Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes VALUE phones offer switching to Vodafone

Options

Comments

Also do these phones qualify for the €1 accessories special offer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

caycro wrote: »
    I had to buy €10 on eir to port over, happy to do a partial trade if you’re interested.

My eir had nothing on it. I registered it and used web text to send a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Sir Dosser wrote:
    No need, it's not just for students anymore.

They refused, told him it was just a student offer and that they needed a valid student number to put it through. Try the Facebook trick tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They refused, told him it was just a student offer and that they needed a valid student number to put it through. Try the Facebook trick tomorrow

Did he try to text the keyword for the specific X plan as described here...

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

Eg for X weekend text WEEKEND to 50222 and then top up by 20 (don't top up before opt in).

Ten Pin wrote:
    Did he try to text the keyword for the specific X plan as described here...

Not yet but that's what he'll be doing today! Thanks to all who replied, hopefully other people will find it useful too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Vodafone N10 came unlocked.

Crappy screen, poor camera - but just perfect to keep kids entertained in the plane. If buying one for regular use, put the $ and get the A20e.

grogi wrote: »
    Vodafone N10 came unlocked.

Crappy screen, poor camera - but just perfect to keep kids entertained in the plane. If buying one for regular use, put the $ and get the A20e.

The a20e is a nice phone. Looks good, camera is as expected and screen is lovely. Fast charging is a gift, 20% to 100% in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Have all the a20e’s been locked to Vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Probably been asked before but if they make you top up by €20 instore, can you still opt-in to a vodafone x plan for example after? Or would you have to top up by €20 again to get the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Pacifico wrote: »
    Probably been asked before but if they make you top up by €20 instore, can you still opt-in to a vodafone x plan for example after? Or would you have to top up by €20 again to get the deal?

If they want to put the credit on the phone in store, tell them to put you on which ever plan you choose.
    I wasn't asked to buy credit, got the phone for 69 euro.

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote:

Hubby had to put the credit on there and they wouldn't put him on the X deal so he went the next day text weekend to whatever number then had to top up by 20 again. I'd say it depends on which shop and who's working. This was in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

gerard2210 wrote:
    If they want to put the credit on the phone in store, tell them to put you on which ever plan you choose. I wasn't asked to buy credit, got the phone for 69 euro.

Which store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

gerard2210 wrote:
    If they want to put the credit on the phone in store, tell them to put you on which ever plan you choose. I wasn't asked to buy credit, got the phone for 69 euro.

Which store ?

Tuam.
    I went in after 16:00 on Saturday. Apparently it was too late to Port over my number. But the guy took the voucher, rang my number, scanned the phone into the system but wouldn't give me the phone until the port went through on Monday. He did give me the SIM card. When I went back on Monday I was dealing with a different person, she may have assumed the other guy took the 20 euro on Saturday when he gave me the SIM card.
    Or she just made an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have a tesco mobile sim, but I don't have a phone to pop it into. Does anyone know if Vodafone can check the number somehow, would they have unlocked phones to use?

dulpit wrote: »
    I have a tesco mobile sim, but I don't have a phone to pop it into. Does anyone know if Vodafone can check the number somehow, would they have unlocked phones to use?

They either ring you on the number or tell you to ring them...thats it no other checks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mr infomaniac

Any one have a spare voucher. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fiiive

Hi,didn't get this voucher in the mailing if anyone has a spare I'd greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭G-Man

Any spare vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I have a voucher that I don't need.
    Can post tomorrow afternoon.
    PM if interested.

Gone

Had to top up my new eir sim for 5 eur transfer to work ! Did it but kind of pissed off with the lady at the store !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Had to top up my new eir sim for 5 eur transfer to work ! Did it but kind of pissed off with the lady at the store !

Some Vodafone stores require you to call to their phone to prove your transferring number, instead of them calling your number.

When I enquired about it with the Vodafone Rep, here in Boards, I was told that the Vodafone franchise stores can form their own policies around the promotion and cannot be controlled by Vodafone company. I was also told that in the Vodafone self-managed stores, the staff member can be instructed to call to your transferring number without asking you to call their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Whenever I have switched phones in the past they have always called or texted me. When I went to Vodafone store to avail of this offer I had a sim (tesco) but no phone. There was no credit on the phone, so they popped the sim into a store unlocked phone and rang it from their main phone, once they saw it rang and connected they did the rest easy peasy.

The store in question is a franchise though, so maybe that had an impact?

And was also told that old sim must be recharged within last 4 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a voucher if anybody has one going wanting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Missus dropped her phone so would appreciate a voucher if anyone could oblige

A20e is dual sim and has two inei numbers..lads whoever's got it unlocked did u buy two codes or just one ? Which imei did u give to Ebay seller ?

A20e is dual sim and has two inei numbers..lads whoever's got it unlocked did u buy two codes or just one ? Which imei did u give to Ebay seller ?

I got it unlocked with SIM1 IMEI

And it unlocked both SIMS right ?

Are u able to use two sims at same time ?

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got it unlocked with SIM1 IMEI

No idea as it gave up and had to be returned, awaiting verification by vf and replacement.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote:
    No idea as it gave up and had to be returned, awaiting verification by vf and replacement.

Oh what happened ?

Advertisement