14-03-2021, 17:13   #196
Soccerdodger

Optilase - 8 years on and not happy

Hi All,

I got Lasik treatment back in 2012 and was very happy with the results for a number of years.

However in the past year, my eyesight has deteriorated and when I went to Optilase for a check up they said that they would not treat my eyes again as my eyesight was not bad enough. I disagreed as I said that the reason that I got the treatment in the first place was to be able to stop wearing glasses. I’m now back wearing glasses and when I asked about the so-called lifetime guarantee and outlined that I was going to take this further, a manager called me and started referencing terms and conditions.

Very disappointing!
Advertisement
14-03-2021, 19:32   #197
Officer Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdodger View Post
Hi All,

I got Lasik treatment back in 2012 and was very happy with the results for a number of years.

However in the past year, my eyesight has deteriorated and when I went to Optilase for a check up they said that they would not treat my eyes again as my eyesight was not bad enough. I disagreed as I said that the reason that I got the treatment in the first place was to be able to stop wearing glasses. I’m now back wearing glasses and when I asked about the so-called lifetime guarantee and outlined that I was going to take this further, a manager called me and started referencing terms and conditions.

Very disappointing!
My understanding was that if your eye(s) returned to how bad they were pre surgery then they would cover a second go, that is how I took it up anyway.
19-03-2021, 15:47   #198
dubstepper

Has anyone here had the monovision option rather than correcting both eyes. As I am over 40 my reading is starting to deteriorate. The consultant said that an option to correct both long and short nearsightedness would be monovision. I did the trial of it with contacts and found it ok but still unsure.

Anyone share their experience?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion