Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Have Moro Bars Gone?

Options
  • 10-02-2016 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Is there any Moro bars for sale anymore?. Have I missed a recall? Has production been sent abroad like our beloved Pink Snack (even after Cadbury the bastages reduced it from 3 fingers to 2).

Anyhoo an American buddy of mine was here on holiday last week and when he was here last took a fancy to Moro Bars. It was only when he said he couldn't find any that I realised I couldn't either. What's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They're stall around, just the packaging is sh1t now compared to what it was. I'm just glad the Star bars didn't replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

I'm pretty sure they were renamed Star Bar (but with biscuit and blue wrapper) as a sister bar to the existing peanut Star Bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

They call them Boost now I believe.

Which reminds me, are those double deckers still around? God I loved those bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Can still get moro bars as I had one today. Shiny blue wrapper with MORO written in shiny gold/silver letters.

Yes it was in date and bought in a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

mmnnn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

sugarman wrote: »
    They rebranded as Boost bars, as thats what they were always called in the rest of the world.
    They call them Boost now I believe.

Which reminds me, are those double deckers still around? God I loved those bars.
    Ah yes, sorry - Boost, not Star Bar. And the existing Boost was in a red wrapper with coconut... Moro than became an addition to the Boost family, with blue wrapper and biscuit.

Yeah you can still get Double Deckers, including double Double Deckers (two medium sized bars in one pack). Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You can still get them in the Euro stores as far as I know, well, the ones in Galway anyway, Boosts too, a very similar sugary choco feast.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

All chocolate bars have shrunk, it's scientific fact.

Unfortunately Moro bars have shrunk at a greater rate than Milky Ways, Galaxys or Star Bars.

Nowadays they only exist at the quantum level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I nearly had a panic attack there thinking that Moros had been phased out. It's my favourite bar but I haven't had one in a while. This has been the wake-up call needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

All chocolate bars have shrunk, it's scientific fact.

Unfortunately Moro bars have shrunk at a greater rate than Milky Ways, Galaxys or Star Bars.

Nowadays they only exist at the quantum level.

I think we've all gotten bigger dude, or else you found the pick n' mix :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think we've all gotten bigger dude, or else you found the pick n' mix :P

Unfortunately it's actually happening :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/quality-street-isnt-only-chocolate-5084729

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

A close second to Snickers, the Moro was always a favourite of mine!

Speaking of bars getting smaller, the Pink Snack going from 3 fingers down to 2 was the lowest point of the downsizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think there is a difference in taste between the boost and moro bars...

PS - I know it isn't specifically related to the original complaint, but the disappearance of Jersey Creams in their original form is a national disgrace. A DISGRACE I tell you!

I think there is a difference in taste between the boost and moro bars...

PS - I know it isn't specifically related to the original complaint, but the disappearance of Jersey Creams in their original form is a national disgrace. A DISGRACE I tell you!

Speaking of bars getting smaller, the Pink Snack going from 3 fingers down to 2 was the lowest point of the downsizing.

Going from 3 fingers to 2 can often be disappointing.

Fcuking love me a starbar so I do.

Original Boost bars were one of most unbelievably unbelievable thing going. Then they ruined them. They they brought out moro coconut which were sexy as hell. Then they got rid of them. Bastards.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Ah, the only thing that made those snacks better than timeout were the number of fingers. 2v2 it's timeout all the way. snacks are too wafery and not choclately enough.

Fcuking love me a starbar so I do.

Original Boost bars were one of most unbelievably unbelievable thing going. Then they ruined them. They they brought out moro coconut which were sexy as hell. Then they got rid of them. Bastards.

:p:p:p

Well in terms of double entendres, the line "a finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat.." wins IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I love a Moro, the scarceness of them just makes them more special.

Purple Snacks are the ones that mystify me. They're lovely, but suffering' Jesus they're expensive. Over 3 euro for a 6 pack, and they're tiny! Compared to other Cadbury stuff they're way overpriced. But sometimes you just want a Purple snack and nothing else will do - they have us by the balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Moro was my go-to bar when I was a little one. Filled ya right up. Is the Boost bar supposed to be the exact same or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Leave the Moro in the fridge for an hour or two, defo get your money's worth then......sore jaw syndrome too but totally worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Must. Resist. Temptation. To. Post. Filthy. Response....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

They were always the poor man's star bars anyway. Even though they were more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I remember when Snickers were calledMarathon.

What happened to Lion bars? They just don't taste the same anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

All the chocolate I used to love when I was little seems to be gone to the dogs these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Crumpets wrote: »
    All the chocolate I used to love when I was little seems to be gone to the dogs these days :(

Chocolate is bad for dogs.

:mad:

Crumpets wrote: »

Oh you shouldn't give chocolate to dogs, it's bad for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I emailed Cadbury last year about Moros and they said they were being discontinued and being replaced with Boosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Moro's used to be called Nunch and Nudge after that for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The Moro was a poor substitute for its predecessor, the Nunch bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Cadbury Moro/Boost bar are currently running a promotion/competition with the Irish rugby team which find incredibly ironic and inappropriate.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tournaments/34844.php#.Vrs2efKLSUk

Then again they did promotions with subway too.

Advertisement