Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you have to earn to be rich?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Taxi meters are sealed ,they can be checked by the taxi office .
    They are checked every year ,and can be checked anytime the taxi is parked in a rank by an official .Many older people or people on lower incomes do not have a credit card .
    If you have money invest it in a range of investments,
    property,stocks ,etc the rich can afford to pay financial advisers .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Spook_ie wrote: »
    And what about the people who prefer to pay cash, like the elderly and pensioners, you'd like them to not go out I suppose?

Spookie, as much as I like to get cash, it's on the way out forget about it move with the times pal. Obviously what that chap said about banning cash would never happen and I dont know why you would even entertain him with a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

riclad wrote: »
    Taxi meters are sealed ,they can be checked by the taxi office .
    They are checked every year ,and can be checked anytime the taxi is parked in a rank by an official .Many older people or people on lower incomes do not have a credit card .
    If you have money invest it in a range of investments,
    property,stocks ,etc the rich can afford to pay financial advisers .
    90% of the cash customers left are only cash customers because they get the social welfare in cash, which is only supporting the post offices, it wont be too long before that cash work is gone and then it will only be the odd German tourist who still pays with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

3 million a year gross income. That gives you 1 450 189 € net pay per anum. That is my goal. I can dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Back to work tomorrow for those of us not rich enough to abstain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

anewme wrote: »
    Back to work tomorrow for those of us not rich enough to abstain.
    Most rich people work ....and go to bed much earlier than most of us poor folk. :)

There ain't no one rich on here.

YET!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Ginger83 wrote: »
    A cleaner once a week is 40-50 quid

haha, you are obviously not in the 1%. A professional, well trusted cleaner that comes every weekday morning (and available weekends) about 10am when everyone is out of the house and cleans for 3hours per day is going to cost alot more than 40-50 quid a week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Mike9832 wrote: »
    That lifesytle would require way more than 100k after tax, more like 300k

if all the expenses i listed were paid every year, perhaps. but they dont all happen at the same time.

But a new car wouldnt be bought every year. if the kids are in secondary school, they are not living away at college.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭the-island-man

I know the original question was about what you have to earn to be rich but I think another factor that wasn't raised is the kind of job you'd have to put up with to earn the higher amounts and the higher tax bracket that would be applied to all PAYE salaries over 35-44k depending on your circumstances.

If the job is highly paid (100k and up) and very stressful and takes up a lot of your time it may be worth considering for a couple of years but you are likely to burn out in the long run.

Considering the higher tax bracket, It's a very different prospect if the difference in salary between two jobs is 15-20k and one is extremely physically and emotionally taxing. The stressful and time consuming job could prevent you from getting involved in extra business ventures or hobbies that may lead to something more financially and personally satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭saabsaab

To be Rich would mean that you have well in excess of all commitments re family costs etc. etc. and replacement of any modern devices that may break or wear out. Probably nobody on PAYE. I'd say somewhere in excess of 500k p.a. at least to be rich. It is relative to an extent and some may find that too little depending on where they life and their lifestyle.

• Advertisement

I know the original question was about what you have to earn to be rich but I think another factor that wasn't raised is the kind of job you'd have to put up with to earn the higher amounts and the higher tax bracket that would be applied to all PAYE salaries over 35-44k depending on your circumstances.

If the job is highly paid (100k and up) and very stressful and takes up a lot of your time it may be worth considering for a couple of years but you are likely to burn out in the long run.

Considering the higher tax bracket, It's a very different prospect if the difference in salary between two jobs is 15-20k and one is extremely physically and emotionally taxing. The stressful and time consuming job could prevent you from getting involved in extra business ventures or hobbies that may lead to something more financially and personally satisfying.

I very much agree with this. I work 18hrs a week on average, sometimes its less but it's never more. There is no way I could do my job full time. Even 10 extra hours would be too much for me. So I don't make the money I could and that suits me down to the ground.

Advertisement