Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work crush and Christmas party.

• 13-12-2018 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

I work in a secondary school and have a crush on one of my colleagues. I'm 25 and she's 22.

Ive gotten to speak to get a lot recently and would like to ask her out.

We have our Christmas party tomorrow evening and am wondering should I try and turn things a little flirtier than things have been or make any moves?

I don't drink so I will have my wit's about me but it also means I may not be three most confident.

Any suggestions on how to approach this? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

I work in a secondary school and have a crush on one of my colleagues. I'm 25 and she's 22.

We have our Christmas party tomorrow evening and am wondering should I try and turn things a little flirtier than things have been or make any moves?

I don't drink so I will have my wit's about me but it also means I may not be three most confident.

Sure drop the oul hand and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

The real question is are you both women?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Wait till she's done the leaving, at least.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Awful idea. You can't make the move if you're sober and she's loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

If you're colleagues then it would be wise to remain on platonic terms.

We're only colleagues for another week or so cos I'm working as a substitute and am starting a new job after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Make sure there's no chalk dust on your hands , them handprints will give the game away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Sure drop the oul hand and let us know how you get on.

Or don't.

Nothing meaningful ever came out of a drunken fumble at a Christmas do, except maybe knob rot.

Even if you're not drinking, buy her a couple, have a laugh with her in a bigger group and keep it light. Ask her if she's ok for getting home and stuff and make sure to catch her eye and try a bit of harmless banter and flirting. The objective being, that shes thinking about you after the night is over. After Christmas, ask her out the old fashioned way and go from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

We're only colleagues for another week or so cos I'm working as a substitute and am starting a new job after Christmas.

Blow the load and hit the road.

Classic.

Noveight wrote: »
    Blow the load and hit the road.

Classic.

Do a JFK , shoot the load in her hair , she jumps out of the car screaming and runs off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

Do a JFK , shoot the load in her hair , she jumps out of the car screaming and runs off.

I think you have confused who got shot with a load in the head with that post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Ask her does she want a ride. If she says no, ask her would she mind lying down while you have one.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Have you teaching job in Dubai sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get talking and ask her would she like to go out for a meal as your time there is short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Ask Feeky on his lunch break for some advice.

i think there was an old saying about dogs and doorsteps that might apply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Given all the grammatical errors I am more worried about the students.

Reati wrote: »
    I think you have confused who got shot with a load in the head with that post...

Poetic license

i think there was an old saying about dogs and doorsteps that might apply here.

Don't sh1t on your own.....

Don't worry he is leaving....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Given all the grammatical errors I am more worried about the students.

The OP could be a PE teacher to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Do not do it.

For the love of god, do not do it.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Easy - start drinking .........and there is no time like the present, the night is but a pup

Otherwise :

I'm 25 and she's 22

could seem a bit .... odd

Is she a nun?
    We need something to increase the disaster factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Start drinking.

Nobody likes a bore

Start drinking.

Nobody likes a bore

Great idea. And smoking too. You want people to like you and think you're cool right?

Larbre34 wrote:
    Even if you're not drinking, buy her a couple, have a laugh with her in a bigger group and keep it light. Ask her if she's ok for getting home and stuff and make sure to catch her eye and try a bit of harmless banter and flirting. The objective being, that shes thinking about you after the night is over. After Christmas, ask her out the old fashioned way and go from there.

Good advice. Thank you

You want people to like you and think you're cool right?

Not people per se, just this 22 year old.

Saddle up and give her one for me, OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Been there done that. It was fun at the time.
    Until the next Monday at about 9am.

Trust me, don't do it.

Edit: just saw you're leaving in a week.
    Thunderbirds are go sir.

Not people per se, just this 22 year old.

Saddle up and give her one for me, OP!

#WomenArePeopleToo

• Advertisement

#WomenArePeopleToo

I truly hope you're being sarcastic.

I truly hope you're being sarcastic.

????

Start a punch up , she'll definitely be interested.

I'll be back on Saturday morning at 7am for an update btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Ask her to shift your ugly friend.
    When she hopefully says no ask will she shift you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ara, it's the Christmas season. Plenty of people are just looking to head out and have a heap of pints, before hooking up with someone for a good ride. No need to be overthinking these sort of situations. I know you don't drink, but that doesn't mean you can't get into the randy Christmas spirit. Make sure you give the old twig and berries a bit of a trim before you head out just in case you do get lucky.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

You’re 24 and talking about your “crush”?

Have a pint and chat to the other lads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Seriously?
    Why do these threads always come up, more so in PI.
    Get on with it.
    Your gone soon, ask her, what have you got to loose, it will probably bug you for months after.

Then when you’re stalking her Facebook in a few years time and you see she is married with kids it will only get worse and you will be thinking if only.....
    As her, you will either get a yes or a no.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I didn't mean that i was looking for anything too forward tomorrow evening.
    ATM we're just chatting and having a laugh but can't say anything has been overly flirty.

This will be the first social situation that we are out together. Do I try and act a little more flirty etc or ask her to dance etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I didn't mean that i was looking for anything too forward tomorrow evening.
    ATM we're just chatting and having a laugh but can't say anything has been overly flirty.

This will be the first social situation that we are out together. Do I try and act a little more flirty etc or ask her to dance etc etc.
    OP a work night out is not a normal social situation, in my experience they are mostly awkward affairs. Bide ur time, I certainly wouldn't make any moves, ur nervous as it, relax & enjoy ur evening. Friend her on FB & go from there, when u are in a different school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Sure ask her out for a dance and once she sees your moves you'll be in like Flynn then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wait until Don't Stop Believin' by Journey comes on. It's a real dance floor filler. Then break out your best moves and shuffle over towards her during the guitar solo part.

Drop both hands....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Ara, it's the Christmas season. Plenty of people are just looking to head out and have a heap of pints, before hooking up with someone for a good ride. No need to be overthinking these sort of situations. I know you don't drink, but that doesn't mean you can't get into the randy Christmas spirit. Make sure you give the old twig and berries a bit of a trim before you head out just in case you do get lucky.

Best of luck.

Johnnys got you covered 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I say go for it.

OP, I will apologise in advance if I've gotten this completely wrong, but have you created many threads in PI and other places related to meeting women?

If so then you need to take a step back from the preoccupation you have. You are young with all of life and its experiences ahead of you. Constantly searching for "what to do" on an internet forum really isn't healthy. Learn to trust your own intuition and decisions.

If you like the girl then ask her out. It really is as simple as that. If she declines then you move on knowing that you tried. Don't internalise her response as a reflection on you. We can't win them all :)

Chat them all up ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

OP, in this sociopolitical climate you may want to bring a solicitor along with you and have some sort of a consent form ready to be consigned and witnessed by aforementioned solicitor.

Glazers Out!

Just bring papers declare your intentions and get her to sign....

Win win....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Don’t go to the party with a loaded gun.
    https://youtu.be/9p3j294sqM8‬

• Advertisement
Advertisement