Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

15 mil win and 2.5 or so I think i read for casey (more then anyone individual win this year) is obscene money, when some golfers are struggling on tour to make ends meat.

its all just a little wrong and I know this is just bonus **** for the golfers and gives the pga something to show after the majors are over

But it needs tweaking im not sure how, but 15 mil going to someone locked up for life is wrong.

The money full stop is ridiculous but a better trickle down effect will keep the tours alive for longer.

At the end of the day to be top level costs a lot i'd imagine and i dont want to watch 30 player tournaments every weekend.

Which is possible if we keep piling money up to the top of the Christmas tree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Leaderboard without handicaps for anyone interested

Rory McIlroy -13
    Xander Schauffele -10
    Paul Casey -7
    Brooks Koepka -6
    Adam Scott -5
    Chez Reavie -5
    Tony Finau -4
    Bryson DeChambeau -4
    Justin Thomas -3
    Kevin Kisner -3
    Jason Kokrak -3
    Hideki Matsuyama -2
    Jon Rahm E
    Tommy Fleetwood E
    Patrick Reed +1
    Gary Woodland +1
    Sungjae Im +1
    Louis Oosthuizen +1
    Rickie Fowler +2
    Webb Simpson +3
    Matt Kuchar +3
    Marc Leishman +3
    Brandt Snedeker +4
    Corey Conners +4
    Charles Howell III +4
    Abraham Ancer +5
    Justin Rose +5
    Patrick Cantlay +9
    Lucas Glover +10
    Dustin Johnson +13

Piss poor from Cantlay and DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a win that was for Rory. There was a lot different look and attitude about him this week. Played superbly and putted very nicely. You could see he wanted revenge and to take down Brooks and it was to nice to see that Brooks is fallible and does feel the pressure.

Maybe the huge disappointment of how the open went and his reaction afterwards is the catalyst to really get him going again in the majors. Huge springboard into next year for him now. Sensational year on the PGA tour but not winning or truly contending in a major will hurt him.

✅3 wins
    @PlayoffFinale
    @THEPLAYERSChamp
    @RBCCanadianOpen
    ✅1st in #FedExCup
    ✅1st in SG: Total
    ✅1st in top 10s (14) 14 out of 19 events.
    1st in scoring average (Vardon trophy) 69.06

On another note; the hugely talented Viktor Hovland won the event on the Korn ferry playoffs and earned his pga tour card. Expect big things from him and outside beside to make european Ryder cup team.

Also, go watch Louis Oosthuizan’s twitter, he has another song for his fans!!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Does Rory get prize money for winning yesterday, I know he gets the 15M but is there prize money outside of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭bren2001

Keano wrote: »
    Does Rory get prize money for winning yesterday, I know he gets the 15M but is there prize money outside of that?

The 15M is the prize money now, innit? They've wrapped up the Tour Championship money and FedEx money so it's a bigger number for the headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

bren2001 wrote: »
    The 15M is the prize money now, innit? They've wrapped up the Tour Championship money and FedEx money so it's a bigger number for the headlines.

Yeap exactly, the tour championship fund has been amalgamated into the end of season bonus prize fund

15 mil win and 2.5 or so I think i read for casey (more then anyone individual win this year) is obscene money, when some golfers are struggling on tour to make ends meat.

its all just a little wrong and I know this is just bonus **** for the golfers and gives the pga something to show after the majors are over

But it needs tweaking im not sure how, but 15 mil going to someone locked up for life is wrong.

The money full stop is ridiculous but a better trickle down effect will keep the tours alive for longer.

At the end of the day to be top level costs a lot i'd imagine and i dont want to watch 30 player tournaments every weekend.

Unlike Europe, no one finishing inside the top 125 on the PGA Tour is struggling to make ends meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Meet, not meat. Also, Hovland finished T2 in that tournament last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They do (did) this on purpose, the idea was to lose your card if you weren't making enough money to make a career out of it so you didnt have people flogging a dead horse and getting themselves in debt.

Since then, mainly because of TV, things have gone a little awry.
    150th earned €628K this year, which is a decent living by anyones standards, and thats before sponsorship etc.

• Advertisement

Meet, not meat. Also, Hovland finished T2 in that tournament last night.

Predictive changes it to meat for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Shane Lowry said in an interview,I think it was the Tommy Tiernan Show,that he thinks there are only about four hundred professional Golfers in the World making a good living out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Unsurprisingly Brooks Koepka has won the PGA of America player of the year. The award works on a points system with Koepka getting 84 points to McIlroy's 78. Third was Gary Woodland with 42 points.

Going with a very early 59 or better watch for Kevin Chappel.

Just had 8 birdies in a row and just starting his back nine now. Par70 so just the 3 birdies needed.

I’m the 59 jinx though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would really enjoy a couple more weeks of a break from the PGA Tour

Complete and utter burn-out from watching the whole season and the Fed-Ex Cup finale all for it to get going again already

Are the cutline rules changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Top 65

11 under through 16

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

10 foot birdie putt on the last coming up for 58.

Edit: just the 59!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Top 65

Brings it into line with the change made in the European Tour a few years ago. Are they still having a 3rd round cut if more than 78 get through?

Bit unlucky for Seamus Power, who would have made the cut under the old rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

abff wrote: »
    Brings it into line with the change made in the European Tour a few years ago. Are they still having a 3rd round cut if more than 78 get through?

Bit unlucky for Seamus Power, who would have made the cut under the old rules.

I think the Saturday cut is finished. Not sure, Seamus probably should have made the cut, but its getting harder for him every week, didn't seem a wise decision employing sky spoofer Nick Bradley as a coach, think he has binned him since though.

https://twitter.com/PGATOURComms/status/1173307831551963137?s=19

Hofland looks like the real deal, could sneak into Paddy's Ryder cup team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Does Hovland have European Tour membership? He can't earn ryder cup points until he does

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

paulos53 wrote: »
    Does Hovland have European Tour membership? He can't earn ryder cup points until he does

Not sure on that one but I'm sure there has been a word in his ear to remind him that if he takes up Euro your membership that more than likely he's make Euro Ryder Cup team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

paulos53 wrote: »

I see that he has an invite to this week's PGA championship and I imagine that he is probably taking up membership of the European Tour as part of the deal.

abff wrote: »
    I see that he has an invite to this week's PGA championship and I imagine that he is probably taking up membership of the European Tour as part of the deal.

And drawn with Harrington

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Didnt see any of his round but stats for Seamus Power today were 5/14 fairways which makes his -7 even better than it looks. Rough probably not up to much, scoring very high in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

https://twitter.com/CoachLockey/status/1181234695180361730

Those are crazy numbers, imagine gaining 14 shots on the field just from putting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

When it's your week it's your week

• Advertisement

Rich Beem got a sponsors invite this week and lies T18 after 2 rounds. You'd have to think he wasted a few years stuck in the studio. Should be well able to compete on the seniors tour next year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement