Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someone is mowing my front lawn?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Remember when we used to say someone is cutting the grass in my front garden.

Back when the whole western world wasnt one big samey corportate existence, where people travel to see the exact same thing in every city jn the world.

Mowing the lawn me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

O, I know how to sort this.

Get a goat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I actually see this as case of this is our hood and you're only a new fish.

Know your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

In Soviet Russia..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,153 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why is this neighbour wantonly destroying your bee friendly, wild flower meadow?

I'd sue fcuker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Be ploughing your wife next...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

touts wrote: »
    Nothing brings an area down faster than a house with unkept overgrown front gardens especially in summer when the grass and weed growth is full on. My bet is the last owner did nothing when it was empty and out of frustration the neighbours started cutting it themselves. Now they don't know what you are like so are afraid to stop. Ask around and find out who is doing it and thank them.

So I guess you're not on board with the All Ireland Pollinator Plan.

You may get a surprise when the council doesn't cut until very late next summer.

All Ireland Pollinator plan. Jaysus they’ve a lot to be at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Esel wrote: »
    Be ploughing your wife next...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IF-o32452A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My neighbour used to mow the grass for me (it's a 15/20ft triangle of grass) when he was doing his own and would never take a cent for it - total gentleman (especially as I'm renting and don't have a shed - or back garden to put it in! It's an end of terrace house that might as well be an apartment)

He's since moved :( so I had to bite the bullet and buy a small hover mower that lives in its box in the kitchen. Only takes about 20 minutes to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaryLouMacari

Nickla wrote: »
    when we moved into our estate there was a few empty houses and the RA decided to include empty houses in the grass keeping to keep the whole estate looking well -

Our former leader told you - they haven't gone away you know. Don't go blowing our cover :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Maybe they are getting the place tidy before they move the caravans in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Fcuking Samaritans! Doing good deeds willy nilly all over the place! It'll all end in tears I say!

Gardening is the national sport where I live and still not one of the sad bastards will mow mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Nickla wrote: »
    i would check with the residents association - when we moved into our estate there was a few empty houses and the RA decided to include empty houses in the grass keeping to keep the whole estate looking well -

Up the RA!

Cutting our lawns and fighting for our freedom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tiocfaidh ar lawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Up the RA!

Cutting our lawns and fighting for our freedom

Hahaha I laughed at that far more than I should have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭trashcan

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tiocfaidh ar lawn

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭pgj2015

its all fun and games until this person trips and cuts their fingers off, then they put in a claim against you.

Advertisement