium for 30 days and then revert to 13.99.
    4. Cancel subscription.

Might be of use to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks, does anyone know how to stop Revolut sending annoying notifications saying they have rewards for me, and offering me premium cards etc? I obviously want notifications for revolut on for actual transactions, but they send so many notifications I have no interest in. I don't want to bother with any of the rewards or anything else, I just want to use the card when I need it :confused:

cormie wrote: »
    Folks, does anyone know how to stop Revolut sending annoying notifications saying they have rewards for me, and offering me premium cards etc? I obviously want notifications for revolut on for actual transactions, but they send so many notifications I have no interest in. I don't want to bother with any of the rewards or anything else, I just want to use the card when I need it :confused:

On iOS app, tap the circle on top left of Home Screen, it’s usually your initials or a photo. Scroll down to privacy, click into it and you can toggle off a bunch of different settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I know this isn't a Revolut bargain but I had a question. Everyone I know with a Revolut card in Ireland has a new Lithuanian LT IBAN but I do not - still says GB. Card is registered to an Irish address. I got the email before Dec telling me I was moving over and all my rewards offers etc are in Euro for companies here.

I spoke with their chat numerous times in Jan/Feb and they tell me they are still migrating Irish users over. However it's now nearly 3 months into 2021 and I'm dubious I will be done, so I wondering if I was missed somehow....

Anyone else still got a GB IBAN or is everyone migrated over to LT IBANs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Fine if you want a €350 smart home voucher to buy over priced useless stuff that you dont even need and would get exactly the same for a few euro on amazon.

Revoluts offers are never good. Try reading their small print in their insurance or gadget insurance offers

The current Adidas offer is good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

timple23 wrote: »
    On iOS app, tap the circle on top left of Home Screen, it’s usually your initials or a photo. Scroll down to privacy, click into it and you can toggle off a bunch of different settings.

Awesome, never thought to check privacy! It's the same on Android by the way ;)

Advertisement