Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

On the AEW belt being stolen/going missing(it's been found btw)It's not that rare but it has happened where important belts have been lost or damaged. The belt that Pedro morales won and held as WWF champion was found in a pawn shop years later. The AWA title of which Stan Hansen was the holder of at the time was damaged after he left to go to Japan and was stripped of the title and a terrible fate befell the belt when it was run over by a vehicle and was in bits. I think flair lost the NWA belt at least once. I don't know whether it was the domed globe version or the big gold one but I think he's admitted misplacing it during a fun night somewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well the decision to make Jericho champ is paying off with those Bubbly memes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jericho/Cody championship match announced as main event of Full Gear. Very much looking forward to it after all Jericho's antics this week, a little bit of the bubbly seems to have garnered more positive interest in AEW than some of their events have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know it's likely to help sell tickets, but could they not wait until the tv shows to set up that title match?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know it's likely to help sell tickets, but could they not wait until the tv shows to set up that title match?

They also have first title defense announced for 3rd TNT show or at least used that to sell tickets..

e5725fc8-773f-4ad4-9119-b80c2348576c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »

Thought Moxley Vs Omega would be the big seller for Full Gear and you could have built up some challengers for the title but seeing as there's a tag tournament kicking off TV you probably couldn't have another tournament to decide who fights Jericho and Cody probably has the best singles record so far anyway and opens up the possibility of MJF screwing him over.

The random title defensive three weeks before it seems strange unless ticket sales are low or it's gonna be an angle where Jericho hand picks his open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They could really over complicate this kind of stuff although wasn’t moxleys only match an unsanctioned match so it shouldn’t count

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1170027639068856320?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

They said on commentary it didn't count toward either mans record.

They should just pretend it never happened. God knows I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cody saying they might have a TV Title as well.

I could get behind a TV Title being defended every week and used as a stepping stone title.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IGN interview with Cody

https://ie.ign.com/articles/2019/09/07/aew-on-tnt-cody-rhodes-wants-quality-over-quantity-ign-first

Few things brought up such as the title going missing, the tv title mentioned above, how wins and losses affect planned title matches and the first tv match which will be
    Cody vs Sammy Guevara

He also jokes about the women's title that there's gong to be "Some guidelines about how they're supposed to take care of it."
    I was wondering if that was a joke about the AEW title going missing or a wee dig at the old NXT Women's title and Paige

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are AEW going to have a PPV like Wrestlemania annually ???

The TV show will be going head to head with one hour of NXT and one hour of Suits for the first few weeks.

WWE's rush to get NXT on the USA channel was so rushed both the WWE and USA forgot about the final season of Suits was on.

So NXT will do an hour on USA and a second hour on the Network till Suits finishes.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are AEW going to have a PPV like Wrestlemania annually ???

ALL In, ALL Out and whatever they want to call the next one will be there WM weekend I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

ALL In, ALL Out and whatever they want to call the next one will be there WM weekend I would imagine.

Tony Khan spoke like that, comparing it to Starrcade with it's tradition in the Carolina's (the first five or six), saying he viewed All Out the same and it would remain in Chicago.

I prefer Wednesday night dynamite although I’m not huge fan of either

https://twitter.com/alexm_talksport/status/1173953791273701376?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

MJF is on the God tier of pro wrestling heels in 2019, gas seeing people on Twitter getting so worked up over his dungeons and dragons tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

MJF is on the God tier of pro wrestling heels in 2019, gas seeing people on Twitter getting so worked up over his dungeons and dragons tweet.

Joe Manganiello to AEW! :pac:

https://twitter.com/AdamLanceGarcia/status/1174292331773747201

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've watched one or two of his promos. He's good but I think the "triggered" stuff is fans playing into it willingly.

As much as I want AEW to succeed, does anyone else think that they'll be a massive failure?

Really want them to do well but don't like having the bucks etc as EVPs and signing up all their jabroni mates. Would much rather have them, along with Cody and Kenny as just talent and a booker above them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I see it lasting 18 months at most.

• Advertisement

As much as I want AEW to succeed, does anyone else think that they'll be a massive failure?

Really want them to do well but don't like having the bucks etc as EVPs and signing up all their jabroni mates. Would much rather have them, along with Cody and Kenny as just talent and a booker above them.

I do think it will lead to problems separating characters and reality. And than anything they will be scrutinised like kenny saying today that nxt guys would be in dark matches or opening matches.

