Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Occular migraine , and always the same eye/side affected .

Horrible, horrible thing. You have my sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Had a lady stop to allow me to cross the road earlier. Nice gesture and all, but I was already stepping out into the road to cross as she was the last car before it was clear. Because she stopped I had to hesitate to see wtf she was doing, then hurry across. All in all I'd have preferred she kept going! :)

Shortly after that I came to a roundabout with a car already on it, and though it was coming from the opposite side and had no right indicator on I stopped. Which was a good thing, because she took the third exit without indicating once. As did the four cars behind her. FFS people - the lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

madmaggie wrote: »
    Horrible, horrible thing. You have my sympathy.

At least the sparkling , shimmering aura has gone now thankfully , just the residual headache left , that I can cope with .
    Sorry you and others suffer with them too .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Occular migraine , and always the same eye/side affected .

My sympathy Mam . I get them too and each time I think I am going blind . It’s horrible .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Are these migraines a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I did something to my knee today at work.

I had a noticeable limp when leaving to go to the car.
    Yet people still walked right up to me as if I was going to somehow get out of the way.

1. I can't
    2. Look where you're going
    3. I'm 18 stone - you won't move me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Had a lady stop to allow me to cross the road earlier. Nice gesture and all, but I was already stepping out into the road to cross as she was the last car before it was clear. Because she stopped I had to hesitate to see wtf she was doing, then hurry across. All in all I'd have preferred she kept going! :)

Shortly after that I came to a roundabout with a car already on it, and though it was coming from the opposite side and had no right indicator on I stopped. Which was a good thing, because she took the third exit without indicating once. As did the four cars behind her. FFS people - the lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to....

I was just thinking earlier does anyone else get annoyed when someone else stops to let them cross the road because then you feel like you have to hurry and they'll see your stupid run and your belly wobbling. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I was just thinking earlier does anyone else get annoyed when someone else stops to let them cross the road because then you feel like you have to hurry and they'll see your stupid run and your belly wobbling. :D:D:D

And the fear of tripping and face-planting yourself to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Mind yourself mam, I hope you’re feeling better x

I’m annoyed that I’m tired, but also too comfortable to move to go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

In the checkout queue in Aldi. Person behind keeps bumping into me. Won't make the people ahead of me go faster love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

achmairt wrote: »
    Dermot Bannon is everywhere. I don't watch his boring programmes but then he pops up on adverts about anything and everything. Can't stand him...

I've no problem with him, but he is Everywhere!

The last day before the broadcast moratorium on the election, and we have Prime Time & Prime Time Extra separated for an hour by Dermot Bannon's Deadly Gafs or whatever it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People trying to define, label and neatly box me as quickly as possible.

An example: I laughed at something and the other person immediately concluded "slapstick is your humour, so".

Actually I like a wide variety of comedy, especially jokes that make you think.

I drank my tea weak and milky years ago during a bout of nausea, and someone keeps informing me I like weak, milky tea. I did once, am I now stuck with it forever? What is wrong with some peoples brains that they automatically seek to reduce and limit me to a few narrow labels...the worst being, because I was quiet for a little while mainly because the person was behaving oddly and I was unnerved, they slapped the label.'shy' on me. I'm anything but. I pointed out that was early on and for a brief time. They conceded "you opened up a lot but at the start". So....the entirety of my dealings with you are ignored because of fifteen minutes of being uneasily subdued around you, you great hairy weirdo ape?

Oh another one. I went to a party ONCE so now any time I mention I'm going out they assume I'm going to a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Had my most recent colposcopy & laser treatment to remove pre-cancerous cervical cells at the start of September and still haven’t gotten my results back.
    In my 3 years attending this clinic, this is the longest that I’ve had to wait.
    I’ve rang a few times for updates but apparently there’s a huge backlog and they can’t even tell me if my biopsies have been assessed yet, let alone when I’ll have an answer.

TA that I’m now worried the sample will have gone out of date before testing and the result won’t be accurate, and I have no way of knowing.
    Why can’t these serious matters be dealt with in a timely manner. A person could become terminally ill in the 5 months I’ve been waiting.
    I pity the next election campaigner that calls to my door because they’ll be hearing all about this. I can’t even sleep for worrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is Liverpool have played 25 games and have 73 points.
    Almost a perfect season so far apart from that blip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Euronet ATM machines that have replaced the Ulster Bank and Bank of Ireland ones in most shops. Between choosing a language, entering your PIN number and then manually entering the sum of money you want to withdraw (€20 isn't one of the default options, for some reason) and accepting/declining a receipt, you have to press a total of thirteen buttons to make a single withdrawal. And then it tells you to take your money a whole ten seconds before dispensing it.

Sick of it, tbh. Whoever said life was easy, they haven't got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

At least the sparkling , shimmering aura has gone now thankfully , just the residual headache left , that I can cope with .
    Sorry you and others suffer with them too .
    am so sorry you are affected by them mam :( the waves and blindspots are scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

TA at having to attend meetings about meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Every time there's a vote, RTE dust off the same old article they use to tell us that "Islanders are the first to vote". Who cares? This is not news. It happens every time. We get it. They live remotely, the ballot box is sent over a day early etc. Go away with your stupid non news story.

I'm not a morning person and will usually not talk to anyone except my dog until I hit work which suits me fine. I need time to emerge from myself in the morning. When my parents are here they feckin bounce around the place being nice but actually just annoying me. They'll make my breakfast and I have to eat with them. They'll touch my toast by taking it out of the toaster (and I've already a TA about people who dont wash their hands and face upon rising) and all the questions and chat is like an onslaught. I can feel myself physically reconciling from the effort of interaction and it exhausts me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm not a morning person and will usually not talk to anyone except my dog until I hit work which suits me fine. I need time to emerge from myself in the morning. When my parents are here they feckin bounce around the place being nice but actually just annoying me. They'll make my breakfast and I have to eat with them. They'll touch my toast by taking it out of the toaster (and I've already a TA about people who dont wash their hands and face upon rising) and all the questions and chat is like an onslaught. I can feel myself physically reconciling from the effort of interaction and it exhausts me.

That's okay buddy... you're just an a$$hat!!

Plenty of them around in this life. Don't beat yourself up about it too much! :p

There is no such thing as a "morning person". Everybody is tired first thing in the morning. Some people just make zero effort to be nice to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA that election flyers have my address on them. I never put anything with an address on in the bin so I have to tear it off of each of them and throw it on the fire.

TA, Srameen is gone. I enjoyed his posts and maybe am gullible but I took him at his word.. I think he was genuine. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TA that I have to resist the urge to get involved in a pointless argument, when the person you question deliberately misunderstands what point you are trying to make, just so they can spout off again.

Must ignore..........must ignore.........resist the urge.........be the better person......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Rubberlegs wrote: »

TA, Srameen is gone. I enjoyed his posts and maybe am gullible but I took him at his word.. I think he was genuine. :(:(

Could you point me towards further info? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Just deleted some posts discussing politics, keep that out of here thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

On my epic return journey to collect my car.

Will be over 1k lighter by the end of it.

Just looked at my coat and looks like a bird pooped while I was waiting to board the bus... At least I feckin hope it's bird poop "vomit"

On my epic return journey to collect my car.

Will be over 1k lighter by the end of it.

Just looked at my coat and looks like a bird pooped while I was waiting to board the bus... At least I feckin hope it's bird poop "vomit"

TA took me far too long to realise this was 1k in euro as opposed to a kilo. Wake up wake up wake up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Two months ago I realised that €165 was taken out of my bank account in error by eir.

After speaking to four or five "customer service" agents I was eventually told that they accepted it was an error on their part due to the fact that they'd taken another customer's bill out of my bank account! (Some of the agents were very polite and helpful, others made me feel as though I was a dick for wasting their time!)

Obviously, I expected the €165 to be refunded as quickly as possible, but I'm still waiting so I gave them a call again today. I've always been friendly and polite with anyone I've ever had to deal with - they are doing a job and don't deserve abuse for doing it, although at times this has left me feeling very frustrated.

So today I spoke with a really lovely agent. I had to go through the whole story from start to finish, then wait on hold for 10 minutes, and then she told me that there appears to have been some kind of fraudulent activity on my account :eek:

Now, and only now, has this been reported to their Fraud Team. I've been promised a phone call or an email back later today or Monday to let me know what's happening (I won't hold my breath).

Why oh why did it take eir so long to do this when it was first reported two months ago?

My TA is not specifically aimed at eir, it's all these type of companies who are happy to take your money, but when it comes to dealing with your problems start to give you the runaround in the hope that you'll eventually give up.

[QUOTE=Ragnar Lothbrok;112471400

My TA is not specifically aimed at eir, it's all these type of companies who are happy to take your money, but when it comes to dealing with your problems start to give you the runaround in the hope that you'll eventually give up.[/QUOTE]

This. And TA just in general how money can be debited from your account straight away but if a refund is due it takes forever.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

The elastic in the waist band of my boxers has loosened somewhat, and now my underwear is falling down inside my trousers as I walk about.
    Every now and then I have to find a quiet spot and put my hand down inside to pull them back up again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you're simultaneusly giddy and grumpy. Must be the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Could you point me towards further info? :confused:

I saw it on the "what boardsies would you bring back thread" :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement