Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is your commute to work?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Depends on the time of year and the time I leave, and how bad things are on the M50.

Summer - leave at 8.10am to get in for 8.30ish, this allows half an hour for traffic problems. Going home - leave at 5.30pm, get home 6ish.

Winter - leave at 7.40am to get in for 8.30ish, this allows half an hour for traffic problems. Leave at 5.30pm, get home 6.30ish.

The traffic is so much worse on the M50 the past year or so though that the commute is slowing increasing winter and summer. This morning I lost a lot of time just getting onto the M50 itself, which meant I was later than usual getting off it so I got caught in school traffic on the last leg of the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

About 40 mins, 20 if traffic isn't terrible but it being London it pretty much always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

About half an hour if I get the bus, 10 minutes if I drive. Add on about a 10 minute walk to the bus stop and sometimes 10 minute walk to my car (city centre parking permit, there is never a space near my house!).

Often walk in the summer which takes about 40 minutes to get there, and 20 minutes back. Hills!

About 30 minutes leisurely drive each way. Could do it quicker if engaging warp engines but prefer 1/4 impulse.

No traffic. No traffic lights.

Only thing that might delay me is cattle crossing the road but I usually spend that time chatting to the farmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

50-70 minutes on the bus, with a 5 minute walk from the stop to the office. I leave at 7:10 to be in before 8:30. Typically the same coming home, but some evenings I go to a gym in town so the traffic has eased by the time I'm going home again. Still, my days are generally 12+ hours long.

The worst part is that the journey is only 11km door to door. I would be as well to live outside Dublin and travel in, saving money on rent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

About 15 minutes each way. Fall out of bed at about 8, shower, breakfast and drive to work, in for 9am start with plenty of time to spare :)

I used to drive 80-90 minutes each way when I was a sparks so this is a much welcomed change

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

30 minutes by motorcycle. If the weather is particularly **** then one hour ten door to door by bus.
    I really hate bad weather. Wish I could drive a car to work, but work is dead city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

40-50 minutes each way.

Can do it in 35 minutes when the little shits are off school.

Advertisement