Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What chore do you hate?

Options
  • 08-02-2016 1:57am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there a particular household chore that you detest? I love hoovering but I loathe ironing. I see ironing as a drudge.

So what chore do you hate doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

HATE ironing so much that I just don't do it! unless its as wrinkled as a hens hole its not getting done. hate doing the floors also. tbh I hate every aspect of cleaning. how the fcuk do cleaners do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'd sell my first born to never have to iron again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The sound of the hoover could be the most annoying thing in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

I don't mind ironing. Don't love it, but the chore I really detest is sweeping the kitchen and bathroom tiles. Sometimes I just hoover the ****ers. Actually I hoover everywhere really - counter-tops, window-sills, top of the wardrobes, inside cupboards, then wipe them down. No other way seems as effective to get rid of dust and gritty bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I fcuking hate emptying the dishwasher! I'd rather wash and dry the dishes myself than have to take them out of that fcuking machine!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

I fcuking hate emptying the dishwasher! I'd rather wash and dry the dishes myself than have to take them out of that fcuking machine!!!
    Well la-dee-da with your dishwasher! Why don't you **** em into the bath like everyone else does! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I don't do bins, that's my husbands job. I'll do everything else, just don’t ask me to take the bins out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

I hate the hoover *almost* as much as the dog does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

As a fellow said to me once" Get a second dishwasher. Take the clean stuff out as you need it. Put the dirty ware in the other one and fill away. That way you can do away with some presses for holding ware as well."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

libelula wrote: »
    I hate the hoover *almost* as much as the dog does.

Our dogs hates the hoover as well.

Must be a thing with all dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I love the sound of the hoover :O.

I hate washing the floors, windows, changing the beds and ironing. The rest I can live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

Washing the bath. I hate, and I mean hate washing the bath.

On the other hand I love ironing. Bit of sport on the TV, few beers and I'll iron for hours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Cleaning the hairs out of the shower plughole after having guests staying over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

i hate putting clothes away after washing them. The bane of my life! Any other cleaning I don't mind and I don't iron except for the rare occasion something needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I hate it all really, but I hate hoovering the most. Even taking the hoover out from where we keep it is too much effort. (And it's really not that much effort!) My husband it better at it so he usually does it, but at the moment he can't so I have to suck it up and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don't get all the hate for ironing? I love ironing and seeing my clothes go flat...

And I just realised how sad that sounds out loud :o

Vacuuming, could someone please invent a vacuum cleaner that sucks up dust silently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Yep, I hate ironing too. Doesn't help that I'm useless at it. I take aaaaaaages and even then it's still not right. I swear I'd probably struggle to iron a tie and not fück it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adorable

Cleaning the bathroom (toilets, bathtubs, showers). Words can't describe how much I despise it. I cringe just thinking about it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I hate 'tidying up', i don't mind cleaning but I hate tidying things to where they are supposed to be.

I'm getting ready to move at the minute and i did one room there yesterday, tidying and throwing stuff away. So annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Clearing the ashes from the fireplace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Does going to work count as a chore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Another one for the ironing hatred here.

That's why they call me Crumpled Joe.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hanging out washing. Takes too long to space it all out properly. There's no quick way of doing it.

Dusting. Especially when you have to dust properly and lift all the shíte off the shelf before you dust.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Definitely ironing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Cleaning the bathroom......ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hate it all really, I don't own an iron or hoover, I throw out dishes all the time because they'd be in the sink too long. I Live alone and am nearly 30

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hanging out washing. Takes too long to space it all out properly. There's no quick way of doing it.

Dusting. Especially when you have to dust properly and lift all the shíte off the shelf before you dust.
    Oh I LOVE hanging out washing (when it's actually outside, that is!).

Can tolerate ironing if it's in front of the fire and the telly or some good music. Unfortunately my ironing apparatus lives upstairs in the spare room, so I just don't do it unless I absolutely have to.

Hate all the rest of it - life is FAR too short - so I pay someone else to do it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't mind ironing, put the TV on and away I go.

I also use one of those super duper Steam Generators that means you only need to iron one side of trousers and shirt sleeves so it really speeds it up.

Hoovering is what I can't stand mainly due to the noise. Why can't they make them quieter.

Advertisement