Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes VALUE phones offer switching to Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Also looking for a voucher if anyone has a spare one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

TheDriver wrote: »
    Picked up a20e, it is locked and I had to put the 20 onto the vodafone SIM which is going in the bin. It is dual SIM.
    Having said that, 100 quid for a a20e unlocked is good.

Stupid question, but if its dual sim how is it locked? Are they expecting you to run two Vodafone sims in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried my sim in both slots but network locked both times. Unlocked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Picked up a20e, it is locked and I had to put the 20 onto the vodafone SIM which is going in the bin. It is dual SIM.

Did they make you put it on the phone. When I got mine today they just gave me the credit. So if I wish I can give that to someone on Vodafone.

Also don't just bin it if it's on the SIM. Pick a charity that you can donate by text and use up the credit that way

foxirl wrote: »
    Did they make you put it on the phone. When I got mine today they just gave me the credit. So if I wish I can give that to someone on Vodafone.

Also don't just bin it if it's on the SIM. Pick a charity that you can donate by text and use up the credit that way

Neither, he put it on the number and activated a plan so effectively its gone (already have all the freebie stuff on my own eir plan). He said he had to do it as Vodafone put the rule in place this year to stop those who buy the phone to use on other networks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I tried my sim in both slots but network locked both times. Unlocked now.

How much to unlock ?

How much to unlock ?

I paid 9.95 stg from ebay. Came through in 4 hours.

I paid 9.95 stg from ebay. Came through in 4 hours.

Excellent and it was for both sims right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

What’s the cheapest way to get a new sim from another provider to port in?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

caycro wrote: »
    What’s the cheapest way to get a new sim from another provider to port in?

apply for an Eir sim online for free. it takes around 4 working days.

• Advertisement

Excellent and it was for both sims right ?

No idea. Theres an imei for each slot and I got a code for slot 1 imei.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No idea. Theres an imei for each slot and I got a code for slot 1 imei.

Could you try moving your SIM to the other slot?

I tried my eir sim in slot 1 and said network locked. Tried it in slot 2 with slot 1 empty, same. I didn't try after unlocking.

Edit I tried it there with my own eir sim and the now redundant eir sim used for porting in slot 2. Got no network lock message.obviousky sim 2 said not provisioned as it's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Would appreciate a voucher if someone has one free. I'll cover postage
    Grufallo.
    I sent you a pm. Get back to me if you still need a voucher.
    Gerard2210.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Sonya4u

I also have a spare voucher if anyone is looking for a one!

Edit: Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I tried my eir sim in slot 1 and said network locked. Tried it in slot 2 with slot 1 empty, same. I didn't try after unlocking.

Edit I tried it there with my own eir sim and the now redundant eir sim used for porting in slot 2. Got no network lock message.obviousky sim 2 said not provisioned as it's dead.

who ebay listing did you use for the unlock code?

So both the SIM slots work now as unlocked or you do not have a SIM to try testing ?

ted1 wrote: »

Because I have the eir simplicity deal which gives unlimited calls, texts and 80Gb 4G data for 20 a month.

I only had my defunct eir sim and my working eir sim to try the network lock but the defunct eir sim gave the network lock message before I unlocked and didn't after unlock so I assume that even though it doesn't register on network, the phone recognises that it is a different network. So assume both SIMs are now unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

So both the SIM slots work now as unlocked or you do not have a SIM to try testing ?

I was also wondering about it. I'm looking for an answer for this too. Please someone clarify on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

sugarman wrote: »
    Putting a sim in doesn't lock them! If they're locked, they're factory locked. If they're unlocked, they're factory unlocked.

This misconception is due to an alleged practice in the UK by Carphone Warehouse, Curry’s and PC World where the phones would apparently lock themselves to the network of the first SIM card inserted. I don’t know if this is entirely true as I’ve never purchased a phone from the UK. Meteor/Eircom would spew this line though when unlocking phones for people. It was just nonsense from reps that were uneducated on the subject or misinformed.

I picked up my brother in law a phone with one of these vouchers around two years ago. It was unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zai

Hi Guys,
    This is an brilliant offer/Bargain alert, if there are any spare vouchers going, I would gratefully appreciate one, I am a PAYG Vodafone user, not sure how to obtain a voucher or if i would be entitled to one.

Kind regards,
    Zahid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Zai wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    This is an brilliant offer/Bargain alert, if there are any spare vouchers going, I would gratefully appreciate one, I am a PAYG Vodafone user, not sure how to obtain a voucher or if i would be entitled to one.

Kind regards,
    Zahid
    No, It is a port from another network to Vodafone to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zai

Ah Thanks Jeff, explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

for the avoidance of doubt.

I got the A20e - It was locked to Voda

I got an unlock code from ebay for €11.99 and it unlocked the phone.

I tried a 3 sim in both sims and it works using alternate sim slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

As a bit of a side topic, anybody know the best plan to sign up for? Husband switched today, he wanted to get the X but he's very obviously over 25 and not a student

I had to buy €10 on eir to port over, happy to do a partial trade if you’re interested.

As a bit of a side topic, anybody know the best plan to sign up for? Husband switched today, he wanted to get the X but he's very obviously over 25 and not a student

Change his DoB on Facebook and verify age online that way 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

caycro wrote: »
    Change his DoB on Facebook and verify age online that way 😉

No need, it's not just for students anymore.

• Advertisement

so to switch to vodafone x from another provider you need to buy the minimum credit(€10?) and after vodafone X has been enabled then add €20 in one go? Which leaves you with the original credit you added just to switch?

Advertisement