Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Omackeral wrote: »
    I never said that she did so no back up required.

So it has no place in a thread titled Margaret Cash, blah blah blah.

We're agreed then, that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

No it's not. You inferred that these yobs were sick of being treated like dirt by the police. My point is, the police don't generally just harass and bother normal everyday folks. It's usually people loitering around, intimidating others and being a bit of a nuisance.

Right so because it's never happened to you, it doesn't happen "generally"?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by generally? Is that a term used to describe a self employed engineering contractor paying huge taxes every year driving an almost new van having it turned upside down because his "attitude" is bad?

Or is it young lads being stopped and having their pockets searched because some w(anchor) tells them they're carrying drugs, again without having a record or no suspicion of doing such?

I can't wait to hear the answer BTW.

Now let me ask you this. Is it at all possible that our great police force who "generally" harass people who only give them gip, might Pick on Travellers?

I've been amongst their most ardent critics on here. But I'm not buying for a second that they wouldn't be victims of garda crap from a young age.

Am I being detained?!

Haven't used that line yet.

Only crap I've been on the end of was while driving.

Im not sure the "am I being detained" thing applies while driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BBFAN wrote: »

Threads evolve and have tangents. That's how it goes. John Connors was brought into the converation as he echoed similar sentiments to Ms Cash regarding the Carrickmines tragedy. The talk then briefly turned to other stuff Connors has spoken on in an effort to show that he, quite frankly, talks a lot of sh*te. It was a spur of the conversation being had.

So we're not in agreement at all actually, no.

Threads evolve and have tangents. That's how it goes. John Connors was brought into the converation as he echoed similar sentiments to Ms Cash regarding the Carrickmines tragedy. The talk then briefly turned to other stuff Connors has spoken on in an effort to show that he, quite frankly, talks a lot of sh*te. It was a spur of the conversation being had.

So we're not in agreement at all actually, no.

Nice signature actually. For all of your sh@t.

Except you spelt "Amish" wrong.

Right so because it's never happened to you, it doesn't happen "generally"?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by generally? Is that a term used to describe a self employed engineering contractor paying huge taxes every year driving an almost new van having it turned upside down because his "attitude" is bad?

Or is it young lads being stopped and having their pockets searched because some w(anchor) tells them they're carrying drugs, again without having a record or no suspicion of doing such?

I can't wait to hear the answer BTW.

Now let me ask you this. Is it at all possible that our great police force who "generally" harass people who only give them gip, might Pick on Travellers?

I've been amongst their most ardent critics on here. But I'm not buying for a second that they wouldn't be victims of garda crap from a young age.

What I mean by ''generally'' is generally. I'm using my experiences as a young lad in a disadvanated area as a barometer here. I'm using anecdotes from my peers who also grew up around the same area. It's not a massive conspiracy, it's just that if you generally don't act the flute, then that sort of attention generally passes you by. You said you're from a rural background. I'm telling you how it was in my area. Don't know what more you need explained.

Are there dickhead gards who get their kicks stopping and agitating teens or youngsters? Yes. Are there dickhead gards who enjoy searching cars for no reason other than to inconvenience someone? Probably. Is it an epidemic. Not really. As i said, if you're a decent type of person not looking for bother, then 99% of the time you won't be bothered by the police. If you're the type of arsehole that whips out a camera phone and records a police officer the minute they approach you, then you're probably hoping for something top happen anyway.

Nice signature actually. For all of your sh@t.

Except you spelt "Amish" wrong.

Thank you but I'm afraid you're getting your minorites and posters mixed up there, Champ. Graces7 likened the Travellers to the Amish. Joeytheparrot was the crusader shedding light on the settled man dumping rubbish on campsites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Actually see was delighted about what happened to lidl during the storm last year but has since made that Facebook post private so I have no proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Yes. We should all have to "kiss ass" to anyone who walks around in uniform and with a badge.

I seen something kicking off one night years ago. Some guy alleged to have hit another guy (I think he did, not trying to defend him he seemed like a c@nt)was being told by a very wound up Garda that he needed to show his ID.

Guy just stood there and basically told the Garda he wasn't obliged to carry ID with him. Threats about arrest, you'll be in the cell etc. amounted to nothing.

If they arrest someone there's heaps of paperwork and everything else they need to look at.

In some ways it's like a game of poker.

Anyway. Any time one comes near me since the phone is out. Periscope put on. Everything live.

You are obliged to provide your name and address when asked by a guard,if they suspect this is false they can request proof.

However they can ask you your name and address for any reason,if there is no suspicions of a crime anything after that is an invasion of your privacy and personal liberty and you are not obliged to answer...
    Haven't used that line yet.

