Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAEI Grants have run out...Government don't seem to care...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

loyatemu wrote: »
    I heat my house with gas, the vast majority of houses availing of the scheme are gas and oil fired CH. Increasing wind production is not going to do anything to reduce the emissions from these buildings.

no - there are plenty of smart heating systems that don't need a sub.
    Would you mind sending me a PM with who you used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

unkel wrote: »
    ....... Even if that meant using a few €10 2kW fan heaters :D

I want to know more about these €10 2kW fan heaters. Where can I buy them? what is the warranty ? Do they ship to RoI ? biggrin.png

@Garo WRT 'leccy Vs gas generated 'leccy Vs Gas. Anything wrong with going for a 100% renewable 'leccy plan ? ( unintentionally, I find I'm doing this ... but do I really believe it is 100% renewable ? :cool: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

gmisk wrote: »
    Would you mind sending me a PM with who you used?

Our heating was already zoned so I was just replacing the controls myself - I bought a Drayton Wiser kit for that. But Nest, Tado, Hive etc are other options. There's a whole thread on it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

0lddog wrote: »
    @Garo WRT 'leccy Vs gas generated 'leccy Vs Gas. Anything wrong with going for a 100% renewable 'leccy plan ? ( unintentionally, I find I'm doing this ... but do I really believe it is 100% renewable ? :cool: )

Nothing wrong at all! We got solar PV panels last week. And I think best bang for buck and helping the environment for me now would be to get an EV. We don't drive a lot as a family but still given the 20% or so efficiency of ICE engines that's a substantial portion of our carbon footprint. I would phase Petrol and diesel out of my life before natural gas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

garo wrote: »
    I am less sanguine about using space heaters vs. gas heating at least until Ireland's renewable energy proportion is much higher.

Exactly. Concentrate on building some massive wind farms first. Once they are in place, providing cheap electricity, we can start using less oil, diesel and petrol and eventually gas (coal is pretty much gone already) by making these more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

0lddog wrote: »
    I want to know more about these €10 2kW fan heaters. Where can I buy them? what is the warranty ? Do they ship to RoI ?

Eh? Go to your nearest Power City. They're usually €14.95 but I see them in a sale for €9.99 regularly. Or get one from Amazon for GBP7 and get it shipped to your Parcel Motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Back on topic : If you have already applied you may yet get the grant ... or so it would seem :

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-reverses-plan-to-close-deep-retrofit-scheme-for-householders-1.3991135

Advertisement