Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyefit IFSC Dublin Opening?

Options
  • 18-09-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have heard from several FlyeFit Trainers that there is a gym opening in the CHQ Buidling IFSC. They mentioned it will be in Sept / Oct 2017.

Walking around the CHQ Building I see no space for a gym, nor do I see any construction going on.

Anyone know where / when the gym is opening up in the IFSC area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Hi,

I have heard from several FlyeFit Trainers that there is a gym opening in the CHQ Buidling IFSC. They mentioned it will be in Sept / Oct 2017.

Walking around the CHQ Building I see no space for a gym, nor do I see any construction going on.

If the George's St. location is anything to go by I'd say January 2019 is a better estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hi,

This would be deadly if it was happening.

I presume they will be using the vaults downstairs. I'm not sure how much space EPIC takes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

aquinn wrote: »
    This would be deadly if it was happening.

I presume they will be using the vaults downstairs. I'm not sure how much space EPIC takes up.

A trainer in Macken Street branch told me it was opening end of Sept. Then another trainer I was speaking with told me he was moving to the IFSC one later on in the year. So it definetly is happening, according to word in the other gyms. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Flye and O'Hara's brewery have signed provisional leases last I heard, gym won't open till 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Deshi Basara

I'd imagine basement of CHQ building from the screenshots they've put online and the rumour mill.

Another gym couldn't hurt, in any case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VNNe7bovo&feature=youtu.be

Welcome to the #CHQ family FLYEfit ! Opening November 2017! Pre Opening offer available for a limited time only from €26 per month/€229 annual + joining fee. #GetFitatCHQ
    http://ow.ly/AtPr30fpgz9

aquinn wrote: »
    Ooohhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VNNe7bovo&feature=youtu.be

Welcome to the #CHQ family FLYEfit ! Opening November 2017! Pre Opening offer available for a limited time only from €26 per month/€229 annual + joining fee. #GetFitatCHQ
    http://ow.ly/AtPr30fpgz9

Saw this. Entered the facebook competition also :)

This is great News though. I've been to Dundrum, Macken, Georges and Baggot so far. Baggot being the smallest in terms of space.

Hoping its bigger than expected. Also hoping its opening towards the start of November!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 www.bored.ie

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has any update on an opening date yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has any update on an opening date yet?

they say nov2017

but given flyefit's history of delayed opening...I wouldn't hold my breath on it being earlier than the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I walked past it today (next door to urban brewing). If it’s November I’d say it will be the end of it. It was very much a building site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

IFSC definitely needs this. SV fitness is appalling. Haven't tried the gym in the Spencer hotel and Flye Macken street is too far away to squeeze in a lunchtime session

Their treadmills will have Netflix on them. For those hardcore Netflix Goers. Oh and also Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Their treadmills will have Netflix on them. For those hardcore Netflix Goers. Oh and also Spotify.

It'll be great for all those people who "go to the gym" rather than work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

D3V!L wrote: »
    It'll be great for all those people who "go to the gym" rather than work out.

To be fair, treadmills are boring as hell and you'd burn a lot of calories and cover a good distance watching an episode of Ozark.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I would totally watch Netflix on the xtrainer or treadmill

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

bluewolf wrote: »
    I would totally watch Netflix on the xtrainer or treadmill

I may finally start doing cardio again now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Four Winds

Sold!

My old gym had TV’s built in to the treadmills, was great for stopping the boredom.

They are now saying the end of November rather than just November for the opening.

http://www.flyefit.ie/locations/chq/

My old gym had TV’s built in to the treadmills, was great for stopping the boredom.

They are now saying the end of November rather than just November for the opening.

Will probably end up opening in the new year. Personally i can't wait for this location to open as it's right beside my office. I'll stick with George's Street for the moment though as much as it annoys me.

Will probably end up opening in the new year. Personally i can't wait for this location to open as it's right beside my office. I'll stick with George's Street for the moment though as much as it annoys me.

Macken is closer and more spacious than Georges Street! Not a fan?

• Advertisement

Macken is closer and more spacious than Georges Street! Not a fan?

George's Street is on the way to work for me as I'm coming from D12. When the CHQ place opens its going to take 2 hours off my day :D

George's Street is on the way to work for me as I'm coming from D12. When the CHQ place opens its going to take 2 hours off my day :D

Ah right, I go to Georges sometimes too in the mornings. Its fine in the morning at 7am. Same, going during lunch means I get home nice and early, to do whatever the f*** I want, when I want! With whoever I want! (strong arm emoji here)

Ah right, I go to Georges sometimes too in the mornings. Its fine in the morning at 7am. Same, going during lunch means I get home nice and early, to do whatever the f*** I want, when I want! With whoever I want! (strong arm emoji here)

You're there when I am so. Only time it's useable.

You're there when I am so. Only time it's useable.

Beastmode! (Whatever that means..). Flye CHQ will be manic at lunch time I bet. I'd say go before the lunch rush hour, or afterwards from 2pm onwards. If you go at lunch that is.

Also hoping they have a lot of sets of different weights. I presume its going to be brand new machinery and weights, that will be sweet too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Good Bad Not Evil

No there isn't , where did you see this mythical sign ? I work beside the gym and had a look in during lunch and this is very much still a building site with no gym equipment even close to going in.

No there isn't , where did you see this mythical sign ? I work beside the gym and had a look in during lunch and this is very much still a building site with no gym equipment even close to going in.

:( Baxtard in work lied to me! Said he saw a sign there saying that. I'd no reason not to believe him.

Edit: I've contacted to them to see if they can give me an opening date.

Edit 2: They mailed back. Said they expect to be open end of November or first week in December if there are delays, but work in progressing rapidly.

Their website is now saying opening soon rather than the end of November. I presume that means it is delayed.

I've signed up for the presale offer. Take the first month now and then again one month after the opening date. Duration of the offer is from the opening date for one year.

Also, I'm taking soon to mean early December. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 demonickeeper

Black Friday Offer- Joining Fee promo code for today BLACKFRI25 €25 off (joining fee)

Advertisement