Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
08-10-2019, 15:25   #46
Salary Negotiator
Registered User
 
Salary Negotiator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Well then how is it the African leaders must have everything go through them 1st.
Jesus lad, if you don’t know that you’re talking about just stop talking.
Salary Negotiator is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 15:26   #47
bigroad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,185
Why don't they get a few trucks ,load them with condoms and drive them into Africa .
bigroad is offline  
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 15:27   #48
punisher5112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 15,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salary Negotiator View Post
Jesus lad, if you don’t know that you’re talking about just stop talking.
A lot of corruption over there but hey it's ok as you say I've no idea....
punisher5112 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 15:28   #49
enricoh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,736
That paschal Donoghue cannot stop spending money- worse than useless.
When fg got in it was meant to be 50/50
split on increase spending n tax cuts. Then 2/1 spending v tax cuts. It must be 98/2 at this stage!
More free houses, more hap, crimbo bonus, fuel allowance more, more, more!
enricoh is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:28   #50
Brendan Bendar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 9,092
Oh dear..
Brendan Bendar is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 15:30   #51
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts
Registered User
 
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post
Looks like this budget is going to take another tenner or possibly 20 out of our pockets a week...

So in the last ten years we're all down around 5200 a year ....

Well done Paschal

Good man

Environmentally friendly jobs, therefore filling the pocket's of the people who invested their money in wind turbines etc

Don't tell Jimmy and Mary you need a diesel engine to get them going, or the amount of tonnes of environmental unfriendly organic lubricant it takes to keep them serviced....

Yep
Was this you multiplying 52 by 10? Or do you mean €5,200 in ten years total?
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:32   #52
Cina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Nearly a billion sent out as aid to some of the richest countries in the world.....

More money for hap...

More money for the influx of refugees that are mainly coming from countries that have absolutely no war or issues that should be the reason of trying to flee.
Why would I need to prove you wrong? You're the one who made the claims with zero facts or articles or anything to back yourself up. You're the one who should be "proving" yourself, not me. So why don't you back up your claims and we can all go from there?
Cina is offline  
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 15:33   #53
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts
Registered User
 
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
Still wondering why they have a double dole at Christmas when most businesses in retail and warehousing cant hire staff fast enough in December.
I hope the Christmas bonus remains. It really helps me at that time of year because being gravely ill hasn’t lessened the gift expectations. I’m not let off the hook there at all. And actually, I want to get nice gifts for all the people who help me out a lot all the time these days. The money goes right back into the economy so I don’t feel guilty.
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:34   #54
Your Face
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Well then how is it the African leaders must have everything go through them 1st.

It doesn't. It depends on the particular case.

Also you have to keep in mind that some of this aid is used to grow a countries local economy with a view to establishing future trading links. I find that quite a pragmatic investment.
Your Face is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 15:35   #55
Cina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Is there a war in Africa?
India?
Albania?
You really need to figure out the difference between immigrants and refugees and come back to us when you do.
Cina is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:36   #56
Thelonious Monk
Registered User
 
Thelonious Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,973
I would love if they gave 10 or 20 to people on welfare, just because it annoys the boards and journal nazi loons.
Thelonious Monk is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:40   #57
topper75
Registered User
 
topper75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,138
Anything to be said for another click on the debt clock?

https://commodity.com/debt-clock/ireland/
topper75 is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:42   #58
Brendan Bendar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 9,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
I would love if they gave 10 or 20 to people on welfare, just because it annoys the boards and journal nazi loons.
What a strange post..... could you expand on it?
Brendan Bendar is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:44   #59
Thelonious Monk
Registered User
 
Thelonious Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Bendar View Post
What a strange post..... could you expand on it?
I find it amusing how annoyed certain people here get over welfare payments, as if it makes any difference to their lives. The same nutters who don't believe in science and hate cyclists and people who dont eat meat. Horrible people.
Thelonious Monk is offline  
08-10-2019, 15:47   #60
JP Liz V1
Registered User
 
JP Liz V1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50,126
No increase in minimum wage
JP Liz V1 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet