Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    The level of obsession that the losers in this thread have with this woman is bordering on mental illness.
    What medical grounds do you have for this diagnosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

I asked you a question, two actually.

"You don't think she has done anything wrong then I take it? Or is it just that people are still talking about her?"

Can you answer it before you lose your head and get banned?

You put a question mark at the end of an assumption, which doesn't really make it a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Time to shut it down, Boards.ie.

Unfortunately for you Boards.ie doesn't see the necessity to censor this thread. Try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

You put a question mark at the end of an assumption, which doesn't really make it a question.

No then. Cool, good contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Why is this thread still up and running? Does any human being deserve public shaming at this level?

Roll on legislation that will deal with social media that can behave in this way. Shame on you, Boards.ie, not to mention the low-life's that keep contributing to this thread.

ah how are ya Maggie ?
    Are ya goin down to see Jon Boy "Tyson" dundon McCarthy v JJ "king of the travellers" mcnally in the bare knuckle bash ?

tuxy wrote: »
    Stop that nonsense.
    Just say the rosary and everything will be grand!

A copy and share = a prayer

86e125161d505506ab7f84831fcfd719.png

It's amazing how religious travellers are, how moral they think it makes them.

Is it to make up for all the vicious criminality they are involved in ?

Take a deep breath, conserve your precious outrage for something more worthy, be more honest and just *think*...

- She puts herself in the spotlight constantly
    - Her behaviour is appalling - selfish, dishonest, aggressive, rude, self entitled and ungrateful (not to mention the criminality) - we are not the lowlives here, nor the ones that should feel ashamed. She doesn't give a sh1t about anyone so you're being a mug to get offended on her behalf.
    - She's not a timid, vulnerable little victim - she can take care of herself.

Ask yourself what kind of way is it to be thinking that internet comments about dreadful behaviour is worse than the dreadful behaviour.

Also, use your anger for people like her unfortunate neighbours, for people who need state supports, like the sick, disabled, carers, those laid off in their 50s and struggling to find work because of their age - who are being robbed by the likes of her.

Use it for people who work hard, struggle to meet outgoings and don't get a thing despite paying their taxes while this freeloader gets everything for nothing - and demands it.

Because right now you don't look like you give a sh1t about them and are only interested in virtue signalling on behalf of someone who is very well looked after indeed. And that to me is what's shameful.

Wow!!
    If I could thank this 50 times I would!!

It's amazing how religious travellers are, how moral they think it makes them.

Is it to make up for all the vicious criminality they are involved in ?

Likely. Same with mafia and narcos.

Catholicism really is a suitable religion for those types, as all you have to do is go to confession and the priest has to keep his mouth shut.

Wow!!
    If I could thank this 50 times I would!!
    Thanks. :)

It's frustrating and upsetting what's allowed in this country - and I see red and get passionate when these horrible horrible accounts barge in to insult us and downplay what is frustrating us. They think they're such decent and morally superior folk when they just come across as extremely nasty, and callous towards people who actually need help.

But that's a lot on the left for ya. Big part of why I've moved from the left to the centre. Sometimes right of centre.

Catholicism really is a suitable religion for those types, as all you have to do is go to confession and the priest has to keep his mouth shut.

Do you mean a priest that would pronounce a 15 year old child someone’s (most likely a teenage cousin) wife?

She has this on her fb
    love's me 7 beautiful kid's more than life

Hmm ... not enough to steal €300+ worth of clothes and risk jail and so not seeing them for a time - more no ???

Yes, prisoners too, always amazed the amount of prisoners that "find" Jesus while they are inside.

Almost like they don't want to take responsibility :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks. :)

It's frustrating and upsetting what's allowed in this country - and I see red and get passionate when these horrible horrible accounts barge in to insult us and downplay what is frustrating is. They think they're such decent and morally superior folk when they just come across as extremely nasty, and callous towards people who actually need help.

But that's a lot on the left for ya. Big part of why I've moved from the left to the centre. Sometimes right of centre.

Who or what are your referring to, Bridget Mushy Viper? This post comes across to me across to me as a load of gobble-de-gook. Please explain or be more specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

This person is being victimized unfairly on this forum.

So let's get this straight -- Margaret Cash can give interviews in the national media blaming the government and Dublin County Council for the fact that she has seven children and no house. She can appear outside the Dail ranting into a megaphone about how the government should resign. She can post on Facebook that she hopes the Taoiseach dies a painful death.

But anyone who criticizes Margaret Cash's antics, or even suggests that she shouldn't have had seven children if she had no way to house, feed, and clothe them, is accused of victimizing her unfairly?

In today's Ireland, there are many 28-year-olds who have finished school, gone to university, worked hard in demanding professional jobs, and are still in no position to afford a house or children of their own. The latest census showed that there are nearly 25,000 Irish people aged 25+ still living at home with their parents, presumably because many of them can't afford to move out.

And yet the hard-pressed taxpayer is funding the irresponsible lifestyle choices of Margaret Cash and many others like her.

That's why people are riled up. It's not about Margaret Cash as an individual. It's about the entitlement culture that she represents, and the "me, me, me" and "take, take, take" of it as she shouts and stamps her feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

She has this on her fb

love's me 7 beautiful kid's more than life

Hmm ... not enough to steal €300+ worth of clothes and risk jail and so not seeing them for a time - more no ???

Ah sure it was all for the kids

“I don’t know what the shoplifting has to do with me being homeless, it is my private life.

"I never said I was a saint or anything, far from it.

“None of this has to do with the homeless crisis.

“I feel like I’m being attacked for highlighting the homeless crisis. It’s all about me shoplifting, they are looking for the bad.

The clothes were for the kids. I feel like I am being targeted. It is letting the Government off the hook.”

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

Of course she could afford €600 for a communion suit for her son and also whatever her daughters communion dress cost but I'm sure it was the gubbermints fault for not paying her enough that she was forced to steal from Penneys

Who or what are your referring to, Gimme A Pound? This post comes across to me across to me as a load of gobble-de-gook. Please explain or be more specific.
    This kind of post is woefully dishonest.

I may not be good at a lot of things but one thing I have an aptitude for is clear written communications. In fact it's how I make my living.

What I said was perfectly clear. If you need more context, the preceding posts are there for all to see.

So let's get this straight -- Margaret Cash can give interviews in the national media blaming the government and Dublin County Council for the fact that she has seven children and no house. She can appear outside the Dail ranting into a megaphone about how the government should resign. She can post on Facebook that she hopes the Taoiseach dies a painful death.

But anyone who criticizes Margaret Cash's antics, or even suggests that she shouldn't have had seven children if she had no way to house, feed, and clothe them, is accused of victimizing her unfairly?

In today's Ireland, there are many 28-year-olds who have finished school, gone to university, worked hard in demanding professional jobs, and are still in no position to afford a house or children of their own. The latest census showed that there are nearly 25,000 Irish people aged 25+ still living at home with their parents, presumably because many of them can't afford to move out.

And yet the hard-pressed taxpayer is funding the irresponsible lifestyle choices of Margaret Cash and many others like her.

That's why people are riled up. It's not about Margaret Cash as an individual. It's about the entitlement culture that she represents, and the "me, me, me" and "take, take, take" of it as she shouts and stamps her feet.

Terrible waste of an intelligent post as VF is just going to bat it off with another nonsensical response.

The woman's name is specified in the title of the thread. No indication as to what, according to you, she represents. A bit disingenuous on your part, don't you think, Rex Tasteless Gutter?

As I've said earlier the title of the thread is very specific, relating to an offense that has been dealt with in the courts. That should be the end. IMO, everything that has been on here day after day, mentioning the lady's name is off topic. It is an excuse to be involved in the victimization of this woman, who is as entitled to her privacy as you or me. A lot of what is being said on this thread not only victimizes M. Cash, but attacks the community to which she belongs. Time to close the thread. Way overdue, in fact.

Have you made your opinion known to a Mod and have they agreed to close the thread on your say so?

Terrible waste of an intelligent post as VF is just going to bat it off with another nonsensical response.

On schedule :)

The woman's name is specified in the title of the thread. No indication as to what, according to you, she represents. A bit disingenuous on your part, don't you think, Vox Nihili?

