Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

iHungry wrote: »
    Took a punt on this watch box. Reduced to £1.72 with a 60% off voucher applied at checkout.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085ZR48D1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_pxNWFb2N7YB4R

Jeez, you really pushed the boat out on that purchase! Gonna need to up the ould card limit there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Took a punt on this watch box. Reduced to £1.72 with a 60% off voucher applied at checkout.

The 12 slot box is gone but some with 6 slots remaining. Glad to help out the other cheapskate bargain hunters 😜.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Ordered a 3rd gen echo dot this morning, got a 13th March to 10th May 2021 delivery window on it? That realistic or possibly get an earlier delivery than that?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The 12 slot box is gone but some with 6 slots remaining. Glad to help out the other cheapskate bargain hunters 😜.

At full price though. Only seeing £20

Nevermind: Applies at checkout!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chaoticawk

Ordered a 3rd gen echo dot this morning, got a 13th March to 10th May 2021 delivery window on it? That realistic or possibly get an earlier delivery than that?

Something to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

I ordered a fire 8 few weeks ago, told me mid December for delivery but only took 10 days so u should get it sooner

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

blastman wrote: »
    Interesting. Do they work directly in the Hue app, or is anything additional required?

They work directly in the hue app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

'took a punt' at 2 euro :D:D:D:D:D:D

you've the most appropriate username and comment combination I've seen yet.

omega42 wrote: »
    I ordered a fire 8 few weeks ago, told me mid December for delivery but only took 10 days so u should get it sooner

I echo dot ordered on Prime Day in October- still waiting. Ordered another one yesterday- January delivery. Fire 8s seem to be shipping more or less immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Badabing1

Argos have the echo dots for 33 euro if anyone needs one before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭ablelocks

theres an option listed in the Amazon Devices category for an echo dot 3 + 3 months free prime for £24.99 - new or eligible accounts only. I got it using a different email address.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Argos have the echo dots for 33 euro if anyone needs one before Christmas

Not much stocks of them around though

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I echo dot ordered on Prime Day in October- still waiting. Ordered another one yesterday- January delivery. Fire 8s seem to be shipping more or less immediately

I had three gen 4 echo dots shipped to me on the 20th Nov and not a single update on the shipping since, I was refunded for all three yesterday, I really hope they turn up though as they are all currently out of stock till the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

horgan_p wrote: »
    I've had great results with innr gu10 bulbs in my hue setup

Reviews aren't great on them though. Was considering them but the reviews put me off
    Meath08 wrote: »
    White ambience twin pack still on offer at €29.07 if that’s any good.

Thanks. Looking for the colour ones.

Have bought eight so far over time but realised this morning I need two more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I had three gen 4 echo dots shipped to me on the 20th Nov and not a single update on the shipping since, I was refunded for all three yesterday, I really hope they turn up though as they are all currently out of stock till the new year.

Littlewoods Ireland have them in stock with free delivery, same price as Amazon Black Friday offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

OU812 wrote: »
    Reviews aren't great on them though. Was considering them but the reviews put me off

Thanks. Looking for the colour ones.

Have bought eight so far over time but realised this morning I need two more.

i bought three philip hue bulbs two years ago and use them to light three bedrooms...i find that theyre not half bright enough to light the rooms...just wondering is there any better stronger option bein release by them since? similar to 100w power?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

LillySV wrote: »
    i bought three philip hue bulbs two years ago and use them to light three bedrooms...i find that theyre not half bright enough to light the rooms...just wondering is there any better stronger option bein release by them since? similar to 100w power?

I have lifx all over the house and they are amazing. They were down to 30 quid for black Friday. And the set of four minis was down to 80ish. They are very bright for a smaller bulb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

tusk wrote: »
    I have lifx all over the house and they are amazing. They were down to 30 quid for black Friday. And the set of four minis was down to 80ish. They are very bright for a smaller bulb

thanks, I dont really fancy having to get a new system to run lights though... im assuming i cant work that though hue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Aquos76 wrote: »

Ordered a dash cam and 2 x 5mtr led strips (total cost was around 100stg). Stalled at “dispatched” for 8 days. Got email with apology and option to apply for refund. Did so. Refunded next morning to account. Goods arrived at door 24hrs later. No price better than €0 :)

I'm toying with the Blink 4- camera package with free Blink mini for £199.. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I'm toying with the Blink 4- camera package with free Blink mini for £199.. Any thoughts?

Do you need the 4 cameras? 4 camera's won't be long flying though storage. They only record when set and you really don't want to set them all day as they'll burn through the batteries and you'll be getting notifications on your phone every few minutes especially with the 4 cameras.

Its a good system and camera quality is very good but you'll need to customise it to get the best from it. I only set mine from 9pm and 9am, or if I'm away from the house for extended time. I'd usually get a couple of notifications every night and it's usually the neighbours cat. That's with 1 camera. You can always check the live view.

Make sure you have good WiFi to where you intend to use the cameras and keep the receiver. If you want a proper job or a professional cctv then this isn't for you and you'll need to pay alot more.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

They have a 100w equivalent now available. I bought a couple for use in my kitchen as the standard ones are not bright enough. Arriving tomorrow so will know what they are like then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Single-Bluetooth-Assistant-HomeKit/dp/B088RZDR9V/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=philips+hue+1600+lumen&qid=1606646304&quartzVehicle=121-1856&replacementKeywords=philips+hue+lumen&sprefix=philips+hue+1600&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Been disappointed with the lack of decent headphones deals. Maybe something will come up on Cyber Monday? Managed to pick up some bone broth concentrate for 29% off; been meaning to try it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

thanks, I dont really fancy having to get a new system to run lights though... im assuming i cant work that though hue

Lifx work through wifi and don't need a hub. So they can be setup straight away. You'd just want to be careful your router is capable enough if you plan to get a load

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got new interior doors with glass so Karcher Vac for £42.99 is looking tempting.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084WCB167

This particular model doesn't look to have been cheaper accordingly to CCC, but any thoughts if I should hold off a bit longer?

As in, anyone spotted them cheaper..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Basq wrote: »
    Got new interior doors with glass so Karcher Vac for £42.99 is looking tempting.

This particular model doesn't look to have been cheaper accordingly to CCC, but any thoughts if I should hold off a bit longer?

Have this - bought it in B&Q a while back, and it wasn't any more expensive than this price (from memory), can highly recommend, I swear by it, great for windows and mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Think they are on sale in B&Q at the moment for €42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Damn. Didn't know I needed this but I may well buy it, even just to clear up the condensation on the windows in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SEORG wrote: »
    Think they are on sale in B&Q at the moment for €42
    Thanks but nearest B&Q is an hour and a half away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Postman was around at 10 this morning with a package for me. Fair play to him (and good thing I was awake :p)

Several more things due tomorrow/this week.. I spent far too much this week - Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headphones, Airfryer XL (damn you BA), video card for the server, wireless gaming mouse for the little lad, new tops and jumpers from M&S... December will be VERY quiet :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement