Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG TV Freesat and saorview

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

tommyq94 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I've been having trouble getting Freesat on an LG UN73 Smart TV I recently bought.

I followed instructions on here, set it to UK but now get the 'Invalid Service' message when I try to view the channels.
    All the Irish channels are working fine and are up around the 800's.

Not sure where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Assuming your satellite signal is ok

The only thing I can think of is that the TV is somehow detecting that you're not in the UK and is locking you out

It seems a mean thing for it to do but other people have mentioned problems with LG TV's

If you disconnect it from the internet it shouldn't be able to figure out where it is and so the Freesat should work but this may cause other problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

athlone573 wrote: »
    Assuming your satellite signal is ok

The only thing I can think of is that the TV is somehow detecting that you're not in the UK and is locking you out

It seems a mean thing for it to do but other people have mentioned problems with LG TV's

If you disconnect it from the internet it shouldn't be able to figure out where it is and so the Freesat should work but this may cause other problems.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just realised I still had the ethernet cable in while I was scanning for channels so that might have something to do with it. I'll take it out and try again.

I might add that all the channels were found under the Antenna category when I did the scan and 0 channels were found under Satellite.

I know it works fine downstairs on a Walker TV with a Saorview box, although I have to switch between them using EPG I think it is?

I might have to get someone out to have a look..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

tommyq94 wrote:
    I've been having trouble getting Freesat on an LG UN73 Smart TV I recently bought.

Set it to Ireland first and scan satellite to make sure your signal is ok. If that fails to find any channels, it's a signal problem from the dish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Struggling a little with a 5 year old LG and getting channels. If I select the three versions of the Astra it pulls in over 1,100 channels, many duplicates or blanks. Guide is pretty much useless too. If I pick Astra 19.2 it brings in 300+, but again, not very useful. Channel 4 as number 1, but blank. Occasionally too, some of the Saorview channels disappear and have to be retuned. Not sure if this is the weather.

Have a much newer and smaller LG in a bedroom, but there's no dish cable in the room only an antenna. Yesterday, as an experiment, I took the newer TV downstairs and scanned for channels. It only found 19.2 Astra, but everything was much smoother, useful guide.

Apart from this, what is the story with IP channels that are coming in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Mr321

I've a freesat TV a few years now and a sky dish with a double cable going to what was once a sky box.

The TV has only 1 connection port for freesat so can and how do I use the sky dish & cable that was a double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,639 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

If it was a non-SkyQ dish just connect one of the sat cables to the TV. The other is redundant.

If it was used with a SkyQ box the LNB on the dish may have to be replaced if it has 2 outputs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Mr321

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Did you ever get sorted? I'm having the same issue.

Advertisement