Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What chore do you hate?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I fcuking hate emptying the dishwasher! I'd rather wash and dry the dishes myself than have to take them out of that fcuking machine!!!

I initially would have said the same, but I recently bought my own gaff that didn't have a dishwasher so I had to wash things by hand for 2 months.
    I'll never complain about emptying it again.

For me it's changing the duvet, especially in these months where it's the winter tog that's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Emptying the washing machine (hanging stuff up) ive actually on occasion washed things three times rather than taking the 7 minutes it would take to hang stuff up after the washing machine stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

You need to set up your kitchen around the dishwasher. I can empty the whole thing without moving my feet, except for lunch boxes and serving bowls. They wouldn't be in it too often though. Makes it much easier. I walked miles emptying it when I lived at home so wasn't making the same mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Changing the duvet. I hate it with a passion. It's king size and I'm just too small to do it on my own.
    Also agree with all the anti ironing people. I don't iron anything anymore.
    My mother irons underwear, pyjamas, towels and even dusters! Get a life ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

The fecking bed sheets. I was only thinking this evening after flapping around with a king size duvet cover for 15 minutes how much I despise doing it. I would gladly do anything else but the sheets. And don't get me started on the actual duvet not quite filling the duvet cover,leaving me with flappy empty corners. It's unnatural how much it infuriates me. Pure rage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Love cooking big meals, abhor doing dishes (no dishwasher)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Trying to dry clothes in a house with no tumble-dryer during winter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Scrubbing skid marks off side of loo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dusting the tv and electrical things. so bloody annoying and the dust is back on them mins after. :mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    dusting the tv and electrical things. so bloody annoying and the dust is back on them mins after. :mad::mad::mad:

Your house is filthy for some reason. Have you animals living in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    Your house is filthy for some reason. Have you animals living in it?

no its just a very dusty room

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hanging the clothes out on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Cutting the grass. Don't have a lawn anymore but I'm never doing it again if I can help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't get the ironing hate, I kind of enjoy it. :o I also enjoy cleaning the bathroom which seems a bit odd. I just like it to be very clean.

Hate hate haaaate washing up. Can't wait to move into a house with a dishwasher. Not a big fan of changing bedclothes, because I'm fairly crap at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Not household related but shaving, no matter how hard I try there are always little hairs left everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Washing up the dishes. Absolutely loathe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I have found a great way of getting those chores I don't like done. I hold twice weekly ocd support groups in my house.....not because I have it but the house is always gleaming afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Emptying the dishwasher and laundry.
    Every time I go to put something in the dryer there is a load there waiting to be folded and put away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I find shaving a chore but I hate too much stubble too. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cleaning the house in General. Tis why we now have a cleaner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

not a chore so much, but i really really really hate buying cooking oil for some reason. Like, when it runs out I get unreasonably angry for some reason. And when I have to buy a new one, it makes me even more angry. I don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Cleaning windows. Feckin squeaky streaky bsatards! Nothing to see out there anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Only time I iron is for court or interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ironing. Christ I hate ironing.

If i had a choice between ironing and being shot to death, I'm not sure which I'd go for.

But it wouldn't be ironing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I can't stand hoovering, sweeping/washing the floors and cleaning the bathroom.

Don't mind the other chores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Can't stand ironing, thankfully himself does not mind it too much, so does the ironing for the family.

Emptying the dishwasher, i bribe the children with anything to empty it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I hate them all but I reserve the most scorn for sweeping the floors.
    Christ on a cracker, it's tedious enough on it's own but my mother has a habit of yelling at me to "do it the right way". Ehm, what?
    I also hate emptying the dishwasher but I'd gladly choose that over sweeping.

Advertisement