Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Good old fashioned hard heavy rain beating a tattoo on the windows..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

After a frosty bright start it turned into a stunner of a day here in Kerry with blue skies dotted with well spaced fair weather clouds and a lighter breeze today making it feel quite pleasant. Did well here from being close to the center of the Hp. Got up to 9.8C. Rh down to 56%.

Broke up tonight from working all day in the garden :) . Anybody see the new series on RTE tonight about the Burren, went through all the seasons, the Spring flowers were spectacular, well worth watching.

1ADVfcR.png?1

poKXKty.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Are there more northerly winds than normal this year? from cycling perspective It's good in one way that I normally head south an uphill but it makes the return downhill almost painful, and within 20min today went from nice April sun to being snowed on, I know it should be warming up in a matter of weeks but still

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chilly start again but the wind died on it's arse and the sun is quite strong now so was a lovely afternoon. Looks like we have HP for company for the next 10 days. :) So very little rain away from the NW coastal zone by the looks of it.

Utterly lovely glorious spring day.. Magical. Enchanting! Bliss!

Kindly, benevolent air and warm bright sun. The air is moving oh so gently. A caress on the skin.

Ocean calm.

Sheer enchantment! Love it!

And so quiet. Not a sound .except the skylark way up on high, carolling heaven itself. JOY! JOY! JOY!

Al is so much easier when the sun shines and the air shimmers with warmth.

Bliss!

west mayo offshore

• Advertisement

Heavy rain shower here in Arklow
    The barometer is 1030.8Mb yet we have a rain rate of 5.6mm/hr atm

Heavy rain shower here in Arklow
    The barometer is 1030.8Mb yet we have a rain rate of 5.6mm/hr atm

The shower dropped 3mm in about 25 mins,peak rate 16mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Showery dull at times afternoon quite chilly too. Hopefully things pick up temps wise soon. I know people here would seem to think that bad weather now equals a better chance of decent summer but I’m not so sure. I’d take good weather anytime we can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

One of the highest rain rates I've recorded here (earlier today) this year so far and this with a pressure reading of 1030hPa at the time!

pCr5OGg.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Graces7 wrote: »
    Utterly lovely glorious spring day.. Magical. Enchanting! Bliss!

Kindly, benevolent air and warm bright sun. The air is moving oh so gently. A caress on the skin.

Ocean calm.

Sheer enchantment! Love it!

And so quiet. Not a sound .except the skylark way up on high, carolling heaven itself. JOY! JOY! JOY!

Al is so much easier when the sun shines and the air shimmers with warmth.

Bliss!

west mayo offshore

Clear your dm folder please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

First meaningful rain shower this evening in what feels like ages!

South Laois.

Danno wrote: »
    First meaningful rain shower this evening in what feels like ages!

South Laois.

Had a 2nd sharp shower here bringing the total for the day to 4.2mm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Managed to dodge many of the heaviest of the showers today but this evening a very thundery looking cell passed close by with a beautiful shelf cloud rolling in.

B74-DB813-5-A43-42-C4-8-EA3-BAD8-F2-E4-E2-C5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

Amazing photo! Some snow up in the Wicklow mountains yesterday, was a beautiful crisp wintry day up there (probably the last one for a while).

pad199207 wrote: »
    Managed to dodge many of the heaviest of the showers today but this evening a very thundery looking cell passed close by with a beautiful shelf cloud rolling in.

B74-DB813-5-A43-42-C4-8-EA3-BAD8-F2-E4-E2-C5.jpg

It looks like a backside :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A really lovely bright and calm spring morning. There was a decent enough frost here overnight.
    I am personally glad that cold northerly wind is gone also.
    Central Mayo.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 surveybeacon

Well, I have big plans for this summerr. Hope the pandemic wont spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Repeat of last year on the cards?, certainly looking like it - https://twitter.com/MattHugo81/status/1381875482665353216?s=20
    Pray for our summer.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Supercell wrote: »
    Pray for our summer.

Indeed. I now worry about our summer when April & May turn out to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Storm 10

esposito wrote: »

Rain according to ME at the weekend turning more unsettled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

It's been a miserable cold and wet spring around here so far, feel like I'm in a different country reading a lot of the reports on here over the past few weeks. Heavy rain all day yesterday and lots of heavy showers again today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

It's been a miserable cold and wet spring around here so far, feel like I'm in a different country reading a lot of the reports on here over the past few weeks. Heavy rain all day yesterday and lots of heavy showers again today

That's a shame Donegal Storm. Been a very good spell in Kerry if somewhat cool at times, Take it over the wet any day. Just 11.6mm so far this month and most falling in the dark hours. Fortunate for having an amazingly good day here in Kerry, frosty clear start getting down to 0.1C and got up to very pleasant 15.9C at my site but that would be a bit higher than nearest official stations, garden getting a bit sheltered now, was outside this evening and 10C around 19.30, cooler again atm and calm at 5.9C.

NASA EOSDIS today.

EuLusFU.png?1

3P3gN4P.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

esposito wrote: »

Just make sure you enjoy April and May! Embrace the light! Don't waste the next 6 months worrying or waiting for good weather.

Last year was the best March-May weather in my living memory. It was superb.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Yesterday was sheer glorious heaven out here. In love with this lovely place all over again.

For the first time this year it was a joy to sit at the gate, gazing at sky and mountains and ocean in utter peace. And basking in warm sun. Even got the garden chair out.

Blue blue sky; fascinating horizon cloudscapes. A gentle breeze to dry the washing. Perfection.

And oh! Even a bee or two was around; another first. All there is for him is forgetmenots which are abundant but lean pickings. But he was making a valiant effort ( there is a nest nearby) Oh a few dandelions but their usual abundant fuchsia flowers are way behind

Planted out seedlings... Just BLISS and a healing. Sorting bedraggled borders, planting, planning .

One of the great things re being old is that any degree of short term memory loss focusses you on the here and now. Living a day at a time with no fear or worry re next week. So seeing the sun and sky today! Another spring day outside.

The silence and peace are intense.

Spring is huge! Off outside to enjoy it again... Have a lovely day as I fully intend to.. not a minute of it will be wasted. Sheer heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Another lovely morning in Dublin, coffee out the back garden with a bit of sun on the aghaidh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Isn't it unusual to have frost this late into April?

I need your wise advice Wise Weather Watchers as I'm waiting to do 3 very important things!
    1. Cut an overgrown hedge to get half my garden back.
    2. Sow some grass seed
    3. Put down Mobacter Moss Killer

All three kind of need things to warm up and for the last of the frost to be past us - Does anyone know when the air and ground temps are due to upswing?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Isn't it unusual to have frost this late into April?

I need your wise advice Wise Weather Watchers as I'm waiting to do 3 very important things!
    1. Cut an overgrown hedge to get half my garden back.
    2. Sow some grass seed
    3. Put down Mobacter Moss Killer

All three kind of need things to warm up and for the last of the frost to be past us - Does anyone know when the air and ground temps are due to upswing?!

We got frost in May last year

Advertisement