Only crap I've been on the end of was while driving.

Im not sure the "am I being detained" thing applies while driving.

Detained is not the word, under arrest is. You can ask a guard are you under arrest, if they say no then you are free to leave, it applies to my beginning post too.

Best way to ask is " An I under arrest guard? No? Ok well I'll be on my way so,have a nice day"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Best way to deal with cops in any country; be polite and kiss ass if you have to. If it keeps you out of a cell / avoid getting hit up for a fine / charged with anything, then it's yes / no / three bags full, Guard until you can drive or walk away. Compared to other countries, our Gardai are still a fairly benign force. You give cheek to a French or Spanish or American cop and you'll remember it on your death bed.

"Yes Guard...No Guard....Sorry Guard" are the only phrases you need.

Although I did use "Can I borrow your flashlight?" when I couldn't find my driving licence in the unlit glove box. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That's so obviously not what I said OMack, just calling out liars as usual.

Pisses me completely off when people tell complete lies.

So people getting some numbers mixed up (we all know approx. what she gets, specifics don't really matter when we are talking generally here) on a forum is just awful but having 7 kids you can't pay for with an absolute scumbag, expecting a free house to go along with them, 40 odd convictions (great example for the childer), being some kind of sad mascot/puppet for the free houses for all idiots, being a leech since she could, happily (and I do mean happily) on welfare for life and inciting violence against anyone who speaks against her or travellers in general....all grand.

Found a news report for Dec 2017 giving an indication of how much is spent to house a family in a B&B. Seeing as Margaret has a large family, would it be fair to say she would be on the higher side of payments? This report was for Cork but is an indicator at least.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/ireland/250k-to-keep-eight-families-in-hotels-464275.html

[quote/] A spreadsheet showed the monthly payments made with regard to various placements and also highlights the variety of costs on offer, from one cent for a week-long stay in November/ December last year to €4,420 to cover a two-week stay at the start of June this year. More payments, and a greater number of larger payments, are visible in recent months.

How do you type quote tags properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

In the "Quick reply" box to the right of the photo symbol there's a quote icon. It does it automatically for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How do you type quote tags properly?

use [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] around the quote text. (but remove the spaces i had to put in to make the tags visible)

like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I don't like John either but to state that the community lost their Lidl store is another lie as the store was swiftly rebuilt.

So what happened to the shop in the interim?

The community lost their store between March and August when it was closed after being smashed by looters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

So you don't want an honest politician that will tell the truth....

No wonder the country is fcuked....

How do you think Trump is an honest politician?

Effects wrote: »
    How do you think Trump is an honest politician?

He's not even a politician, never mind honest.

Poor Margaret’s a bit upset that details of her 3 bed house has been leaked to the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That fat fcuk Connors is one Grade A tool.

He hasn't a clue.

Why can't we have a politician similar to trump that actually tells it how it actually is.

Leo blows bubbles up people's a holes just to look good.

Zapone wants to bring all the middle aged men..... I mean children back to Ireland and hug them all and oh she wanted to bring them all back with her.

If you look at these war zones there is now a huge amount of women fighting as the men have all legged it a bit like cashes husband.

Seems to be the most fertile man in Ireland.
    Paulzx wrote: »
    No thanks. We've enough politicians that make it up as they go along already
    So you don't want an honest politician that will tell the truth....

No wonder the country is fcuked....

You went from trump to honest politician. Was there a series of posts in between that i missed where you started talking about somebody else? Trump is caught out in verifiable lies pretty much every time he speaks.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    In the "Quick reply" box to the right of the photo symbol there's a quote icon. It does it automatically for you.

Thanks SJ but in touch site so have to manually type it. I had the / in the wrong place :)

Poor Margaret’s a bit upset that details of her 3 bed house has been leaked to the media.

HOMELESS mum Margaret Cash - who was forced to sleep in a Garda station withsix of her seven kids last year - is "over the moon" after being told she has a new house.

The 28 year old has been allocated a three bed property but told The Star it is still not a "for-ever home" for her family

Poor old Margaret is still not satisfied

Very predictable

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    HOMELESS mum Margaret Cash - who was forced to sleep in a Garda station withsix of her seven kids last year - is "over the moon" after being told she has a new house.

The 28 year old has been allocated a three bed property but told The Star it is still not a "for-ever home" for her family

Poor old Margaret is still not satisfied

Very predictable

From Facebook

“Bernard Sweeney is with Margaret Elizabeth Cash.
    24 mins ·
    This newspaper has been hounding Margaret Elizabeth Cash non stop and despite the story not been accurately reported, Margaret had asked that "they" (the Star newspaper) not to print anything about the story until she knew for certain and not to print anything till then. The reporter agreed and then next morning printed inaccurate information and also had called it a "exclusive", Margaret sent her a voicemail as part of the over and back communication and Margaret Cash had clearly stated that she does not want anything printed and the reporter had agreed to it.”

I dunno, she seems pretty happy to have a chat about it here
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/homeless-mum-seven-margaret-cash-13900064

It is definitely another emergency accommodation then , not the permanent house I assumed when it was first reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Any chance you would provide a source for this?

Googled for a bit and nothing is showing up

The closest I'm coming up with is a different John Connors from another site near Carrickmines who was arrested for the assault on the 3 Afghani immigrants.

Ask the locals.
    Ask why locals set up a twenty four hour watch to prevent travellers being moved from the site where the fire happened to a nearby site. The council backed down instead of fircing a temporary sute on the locals.

From Facebook

24 mins ·
    This newspaper has been hounding Margaret Elizabeth Cash non stop and despite the story not been accurately reported, Margaret had asked that "they" (the Star newspaper) not to print anything about the story until she knew for certain and not to print anything till then. The reporter agreed and then next morning printed inaccurate information and also had called it a "exclusive", Margaret sent her a voicemail as part of the over and back communication and Margaret Cash had clearly stated that she does not want anything printed and the reporter had agreed to it.”

I wonder which part is inaccurate?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/homeless-mum-seven-margaret-cash-13900064

It is definitely another emergency accommodation then , not the permanent house I assumed when it was first reported.

"It's still not our forever home but it's a house."

I'm sure that won't be long coming along for Margaret

"It's still a type of emergency accommodation but it's a house, a three-bed house which is what I told the council all along I wanted"

That's the problem,needs vrs wants but ms.cash kept pushing and being the squeaky wheel and the government caved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

From Facebook

24 mins ·

What are the chances Margaret approached them herself with the story.. or how did they just happen to have her phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

What's the deal with travelling folk sharing Facebook accounts? There's a load of, for example, Johnny X Kathleen Connors" or "MikeyLuvsBridgetXXX Ward" type stuff going on. Is it to prevent the womens having a bit of privacy? Mad ****

• Advertisement

What's the deal with travelling folk sharing Facebook accounts? There's a load of, for example, Johnny X Kathleen Connors" or "MikeyLuvsBridgetXXX Ward" type stuff going on. Is it to prevent the womens having a bit of privacy? Mad ****

Its weird alright, not too sure on why myself. Its like something a couple of 15 year olds would do to show how much they "love" each other.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    That's the gist of it , yes. If its supplied by the council they have to ..and provide adequate fire training, and fire stops. As I said all along.
    You and ruraldweller will just have to sort your own ...house out .

Tell me this much.

So the council get these people "free" accommodation OK.

Myself and many more have to work and graft for everything we get.

Who looks after our welfare with regards to fire safety in the home?

It seems like this working thing is a mugs game tbh.

You leech from the taxpayer, get your board paid for and the council are responsible for your upkeep.

Just seems bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,310 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yes, it is to ensure control over women.

Traveller culture is deeply misogynistic, something which many of the liberals ignore.

Women are taken out of school, married off young to close relatives, turned into baby factories and are disproportionately likely to end up in womens' refuges. It is horrific that we tolerate cultural practices like this in modern-day Ireland.

Who looks after our welfare with regards to fire safety in the home?

The building regulations set out for building property?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, it is to ensure control over women.

Traveller culture is deeply misogynistic, something which many of the liberals ignore.

Women are taken out of school, married off young to close relatives, turned into baby factories and are disproportionately likely to end up in womens' refuges. It is horrific that we tolerate cultural practices like this in modern-day Ireland.

Would be nice to see a documentary on this. Not some RTE puff piece but something substantial with interviews with these women who have taken to refuges. Get Louis Theroux over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The last bit of your comment is correct also it shows the woman is "owned" property of.

For somebody who is unhappy with the Star she certainly told them a lot

She even shared this story on her FB

GAFF JOY Homeless mum-of-seven Margaret Cash ‘over the moon’ as she’s to be given house – but says pad is not ‘forever home’

The 28-year-old and her six sons — aged between one and 11 — had to kip on hard chairs at Tallaght Garda Station last August

She told the Irish Star: "I am over the moon.

"It's still a type of emergency accommodation but it's a house, a three-bed house which is what I told the council all along I wanted.

"It's still not our forever home but it's a house.

"But nothing is 100 per cent until I have the keys in my hand.

"It still doesn't seem real and I won't believe it until we are in it.

"It happened before when we got the apartment and then a week later it was taken off us.

"But yes, it's a step closer to our forever proper home."

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3669349/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-over-moon-house/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sick of scum bags been pandered to.

sexmag wrote: »
    The building regulations set out for building property?

Point taken but I don't think anyone would be accountable afterwards if a fire broke out. Would they?

Second hand dwelling and all? What about the people who buy a pre planning regulations building?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Id say her neighbors cant wait for her to move in , who wouldnt love travellers with 7 kids to be living next door to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Gotta love this comment in response to one of the "haterz"

Suzy Mac: I bet he's typing that sat in his mother's box bedroom

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Gotta love this comment in response to one of the "haterz"

Suzy Mac: I bet he's typing that sat in his mother's box bedroom

I like this one

"She's taken in 57k in benefits a year to do as she likes with and has been given a home,sorry 3 bed house which isn't enough but will do for now 🙄 while the rest of us struggle and get up early,make long comutes to and from work, miss time with our family but do it all to support them. Ms. Cash you have a social responsibility to society as do we all,you couldn't afford to have the children you currently have and while I don't doubt you love them, what you have done is wreckless and now the tax payer is paying for you to support your children so they don't go hungry. I can hold my head high to say I work my ass to support the people I love and I would rather that satisfaction over getting a free house and my name in the papers as a martyr sticking it too the government ANYDAY!!!"

Social responsibility to society,great comment but responsibility is not something she takes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I like this one

"She's taken in 57k in benefits a year to do as she likes with and has been given a home,sorry 3 bed house which isn't enough but will do for now �� while the rest of us struggle and get up early,make long comutes to and from work, miss time with our family but do it all to support them. Ms. Cash you have a social responsibility to society as do we all,you couldn't afford to have the children you currently have and while I don't doubt you love them, what you have done is wreckless and now the tax payer is paying for you to support your children so they don't go hungry. I can hold my head high to say I work my ass to support the people I love and I would rather that satisfaction over getting a free house and my name in the papers as a martyr sticking it too the government ANYDAY!!!"

Social responsibility to society,great comment but responsibility is something she takes

Don't you know she's entitled to do all those things you mentioned. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You only have to look at the rant by John Connors on youtube to see the sense of entitlement in that community.

Be prepared to be angry after watching the link below. What a d1ck with an enormous chip on his shoulder.

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/1088122898009731072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

What a numptie?

There was fire extinguishers, why didn't they use them?

THey pushed extra portacabins/caravans onto the site and too close together - they did it, not the council.

"Bottom of the barrel - traveller/working class" Since when did any large part of the traveller community work - to work nowadays you have to be able to read and write and if you don't go to school, you'll never learn.

No personal responsibility at all - though I am surprised that yer man from Pavee Point hasn't been on moaning. Outrageous behavior - they are a waste of space

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

BattleCorp wrote:
    You only have to look at the rant by John Connors on youtube to see the sense of entitlement in that community.

It's nice that John took heed of the findings and then reverted to culture and proceeded to lie. No shock there.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    GAFF JOY Homeless mum-of-seven Margaret Cash ‘over the moon’ as she’s to be given house – but says pad is not ‘forever home’

The 28-year-old and her six sons — aged between one and 11 — had to kip on hard chairs at Tallaght Garda Station last August

I know its a tabloid but that still makes me cringe.
    I like this one

"She's taken in 57k in benefits a year to do as she likes with and has been given a home,sorry 3 bed house which isn't enough but will do for now �� while the rest of us struggle and get up early,make long comutes to and from work, miss time with our family but do it all to support them. Ms. Cash you have a social responsibility to society as do we all,you couldn't afford to have the children you currently have and while I don't doubt you love them, what you have done is wreckless and now the tax payer is paying for you to support your children so they don't go hungry. I can hold my head high to say I work my ass to support the people I love and I would rather that satisfaction over getting a free house and my name in the papers as a martyr sticking it too the government ANYDAY!!!"

Social responsibility to society,great comment but responsibility is something she takes

Excellent. Hope he/she has good CCTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Pity he wasn’t as outraged when some travellers were offered the chance to get out of these kinds of conditions and move into new free houses provided by the council and refused...

A tragedy it was but racist murder it was not. The council did not turn on the chip pan stotious.

Margaret threatening to sue people

Apparently on her husband "like i said hd was inside 4 driving not 4 wat u r accuising him of"

She hasn't replied to the being in Cloverhill for assault charge

"Did he assault someones driving licence? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

2n9icci.jpg

James T isnt wrong about sewing up the
    Cash-gash

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement