Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm
    Newport 19 degrees
    Mace head 19 degrees
    Belmullet 18 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wet damp afternoon here. Such a contrast to the last few days. Pity but can’t really complain considering the glorious few days we had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

My nose tells me we are going to have a summer better than many but not as good as some.

My dogs tell me that we won`t have a proper summer at all this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a mostly cloudy but chilly day here in Meath, some brief glimses of hazy sunshine but breezy at times, temperature currently 12C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

In the West April borrows from August every year leaving Summer in Debt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks lovely and warm in the far west. That south-easterly wind really holding temperatures well back across much of Leinster and Munster, single digits in places and low teens in most others.

A fairly chilly and slightly unsettled weekend to come. A raw day tomorrow across much of Leinster with rain at times and temperatures struggling to get much above 7 or 8C.

30-580UK.GIF?17-6

next week will be fairly similar to this week, mostly dry and settled, mild in the west and chilly in the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

rotten day in cork city. wet since afternoon really and chilly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its a beautiful evening here in Castlebar. 18 degrees with nice sunshine and just a light easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Beautiful starry nights this week with a very bright Venus in the sky. Glad to have nice weather during this unprecedented time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A lovely warm spring day here, again. A brief setback for some over the weekend, before it settles down again, hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Temp ranges are crazy across the country! We've the fire lit and all down here in Cork :)

Temp ranges are crazy across the country! We've the fire lit and all down here in Cork :)

fire lit here in Meath too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate rain in Kildare with very big drops. Nice to hear it against the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Another captivating sunset in the west earlier on. We have had some beautiful evenings here throughout the week and lovely night skies as Carol25 mentioned earlier. Given current events, I appreciate these moments more than ever. Below a few snaps from this part of Mayo taken over the past few evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Shocked to look at the radar and see rain down the country! Not a cloud in the sky again up here today, been another stunning week and with the increasingly later sunsets I can get a good hour of nice warm sun in the garden after work every evening now.

Easily the best spell of weather since summer 2018 at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Shocked to look at the radar and see rain down the country! Not a cloud in the sky again up here today, been another stunning week and with the increasingly later sunsets I can get a good hour of nice warm sun in the garden after work every evening now.

Easily the best spell of weather since summer 2018 at this stage :)

Went for a run in Cork at 6.30pm last night. I wore two layers but was soon sorry I didn't bring a hat too. Freezing rain and horrible cold wind. You could see your breath the whole time (which as an aside did spread out quickly - you do need that full 2m to be safe!)

Damp dull drizzly cool morning unfortunately here this morning.

cold, cloudy and damp morning here in Meath,Temperature currently 7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another stunning morning here with deep blue cloudless skies :)

Another stunning morning here with deep blue cloudless skies :)

Enjoy it Donegal nobody would begrudge it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The cloud cover looks to be clearing further south. It could be a nice evening yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Damp start in Waterford, much needed it should be said. Brightened a little as the cloud has lifted a fraction. Chilly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Looks great for the foreseeable future. Dull today in Dublin but still a lovely day as no persistent blustery winds, which we seemed to have for 6 months or so until recently.
    I think it would all be far worse if we had poor weather at the moment, so I'm grateful.

Looks great for the foreseeable future. Dull today in Dublin but still a lovely day as no persistent blustery winds, which we seemed to have for 6 months or so until recently.
    I think it would all be far worse if we had poor weather at the moment, so I'm grateful.

totally agree. The past 2 to 3 weeks has generally been great walking weather. I make sure to get my 2 km radius each and every day. Badly needed as well as my walking really suffered between mid September and early March.

I can see a bit of jet stream conveyor heading our way on the GFS albeit just in F1 territory hopefully it'll be a false alarm.

Brrr it was cold in Drogheda but totally dry. I was wishing for some rain , thought forecast was for rain this weekend? I badly need it in the garden as I'm watering all my seedlings and bulbs already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yea we had very little rain in Dublin. Forecast for yesterday evening but never came. Must have rained a small bit overnight as could see outdoor table was wet but ground already dry by morning.

I thought it was a grand day in Dublin. Obviously colder than it has been but no wind so I never feel too cold out walking when that's the case. I hate the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Raining here now Maggie so maybe it's on it's way to you aswell.

Dull damp drizzly cool morning again here. Pity for those of us who were working all week that we got no chance to properly enjoy the sun.

• Advertisement

Oh look someone bragging they still have a job.

Advertisement