Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser eye surgery with optilase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fanno.1

Hi all,
    Had a consultation a few days ago and have a date in February for the surgery. I have seen that people here has sometimes haggle the price a bit lower, but seeing as I have alredy paid a deposit would it be too late for me to even attempt to try and get a lower price?

I'm also trying to get a referal from a friends relative, What infomation would I need to get off him for a referal?

Thanks in advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

fanno.1 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Had a consultation a few days ago and have a date in February for the surgery. I have seen that people here has sometimes haggle the price a bit lower, but seeing as I have alredy paid a deposit would it be too late for me to even attempt to try and get a lower price?

I'm also trying to get a referal from a friends relative, What infomation would I need to get off him for a referal?

Thanks in advanced.

You won't know if you don't try. You've nothing to lose. I personally didn't try to negotiate as I didn't realise that was an option at the time.

You need their name, their email and date of birth/phone number I think. They'll then be rung to check and asked to confirm the referral and to give the clinic you're getting it done, and either your DOB or phone number.

Best of luck with the procedure. If the referral above doesn't work out I can give you mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rugby12

Hey folks, i'm down to get lasik for 2k per eye in mater. Though optilase seems toe be quoting me 1650.
    Seems to be the exact same procedure just not paying for hospital fees.

Would anyone have a spare referral that they could share please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

rugby12 wrote: »
    Hey folks, i'm down to get lasik for 2k per eye in mater. Though optilase seems toe be quoting me 1650.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

rugby12 wrote: »

Can I just ask were you quoted 1650 total or 1650 per eye with Optilase? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 FluidProfessor

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Can I just ask were you quoted 1650 total or 1650 per eye with Optilase? Thanks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ccd1905

Hi, could i get a referral from someone? Thanks

Ccd1905 wrote: »
    Hi, could i get a referral from someone? Thanks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

Could I get an optilase referral? Thank you!

FJFF wrote: »
    Could I get an optilase referral? Thank you!

Yes, PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4 eye1

Hi, would I be able to get a referral please ?

eye1 wrote: »
    Hi, would I be able to get a referral please ?

Hi PM sent

Hi, could I get a referral please?

Yes PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭alicenyhan

Hi, could I get a referral please?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LJN20

Id love to know how people haggled too!

I was quoted €3840. Including health insurance but I wasn't informed of that until I went to confirm my booking and deposit. I actually don't have health insurance. So my actual figure is €4510. My prescription is -2.5 and -2.75. Suitable for lasik and a very straight forward candidate I was told.

I was happy enough with €3840 but €4510 seems very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hoppyeising

Hi Guys. Have an assessment tomorrow, any chance of a referral please?

Hi Guys. Have an assessment tomorrow, any chance of a referral please?

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newbuild21

Hi guys, I'm looking to book in a consultation soon. Would someone be able to share a referral code please?

Optilase currently have a €500 offer on their site, would anyone know if the referral can be used in conjunction with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

newbuild21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking to book in a consultation soon. Would someone be able to share a referral code please?

Optilase currently have a €500 offer on their site, would anyone know if the referral can be used in conjunction with this?

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Booking a consultation tomorrow has anyone a referral code thanks.

Anyone know how the current €500 discount works, I see it on their website but very little information after that.

Thanks for the referral codes (I don't need anymore) looks like April before the earliest appointment

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    Booking a consultation tomorrow has anyone a referral code thanks.

Anyone know how the current €500 discount works, I see it on their website but very little information after that.

Pm sent

Ok I have 2 consultations booked, one with "Optical Express" and the other with "Optilase"

On both phone calls it was like pulling teeth to get information, like what is the aftercare procedure, what is the quote, when would the procedure take place deposit payable etc...

From my impressions so far.

Optical Express
    1. Giving no guarantee it will work, and 12 months only aftercare.
    2. A lot of bad press online (They pay off trust pilot)
    3. Are they pushy with sales and trying to upsell everything?
    • First person pushed the lens replacement
    • Second person said minimum price €3650 per eye (My prescription is -1.75, -2.5)
    • Third person quoted the options on the website starting at €875, there information was the same as the website.

Optilase
    1. From today waiting times could be up to 5 months to get procedure done consultation 2/12 months the procedure could be 3 months
    2. Given quote €3840 included Insurance discount, and then -100 for referral
    3. Lifetime Guarantee when paying the full price.

Because it's my eyes I'm going to go to both consultations but everything I'm seeing on boards and the impression I'm getting, Optilase are the better option. (I haven't looked at the Blackrock clinic or Mater private.)

Maybe after my consolation my opinion will do a 360 degree turn!

Can anyone have a reason why Optical would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

Dymo wrote: »
    Ok I have 2 consultations booked, one with "Optical Express" and the other with "Optilase"

On both phone calls it was like pulling teeth to get information, like what is the aftercare procedure, what is the quote, when would the procedure take place deposit payable etc...

From my impressions so far.

Optical Express
    1. Giving no guarantee it will work, and 12 months only aftercare.
    2. A lot of bad press online (They pay off trust pilot)
    3. Are they pushy with sales and trying to upsell everything?
    • First person pushed the lens replacement
    • Second person said minimum price €3650 per eye (My prescription is -1.75, -2.5)
    • Third person quoted the options on the website starting at €875, there information was the same as the website.

Optilase
    1. From today waiting times could be up to 5 months to get procedure done consultation 2/12 months the procedure could be 3 months
    2. Given quote €3840 included Insurance discount, and then -100 for referral
    3. Lifetime Guarantee when paying the full price.

Because it's my eyes I'm going to go to both consultations but everything I'm seeing on boards and the impression I'm getting, Optilase are the better option. (I haven't looked at the Blackrock clinic or Mater private.)

Maybe after my consolation my opinion will do a 360 degree turn!

Can anyone have a reason why Optical would be better?

That is pretty accurate based on the experience I had with both.

I had consults with both Optical Express and Optilase. Ended up going with Optilase for the following reasons:
    1. Financially, Optilase were better and they provided way better aftercare.
    2. Optical Express were really sales focused and honestly found them to be very pushy. Similar to you, I had also the same prescription and they really tried to push the lens replacement which would have been totally unnecessary. Optilase on the other hand actually took the time at the consult to answer all of the many questions I had and they made me feel at ease. Like I wasn't just another number basically.
    3. Optilase do the lifetime guarantee - I had a vision concern (which ended up being unrelated to the laser but Optilase checked me out for it as I thought maybe it was linked) and I wasn't charged for that - again, good extended aftercare in my book.
    4. Just as a little aside, all the drops etc you require after surgery, Optilase provide those (I went back a few times in the first three months for aqueous drops) and at the time Optical Express told me they didn't provide them so that's an added expense too if you went with Optical.

All the above is basically why I decided to go with Optilase - definitely happy with my decision. Hopefully that helps you!
    If you have anything else you'd like to ask or chat about regarding this, feel free to drop me a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Happymonkey123

Sorry to jump on but wondering if anyone has an Optilase referral as I'm looking into getting my eyes done with them. Thanks in advance

Sorry to jump on but wondering if anyone has an Optilase referral as I'm looking into getting my eyes done with them. Thanks in advance
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Happymonkey123

Thanks all have referral now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Hi,

I guess I’m just looking for a bit of reassurance from people that have got laser eye surgery and have had a positive experience with it as I’m still a bit apprehensive.

I had a consultation with Optilase recently and it went fine and they said I would be given PRK if I was to go forward with it.

My optician said to just make sure I do my research and seemed slightly negative towards Optilase. I have a friend that had it done with the Wellington Clinic and recommended them.

I just don’t see what going to a second consultation will really achieve or what I should be looking for. I mean the impression I got off Optilase was that it was such a normal every day thing for what would be a life changing experience. Not a bad thing I suppose..

My eyesight is pretty bad (-4.75/5) so I am keen on getting it done, but as I said, I’m just worried about the possible implications..

There’s €500 off for an online offer advertised on Google yet nothing about it when you click in? Anyone have any idea about that?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

Hi,

I guess I’m just looking for a bit of reassurance from people that have got laser eye surgery and have had a positive experience with it as I’m still a bit apprehensive.

I had a consultation with Optilase recently and it went fine and they said I would be given PRK if I was to go forward with it.

My optician said to just make sure I do my research and seemed slightly negative towards Optilase. I have a friend that had it done with the Wellington Clinic and recommended them.

I just don’t see what going to a second consultation will really achieve or what I should be looking for. I mean the impression I got off Optilase was that it was such a normal every day thing for what would be a life changing experience. Not a bad thing I suppose..

My eyesight is pretty bad (-4.75/5) so I am keen on getting it done, but as I said, I’m just worried about the possible implications..

There’s €500 off for an online offer advertised on Google yet nothing about it when you click in? Anyone have any idea about that?

Thanks.

Sent you a DM there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Personally Id stay away from the chains.
    Go with a consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon practicing in Ireland with a corneal subspecialty

• Advertisement

Rodin wrote: »
    Personally Id stay away from the chains.
    Go with a consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon practicing in Ireland with a corneal subspecialty

Why have you a reason to say why one is better than the other?

Advertisement