Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your 2014 disciplinary record?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Two yellow and one red. I am childish, trollish and I attack posters not posts :D They seem to be all on roughly the same date each month.... bizzare :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Would it not be better to re-register rather than keep that record?

Why? It's not like it actually matters. We're hardly going to be boasting about zero infractions on a CV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

One infraction.
    One infraction - reversed after appeal.
    One warning - reversed by mod without having to ask.

So two red cards and a one yellow, with one red and one yellow rescinded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

Personally, (punish me you gits!) I think you'd need to be some sort of diplomatic drone of an idiot not to get infracted on this website.

I like having a ****ing opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I was here for 14 years before I got an infraction. But then I had a mid life crisis.

I was here for 14 years before I got an infraction. But then I had a mid life crisis.

Did you go mental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

To be fair, you never topped Rumblefish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Warnings: 0
    Infractions: 0
    Bans: 0
    Sclosages wrote:
    Personally, (punish me you gits!) I think you'd need to be some sort of diplomatic drone of an idiot not to get infracted on this website.

It's easy to avoid. Just don't participate in any argumentative threads beyond the first two or three pages - after which point, nothing original is ever said anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Sclosages wrote: »

The inverse is actually true. With a bit of subtlety and intelligence, It's easy to engage people in all ways and even take them down without having to resort to extra - charter stuff (not that I haven't been infractted before, mind you ).

Racking up a big list of cards and bans is just mugging yourself, to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Here: 0, 0, and 0. Innocent like the juice.

Work: 2 first verbal warnings, 1 written warning, 1 final written warning and a commendation for effort above and beyond (None of them related to each-other in any way) .

Adverts: 5 positive, 1 negative, 0 neutral.

Eircom (Don't judge me! I have no other options! Can't even go mobile in my home location): 2 warnings for songs from bands I'd never heard of until accused.

Resolutions: 80% Broken within the first week of January. 20% still good. A personal best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Got great handspankings off the girlfriend on .. Oh not that disciplinary record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I need a calculator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Do ye 0's get splinters???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

efb wrote: »
    Do ye 0's get splinters???

Not at all.

I don't even argue with my wife - well almost never.

Going for a last 2014 splurge?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Squeaky clean record since I joined. What do I win?! :pac:

woodchuck wrote: »
    Squeaky clean record since I joined. What do I win?! :pac:

You'll be a Mod someday soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I was given responsibility. Those fools! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kovu wrote: »
    I was given responsibility. Those fools! :D

Yeah, I believe Foresting and Forestry is an absolute death trap for infractions..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You'll be a Mod someday soon.

That sounds more like a punishment than a reward :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That sounds more like a punishment than a reward :/

Clearly, you've never seen the executive Mod restroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Yeah, I believe Foresting and Forestry is an absolute death trap for infractions..?

You would be surprised they all up in a huff and mad in there during the silage season :L

Clearly, you've never seen the executive Mod restroom?

Do they have a jacuzzi? :pac:

Do they have a jacuzzi? :pac:

A champagne filled-one, yes. Where do you think all that suscription money goes? Extra servers? Hah! Don;t need extra servers if you have a cull on memebers every now and again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Got my first infraction this week, however i have been here before (2012-2014) under a different name and wasn't exactly an angel then either

A champagne filled-one, yes. Where do you think all that suscription money goes? Extra servers? Hah! Don;t need extra servers if you have a cull on memebers every now and again!

Can I just be a mod for a week to have a shot at the jacuzzi so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Wilberto wrote: »
    Nothing! Squeaky clean since day one. I'm just too nice for my own good.

What happened on day one? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

9 warnings
    8 infractions
    4 bans

The mods were wrong in all cases, I was set up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Can I just be a mod for a week to have a shot at the jacuzzi so :pac:

Once you're in there's no getting out.
    I'm not even joking.

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm not even joking.

How does one become a mod?

• Advertisement

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm not even joking.

have you tried some butter or oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Got a yellow card during one of the Classico's earlier in the year.

Neither Pepe nor Cesc were booked for their roles in the incident.

KC161 wrote: »
    How does one become a mod?

They are specially chosen by Jesus.

But if you ask you definately don't get.

So sorry but you've just blown it.

Sadly your above post will follow you around like a black ball:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

For this year, if I count correctly (can't see everything from old accounts):
    1 infraction (plus another, reversed)
    1 siteban, under really odd/confusing circumstances, reversed.
    1 ban, from Political Theory, for saying economic/political theory intersect.
    2 warnings.

They are specially chosen by Jesus.

But if you ask you definately don't get.

So sorry but you've just blown it.

Sadly your above post will follow you around like a black ball:)

Won't be around or be able to behave long enough for the Lord jesus christ to choose my good self, lets hope this post also follows me like a black ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not too bad, one yellow (admitting to trolling), one red (insult)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,773 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Got a couple of warnings ages ago, nothing this year. Haven't issued any either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

1 warning for criticising Islam - I suppose I got off lightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Do they ever give an amnesty for disciplinary violations?

I got unbanned before in exchange for detailing a site vulnerability if that counts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,605 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I've been a good boy - only one red in the last 26 months, and that red for telling a poster I wouldn't expend more effort on the thread answering their questions than they had asking them.

I must admit, since then I've mirrored that poster several times by imitating their one-liner-question-ignore-the-response style back to them but remarkably they *keep* falling for it. Apparently they genuinely think that's a discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,605 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Rezident wrote: »
    1 warning for criticising Islam - I suppose I got off lightly!

Some mods can lose the head when it comes to that sort of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

1 siteban,
    Few month and week long forum bans.

All in all a good year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm gonna get pissed later and come in here and ban everyone who said they have a clean record.
    Happy New Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I'm gonna get pissed later and come in here and ban everyone who said they have a clean record.
    Happy New Year.

Ach rats.
    So that gives me, what, 5 hours to go on the rampage in here and troll the bejaysus out of the place?

I want to earn that ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I have an immaculate record.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

An infraction that was reversed and I was banned from the Android forum for a few days for posting links to free streaming apps.

Not too bad I think given the number of posts I've here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

I've had three accounts completely blocked after I tried to get a discussion going on female masturbation (I'm female and honestly want to know whether other females masturbate). Mods of course assumed I'm a male troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

ewinslet wrote: »
    I've had three accounts completely blocked after I tried to get a discussion going on female masturbation (I'm female and honestly want to know whether other females masturbate). Mods of course assumed I'm a male troll.

I'm not a male troll either nobody ever believes me though :-(

Seriously though three accounts? you know there is a whole internet full of much more "liberal" forums and a subscriber only sex forum (that i have been reliably informed is absolutely dead)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

I'm not a male troll either nobody ever believes me though :-(

Seriously though three accounts? you know there is a whole internet full of much more "liberal" forums and a subscriber only sex forum (that i have been reliably informed is absolutely dead)

Can you give me some links to forums where there proper discussions on this subject? Anything I've found is full of trolls and just a huge waste of time.

I really wanted to set up the equivalent of a NOFAP challenge for women here on AH and it was immediately shot down by the mods, while there was a male NOFAP challenge thread going for weeks and the mods did nothing about it. I am really interested in the science to do with masturbation and whether going without masturbation affects women the same way it affects men.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

No bans, infractions or warnings for me yet. The closest thing I've experienced was a post of mine being deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement