Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

tkrysiak wrote: »
    Congrats! We are snagging next week and hoping things will progress ok.
    As for broadband, if you enter the proper address on Virgin website it shows you that Virgin360 is available. I certainly hope you can actually get it up and running because there are no other viable options unless of course you are happy with subpar/overpriced 20MB connection from Sky or Eir...

Keep us updated ;-)

That's odd, when I put the address in Virgin say it's a no go, even called them and was told the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

That's odd, when I put the address in Virgin say it's a no go, even called them and was told the same thing

Same here, specific house number or even just Knightsgate doesn't bring up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

we're closing next week. 2nd snag is done and dusted ...signed up for Property button which is only offering eir as a broadband option. that is worrying so hoping that Virgin can come to the rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

Same here, specific house number or even just Knightsgate doesn't bring up anything.

Actually you are correct, it looks like the new addresses and eircodes on the website are not being found at all. I remember that I checked on bonkers.ie and they were there and Virgin is listed as one of the suppliers.

Now the question is - are we talking an out of date address DB on Virgin website or is bonkers full of sh...

tkrysiak wrote: »
    Actually you are correct, it looks like the new addresses and eircodes on the website are not being found at all. I remember that I checked on bonkers.ie and they were there and Virgin is listed as one of the suppliers.

Now the question is - are we talking an out of date address DB on Virgin website or is bonkers full of sh...

Ah, too good to be true. Hopefully something comes up though. Anything but Eir as far as we're concerned really.

• Advertisement

Anyone have the measurement for the shower in the ensuite handy? Seems we've wrote down two and I'm not sure which is right but want to get the shower door ordered today

Ah, too good to be true. Hopefully something comes up though. Anything but Eir as far as we're concerned really.

While I agree on the subject of Eir, I personally would prefer them over Sky. Was forced to use Sky back in Skerries, took me 2-3 months of asking, screaming, begging for them to close off my account and stop charging me money...

If there is no Virgin then we are stuck to choose from bad, worse or horrible ;-)
    Best of luck and let us know how it goes!!!

Anyone have the measurement for the shower in the ensuite handy? Seems we've wrote down two and I'm not sure which is right but want to get the shower door ordered today

If you get nowhere, we are snagging on Tuesday so can check it out for you then...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

anyone any recomenations for blinds and flooring?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

We completed our first snag today. Very happy- only minor issues.. We have now received a closing date of 10 September. The end is finally in sight ��

• Advertisement

Dommi1 wrote: »
    We completed our first snag today. Very happy- only minor issues.. We have now received a closing date of 10 September. The end is finally in sight ��

Congrats! We have also received closing date of the 10th but we are snagging next week. It looks like they are in the hurry to push em out ;-)

We re-snagged and there's more to complete, but fingers crossed for next week.

Also, it seems Eir is not even setup for the new houses, even though Property Button said it is.

Yep nothing is set up it seems, think Three do a 4g router so that'll be the stop gap I think

We'd confirmation this morning that everything is closed off and we're getting keys Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Yep nothing is set up it seems, think Three do a 4g router so that'll be the stop gap I think

We'd confirmation this morning that everything is closed off and we're getting keys Monday morning

Congratulations! Hopefully the rest of us wont be too far behind you!

Done and dusted, should hopefully get ourselves moved in on Thursday, think they said they've given keys out to 6 houses at this stage so I'm sure the rest of you won't be far behind

Got an email from Glenveagh to say that they were basically getting nowhere with eir as regards a date for connecting the estate....they suggested emailing eir directly to put on some pressure....emailed eir and got a reply that all comms must come via the service provider- whatever the heck that means....we work from home a few days a week so this is a real issue ...anyone have any updates from elsewhere

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    Got an email from Glenveagh to say that they were basically getting nowhere with eir as regards a date for connecting the estate....they suggested emailing eir directly to put on some pressure....emailed eir and got a reply that all comms must come via the service provider- whatever the heck that means....we work from home a few days a week so this is a real issue ...anyone have any updates from elsewhere

Got the same. We work from home the odd day too.

I've aso have heard horror stories about Eir in general, so was hoping someone else would come on board.

Got the same. We work from home the odd day too.

I've aso have heard horror stories about Eir in general, so was hoping someone else would come on board.

I hear ya but irrespective of who the provider is, eir need to hook up the estate to the grid as all providers will be using eir's cables

I had a call from Eir earlier today saying they had to come out and install a phoneline in the house and after a week they'd be able to see what broadband was available which sounded odd but I said go ahead, unfortunately they wanted to come on Wednesday which doesn't suit so I've to call them back to rearrange

Has anyone put in a double oven? We were told you have to get the shelf removed to be able to fit it, just want to find out if anyone has had this done?

• Advertisement

We're doing it, foreman is arranging the shelf to be moved for us. He was very helpful regarding it, said they were doing it in a few of the houses.

We're doing it, foreman is arranging the shelf to be moved for us. He was very helpful regarding it, said they were doing it in a few of the houses.

Do you have an electrician sorted for fitting all the integrated stuff? any recommendations

Ended up going with DID for it all and having them install everything

Do you have an electrician sorted for fitting all the integrated stuff? any recommendations

We also went with a Power City package, full installation etc., just for speed and ease really. Would probably be cheaper to get a seperate person to do installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Do you have an email address for Eir customer care? All I can see on the site is a phone number and webchat.

Do you have an email address for Eir customer care? All I can see on the site is a phone number and webchat.

here's what we got from Andrea in Glenveagh
    'Hi All,

Hope you are well.

Just a quick email as we have had one or two purchasers contact us regarding Eir not connecting in Knightsgate.

We have the cables there for the connections to be made but unfortunately we can’t give an estimate time of when they will connect as they are a 3rd party supplier.

We do know that once Eir see that there is a demand they will connect, but they need to see the demand coming from purchasers rather than Glenveagh.

I have provided the below link so if you wish to contact them to ask them to connect and the more people that do, hopefully it will be resolved quicker.

The email is customercare@openeir.ie (Eir's installer company is Openeir.)

Many thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Gough

Sales Team Administrator'

Yup, exactly the same with us. Very helpful bloke, hopefully things will get done as discussed. I gotta say I am quite scared after reading the horror stories about Eir - we tend to work from home here and there and it looks like we are stuck with a mobile hotspot for a while...

Our snags got completed anyway, so just waiting to close.

Foreman etc. were all very helpful and great in person with any last bits.

How long did it take from when you first snagged until you were able to re-snag?

• Advertisement

It was about 2weeks. But we were right at the start and as each house gets signed off, I think they begin to move faster.

Advertisement