Like say you think you have a better roster but the negative stuff turns me against them straight away and it makes you fear the constant pot shots at wwe ala TNA

Cody's storylines so far have been grand but still it's been his 50 year old brother and his best mate that was a jobber in WWE.

I'd presume Young Buck signings - Brandon Cutler, The Librarian, Best Friends etc are just not good enough for a company that wants to be a major company.

Tony Kahn has to put his foot down and make big decisions. Supposedly he did veto the signing of Joey Ryan so I'll respect him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I'd presume Young Buck signings - Brandon Cutler, The Librarian, Best Friends etc are just not good enough for a company that wants to be a major company.

Even if I think Chuck Taylor is great and valuable to any company fair enough if you don't think so that's down to opinion. But Trent has spent years in WWE and New Japan so I'm not sure he can be lumped in with the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think signing talent their hands are tied. WWE are signing everyone that wants a contract even if they aren't worth the ink of it. Impact, MLW & ROH are trying to hold on to who they have. Some talents are nearing the end of their contract but do you want to throw a load of money for the sake of it at someone like Killer Kross when he might not add many eyes on the product to make it beneficial. Personally I'd look towards Mexico for talent now as WWE tends to offer talent deals that they nearly always turn down first time & can't even book Rey Mysterio now.
    Taurus deserves 90% of Velasquez's praise, El Hijo Del Vikingo is barely booked in America, Rey Horus, Laredo Kid are great too. People keep crying out for them to get big men well Cobb & Brody King contracts are supposedly due soon I'd be all over them. King has a unique look & is actually talented so you wont have to book him in squash matches to show him how to wrestle.
    I've no problem with them booking it as they haven't really booked Omega or anyone to the moon. A lot of top bookers in wrestling were on screen characters (some were even main event talent). Its refreshing that a company didn't hire a Bischoff or Russo to do anything creative or make decisions beyond what time we order coffee. Even Heyman feels dated to me as anything he's credited with (Cedric, Black & ugh that Mike & Maria bollocks) is nothing to boast about.
    The real test will be in 2 or 3 years time if someone in AEW has the potential to be huge how will they handle it, will they keep them at all costs to book long term?
    Will they over push someone even if the fans dont take to him initially but they see something in him?
    They didn't hotshot Hangman Page for the sake of it so I think that's a good sign.

cian68 wrote: »
    Even if I think Chuck Taylor is great and valuable to any company fair enough if you don't think so that's down to opinion. But Trent has spent years in WWE and New Japan so I'm not sure he can be lumped in with the rest

Yeah sorry meant Chuck Taylor tbf. His flabby Physique especially.

Just want to say I don't follow any Indy promotions so just giving my honest opinion of what I've seen so far.

As I say I'd love to see this company succeed so no malice on my part.

I look back to WCW. They had the benefit of getting the big stars of the WWF from the 80's. The attitude era is basically 20 years ago (the last boom period) and 95% of those lads are worthless (except for a Stone Cold, Rock etc who will never sign) so I just don't see who will get a casual fan to tune in. I think CM Punk is their only big option. Daniel Bryan would have been a big get before he got the all clear from WWE.

I think it comes down to Tony Khan and how committed he his. There will be bumps on the road so will be interesting to see how he reacts. He's had some reactions at Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

It will come down too how long The Elite stay also. Once one them decides, this isn’t for me, you might see the flood gates open. Or even Jericho to decide the lure of a last WM moment to be a big draw

I think it comes down to Tony Khan and how committed he his. There will be bumps on the road so will be interesting to see how he reacts. He's had some reactions at Fulham.

i think it will be down to money really jericho, moxley and all the elite lads will be on some big salaries and if ratings dont come in theyll be bleeding money if revenue isnt coming in

from the few fullham fans i know they say khans arent liked a lot

It will come down too how long The Elite stay also. Once one them decides, this isn’t for me, you might see the flood gates open. Or even Jericho to decide the lure of a last WM moment to be a big draw

I'd be 100% certain that Jericho will end up back in the WWE "family" once he hangs up his boots. He's always been cute enough to know what's best for him at a given point in his life. The guy has done extremely well. He's like the opposite of Flair in that he's made all the right decisions financially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Kings Of The North have mixed it up with some big teams on the Indus any chance they will get signed?

Isn't Scrulls contract up soon also, so I'd say he is a definate.

Advertisement