I think it's SPOT ON TOPIC to be honest, the pennys stealing angle is part of a greater problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Yes boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

This just in, she's claiming to have a job now.

e25fbb0c1b82c9d543f4cd4e86728987.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The woman's name is specified in the title of the thread. No indication as to what, according to you, she represents. A bit disingenuous on your part, don't you think, Vox Nihili?

Woah Woah Woah there... Lady??? Lets have a look at the definition shall we?

Lady:
    a woman of good social position

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As I've said earlier the title of the thread is very specific, relating to an offense that has been dealt with in the courts. That should be the end. IMO, everything that has been on here day after day, mentioning the lady's name is off topic. It is an excuse to be involved in the victimization of this woman, who is as entitled to her privacy as you or me.
    Privacy? You have to be laughing a laugh or are on laughing gas. She has constantly been pushing herself into the public view, on social media and old media, nearly always looking for more "free" money and other "entitlements" paid for by the taxpayers of this country. Shrinking violet she is not.
    A lot of what is being said on this thread not only victimizes M. Cash, but attacks the community to which she belongs
    Victimises her? Are you bloody kidding me? She is a proven drain on Irish society and by her own words and actions too. And even with that "free" money and "entitlements", more than a scarily large section of Irish people who contribute to our society, she still can't stop the theft? Get off the cross on her behalf.
    Time to close the thread. Way overdue, in fact.
    Hate to break it to you Ted, but you're not on Facebook or Twitter now, you can't block things you don't like to hear. The fact you seem so sure your demands will be accommodated tells me much.

ShaneC93 wrote:

Collecting social welfare every week is a job now?

ShaneC93 wrote: »

e25fbb0c1b82c9d543f4cd4e86728987.png

She's talking about motherhood I would imagine.

Hey mods, maybe we could satisfy the latest pedantry by changing the thread title to 'Maggie's Farm' or something like that.

Or 'Human of certain gender, who hails from a minority ethnic background, rebels against large chain store in order to cloth her children'.

Don't like what's being discussed = then shut down the thread

Margaret wouldn't have been in the public eye only for the stunt in the Garda Station

In fact she had used the media years before that

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/no-solution-in-sight-with-ongoing-homeless-crisis

She has kept herself in the public eye through social media, protests, being on the Niall Boylan show etc

She won't stop using the media until she has her ' forever proper home'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Collecting social welfare every week is a job now?

She will say her job is a mother.

To thine own self be true

This kind of post is woefully dishonest.

I may not be good at a lot of things but one thing I have an aptitude for is clear written communications. In fact it's how I make my living.

What I said was perfectly clear. If you need more context, the preceding posts are there for all to see.

All may be perfectly clear to you in your head, Bridget Mushy Viper, but if you read the post I referred t, you'll find there is nothing specific in it, only a load of generalities that could refer to anyone or anything. I'm just referring to one post in particular. I shouldn't be expected to read back through all of your other posts in order to get the drift of what you're saying. If this post is an example of how you make your living ...... I'll say no more.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Don't like what's being discussed = then shut down the thread

Margaret wouldn't have been in the public eye only for the stunt in the Garda Station

In fact she had used the media years before that

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/no-solution-in-sight-with-ongoing-homeless-crisis

She has kept herself in the public eye through social media, protests, being on the Niall Boylan show etc

She won't stop using the media until she has her ' forever proper home'

How did Niall Boylan treat her actually ?

Wibbs wrote: »
    The fact you seem so sure your demands will be accommodated tells me much.

Jesus, maybe it is her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,825 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How did Niall Boylan treat her actually ?

He basically asked why did she have kids she can't afford!

I edited the thread tittle just so people know that discussion may go on here outside of the Penneys incident.
    Let's face it Margaret will stay in media until she gets a permanent home off the council!

She will say her job is a mother.

My wife has been double jobbing for years so. I guess though we thought it best to pay for our own 'forever home'. Sometimes you feel like a mug for paying your way and having personal responsibility. Its a very simple concept can't afford to house kids don't have any until you can.

The mouth-breathers need somewhere to spew their two minute hate.

I have a rather bad head cold at the moment, mouth breathing is all I can do. Very perceptive of you though.

He basically asked why did she have kids she can't afford!

I heard the interview Mags doesn't like straight questions. She gets all shouty and "gubbermint gubbermint" seems to be the only coherent thing that can picked out from verbal diatribe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Get a life, you people.

Sure thing, rereg....don't forget to get one yourself.

Lovely use of language there :rolleyes:

More an apt description of you/your post actually.

Another who doesn't give a sh1t about the people who get robbed by such freeloaders.

I edited the thread tittle just so people know that discussion may go on here outside of the Penneys incident.
    Let's face it Margaret will stay in media until she gets a permanent home off the council!

Some edit, freshpopcorn!

Margaret Cash steals court €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

The new title repeats again the fact that Ms Cash has committed a felony that has been dealt with by the courts three months ago. She's had her comeuppance in by the courts - does that fact have to be repeated every day on boards.ie? That is imposing a punishment on the woman, that we have no entitlement to do and that no woman (or man) deserves. This fact is no longer news yet you have it as part of the thread title. Aftermath or no aftermath, this woman is as entitled as you or me to her name, be it good or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Some edit, freshpopcorn!

Margaret Cash steals court €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

The new title repeats again the fact that Ms Cash has committed a felony that has been dealt with by the courts three months ago. She's had her comeuppance in by the courts - does that fact have to be repeated every day on boards.ie? That is imposing a punishment on the woman, that we have no entitlement to do and that no woman (or man) deserves. This fact is no longer news yet you have it as part of the thread title. Aftermath or no aftermath, this woman is as entitled as you or me to her name, be it good or bad.

LOL

Rample ramble rample

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Fecund woman of considerable state provided means, pulls publicity stunt to highlight her engineered homelessness, cultivates and nurtures a high profile media presence, where she cites the "gubbermint" for "robbing her blind" and killing other similarly irresponsible members of her community, is convicted of theft and whose partner was recently charged with a serious assault, continues to demand a forever home because she's entitled.

But "muh... shes entitled to her privacy"

GTFO.
    Clown college graduates would be embarrassed by such buffoonery.

No luck having the thread closed I see. Calls for censorship usually end badly just saying.....

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys is a fact

It prob should be amended to €321 lol

We're doing her a disservice by understating the amount she stole

This fact will not change nor go away

Keeping this fact in a thread title imposes no additional punishment on her imo

No luck having the thread closed I see. Calls for censorship usually end badly just saying.....

A compromise was attempted - with a not very satisfactory edit and no credit given, as to why. Action of a sort undertaken, admittedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Some edit, freshpopcorn!

You might be onto something in fairness

Maybe a sticky Margaret Cash Superthread might be more appropriate. Where we could discuss her latest affront to society...

Anyway, were you in for the porcelain dolls yourself?

Some edit, freshpopcorn!

The Penneys incident should be discussed.
    Why did it happen?
    Is the issue that social welfare not enough?
    The penatilies for theft not enough in this country?
    With this people will dig and the Waterford Crysral and expensive communion deess will pop up and people will come to conclusions.
    This is all linked with her situation and discussion will happen.

Fecund woman of considerable state provided means, pulls publicity stunt to highlight her engineered homelessness, cultivates and nurtures a high profile media presence, where she cites the "gubbermint" for "robbing her blind" and killing other similarly irresponsible members of her community, is convicted of theft and whose partner was recently charged with a serious assault, continues to demand a forever home because she's entitled.

But "muh... shes entitled to her privacy"

GTFO.
    Clown college graduates would be embarrassed by such buffoonery.

You forgot “And loses the plot when asked about personal responsibility”

The Penneys incident should be discussed.
    Why did it happen?
    Is the issue that social welfare not enough?
    The penatilies for theft not enough in this country?
    With this people will dig and the Waterford Crysral and expensive communion deess will pop up and people will come to conclusions.
    This is all linked with her situation and discussion will happen.

Won't matter what you call the thread, FP. User just wants it shut.

You'd miss the early days of the thread where people who disagreed with the general consensus of the thread would argue rationally. Now its all "MUUUHHHH RACISTS!!!"