Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BD850611

Hi All

We are thinking to put down a deposit for a 3 bed house in the coming phase, the estate agent want us to provide the solicitor information to book the house. Do you guys have any recommended solicitors familiar contracts for Ledwill Park? Just thought that might be a bit easier....How much do they normally charge?

Many Thanks
    BD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

BD850611 wrote: »
    Hi All

We are thinking to put down a deposit for a 3 bed house in the coming phase, the estate agent want us to provide the solicitor information to book the house. Do you guys have any recommended solicitors familiar contracts for Ledwill Park? Just thought that might be a bit easier....How much do they normally charge?

Many Thanks
    BD

I’d highly recommend Terry Gorry in Enfield, great to deal with and very helpful. You’ll find a heap of his videos around house purchase on YouTube.

Cost would be around 2k leaving out everything that they pay on your behalf. Ye pay their fees at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitty Williams

BD850611 wrote: »
    Hi All

Many Thanks
    BD

https://www.lynchlaw.ie/- roughly 1500

Any idea how much the 3 beds are going for in the latest release?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

colly10 wrote: »
    I’d highly recommend Terry Gorry in Enfield, great to deal with and very helpful. You’ll find a heap of his videos around house purchase on YouTube.

Cost would be around 2k leaving out everything that they pay on your behalf. Ye pay their fees at the end

Would second Terry Gorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ekomedia10

Peacoo54 wrote: »
    Hi All would anyone have approximate room measurements for sanderling A in next phase in the close?
    We had been hoping to revisit showhouse to take these but unfortunately with restrictions haven't been able to and looking to order furniture etc. Have been advised Gleanveagh don't provide measurements
    Many thanks in advance
    Hi Peacoo54,

Please did you get details on the Sanderling A model house. I am equally going for one of them and want to know how much the flooring cost you to put together.

I need to plan and budget fund for that.

I am only seeking a range based on what it cost you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Peacoo54

Hi ekomedia10
    Congrats on your house. We did get back into the showhouse so were able to get approximate measurements.
    I think the floors depend on what you pick out. We are going with kildare carpets and they will measure the floors exactly at snag stage. I believe they have completed a number of houses in the area. They do everything start to finish.
    I found them to be really helpful and informative took the time to talk us through all out options. Their showhouse is in celbridge well worth contacting and they will give u approx costs their no is 016269509

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ekomedia10

Thanks @peacoo54,

I will reach out to the Kildare carpets on the flooring.

Please do you have contacts for snagging and any idea how much the snag service cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peacoo54

Hi ekomedia10, we are using Barry Jackson from snaglist ireland. Only getting the snag done on Friday so can let you know how it goes.
    I think his quote was for circa 200euro need to double check but again can let you know after Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Latest price list for Ledwill today has the 3 bed semi sanderling 1163sq ft from 380k and the 4 bed semi dove 1894 sq ft from 475k.

Prices are continuing to shoot through the roof it seems…

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mandser

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Latest price list for Ledwill today has the 3 bed semi sanderling 1163sq ft from 380k and the 4 bed semi dove 1894 sq ft from 475k.

Hi, did you get these prices from the EA? Seems an extortionate increase!

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »

Mandser wrote: »
    Hi, did you get these prices from the EA? Seems an extortionate increase!

The market dictates. A Semi D 4 bed property in Royal Meadows went sale agreed at 505k last week. The house was circa 139sqm and was sold by Sherry Fitz in Maynooth, the same EA's as Ledwill. No shock to see the 4 bed semi d Dove in Ledwill circa 175sqm price go up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amandamartyn

Hi all,

Can any resident tell me if they have garden with a North orientation, do you get any sun at all in your back garden?

TIA

Amanda

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Nugget89

Do you know what the sanderlings were going for in the last phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Do you know what the sanderlings were going for in the last phase?

According to an email from Sherry Fitz in Jan they were 350k not sure before that though

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Nugget89

According to an email from Sherry Fitz in Jan they were 350k not sure before that though

That's a fairly major jump in a very short amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FionaM21

Yeah this is a huge jump. We were really interested in buying the Sanderling or Moorhen 3 bed detached but it is quite soul destroying to have them increase by 30K in 4 months..can they go any higher? I feel it is alot to be paying nearly 400K for a 3 bed but as someone said the market dictates.... better value for 'do-er upper' second hand house but then into a bidding war which can get out of hand too. Does anybody know when the next release is happening in Millerstown and is there any sense of the price increase there? They were at 345K previously. Definitely a sellers market out there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dowager Countess

Thinking of buying here too.. was really impressed with the estate.
    Feel uncertain about the wait for it to be built and the lack of flooring but I suppose that's just something you get on with .
    Thanks for those who mentioned companies that know the property sizes etc.
    How did you all find the process for dealing with the estate agent etc...were your properties finished on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Hi Folks,

Myself and my girlfriend just put down a deposit on a house in The View. We've been advised that completion date should be end of this year or Q1 2022. I am just wondering would any current residents have any tips for us at this stage when dealing with Sherry Fitz or Glenveagh ahead of completion of the property?

Another question I have - Will there be vehicular access from Connaught Street and is there any plans from Kildare Co. Council to extend the footpath towards the train station?

Hi Folks,

Myself and my girlfriend just put down a deposit on a house in The View. We've been advised that completion date should be end of this year or Q1 2022. I am just wondering would any current residents have any tips for us at this stage when dealing with Sherry Fitz or Glenveagh ahead of completion of the property?

Another question I have - Will there be vehicular access from Connaught Street and is there any plans from Kildare Co. Council to extend the footpath towards the train station?

There will vehicular access from Connaught Street. As for the path I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FionaM21

We have put deposit down on a house in the Court for the same completion time so would also love any tips or advice! I would also be hoping there would be path along Connaught street for a quicker walk to the train station from that side of the estate..I had presumed there would be along with the vehicular access..

• Advertisement

FionaM21 wrote: »
    We have put deposit down on a house in the Court for the same completion time so would also love any tips or advice! I would also be hoping there would be path along Connaught street for a quicker walk to the train station from that side of the estate..I had presumed there would be along with the vehicular access..

I had a look at the planning application. It does look like a path will indeed be provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conradoch

Has anyone heard about the Dart+ west depot being installed near the estate?
    Does anyone know if there will be also a DART station?

conradoch wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about the Dart+ west depot being installed near the estate?
    I found an image (that unfortunately I can't post here) that shows it right near Ledwill park.

Its halfway between Maynooth and Kilcock. nowhere near Ledwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I had a look at the planning application. It does look like a path will indeed be provided.

Thanks very much for that. Where can I find these?

Thanks very much for that. Where can I find these?

Kildare county council's website. Look for the online planning section and then search there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emz09

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend just put down a deposit on a Sanderling B type house on The View. I am really looking for information regarding the kitchen, while they don’t have our type house in the Show Village, we viewed the Sanderling A about 2 weeks back.

While the kitchen in the house is cream units and wooden butcher block effect worktops and are lovely but they are just not our cuppa tea at all. And I am hoping either from current or further residents like ourselves could shed some light on dealing with Glenveagh as I have read on this thread about the developers being unwilling to change to specifics. How have others approached this?…. Do you go through your solicitor about specific details such as changing colour etc? Or do you go to Sherry Fitz. The young fella who showed us the house didn’t know when I asked and haven’t had a chance to ask about it. I had a read of our contracts and the only real detail is that Gallagher Kitchens are supplying and fitting the kitchens.

Any information any can share I’d really be grateful!

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Emz09 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend just put down a deposit on a Sanderling B type house on The View. I am really looking for information regarding the kitchen, while they don’t have our type house in the Show Village, we viewed the Sanderling A about 2 weeks back.

While the kitchen in the house is cream units and wooden butcher block effect worktops and are lovely but they are just not our cuppa tea at all. And I am hoping either from current or further residents like ourselves could shed some light on dealing with Glenveagh as I have read on this thread about the developers being unwilling to change to specifics. How have others approached this?…. Do you go through your solicitor about specific details such as changing colour etc? Or do you go to Sherry Fitz. The young fella who showed us the house didn’t know when I asked and haven’t had a chance to ask about it. I had a read of our contracts and the only real detail is that Gallagher Kitchens are supplying and fitting the kitchens.

Any information any can share I’d really be grateful!

TIA

The unfortunate answer is that you'll simply have to put changing anything at all completely out of your head. There is no getting around it at all; Glenveagh have taken a hard line on this and will not change it at all. And Gallagher Kitchens will tell you that they can't deal with you until after you have your keys (at which point the kitchen will be in and all finished).

A few people have had the units sprayed a different colour (since moving in) and it completely changes it if that would do you. I am planning to change out the handles for black and eventually will replace the counter with granite probably - think I'll be happy after that. And if it is totally not for you, you can rip it out after you've moved in, sell it second hand but brand new and probably get enough money for a new kitchen more to your taste.

But ye wasting your time and energy trying to get Glenveagh to change it unfortunately.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

HannahR31 wrote: »
    The unfortunate answer is that you'll simply have to put changing anything at all completely out of your head. There is no getting around it at all; Glenveagh have taken a hard line on this and will not change it at all. And Gallagher Kitchens will tell you that they can't deal with you until after you have your keys (at which point the kitchen will be in and all finished).

A few people have had the units sprayed a different colour (since moving in) and it completely changes it if that would do you. I am planning to change out the handles for black and eventually will replace the counter with granite probably - think I'll be happy after that. And if it is totally not for you, you can rip it out after you've moved in, sell it second hand but brand new and probably get enough money for a new kitchen more to your taste.

But ye wasting your time and energy trying to get Glenveagh to change it unfortunately.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Thanks Hannah, my boyfriend thought the same thing as you but I’m the optimist! I wonder has anyone asked before not to put the kitchen in at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Emz09 wrote: »
    Thanks Hannah, my boyfriend thought the same thing as you but I’m the optimist! I wonder has anyone asked before not to put the kitchen in at all?

I haven't heard of anyone asking that but I wouldn't expect a yes unfortunately; they're like a brick wall that changing anything is against their policy. Also I've heard of people having issues with the bank drawing down the mortgage if there isn't a kitchen as the house technically isn't liveable/finished.

• Advertisement

HannahR31 wrote: »
    I haven't heard of anyone asking that but I wouldn't expect a yes unfortunately; they're like a brick wall that changing anything is against their policy. Also I've heard of people having issues with the bank drawing down the mortgage if there isn't a kitchen as the house technically isn't liveable/finished.

I never thought of that. Thanks for the heads up on that, gonna have to think of something different!

Advertisement