Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

rh5555 wrote: »
    I tried that today. Talked to them via chat and said I would stay with GoMO if they give me the 9.99E deal as I am on 12.99E. She didn't even try to give me a better deal and just said that people are coming back from 48 to GOMO and that this offer is not for life and that they give 120GB instead of 100GB.

Sorry that is just not worth paying 60E/year more for me and if I don't like it I highly doubt they get rid of their 12.99E deal given the current competition and as I didn't have the 9.99 deal anyway there is not much to lose.

I also hardly ever use more than 10GB per month. I woudn't even know how to use 100GB on the phone considering I use WiFi all the time.

Just wanted to say don't hold your breath trying to bargain down GOMO based on this deal even though I had a feeling quite a few people moving to 48 from GOMO. Perhaps I just had bad luck.

When did GoMo change to offering 120G instead of 80G?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

lighthouse wrote: »
    When did GoMo change to offering 120G instead of 80G?

Only recently, ie last few weeks. It was 80 in August for sure, but I checked the offering after reading it here and it is 120G

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I was just going to say it was only 80GB when I left gomo fee weeks ago, can't be many coming back if they saw fit to add another 20GB to their offering to obviously best 48 IMO

Also the 48 €8 is for life as such as long as you don't change your plan or leave same as gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

I was just going to say it was only 80GB when I left gomo fee weeks ago, can't be many coming back if they saw fit to add another 20GB to their offering to obviously best 48 IMO

Also the 48 €8 is for life as such as long as you don't change your plan or leave same as gomo

Yes, I think she said anything she could to say don't go to 48 which makes me believe a lot of GOMO customers (especially the one paying 12.99 like me) are going to 48.

There are definitely some differences in 4G coverage between 3 and Eir but it's very minor for me. The more interesting question will be if either GoMO or 48 will include 5G in 1-2 years once it becomes more widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

rh5555 wrote: »
    Yes, I think she said anything she could to say don't go to 48 which makes me believe a lot of GOMO customers (especially the one paying 12.99 like me) are going to 48.

There are definitely some differences in 4G coverage between 3 and Eir but it's very minor for me. The more interesting question will be if either GoMO or 48 will include 5G in 1-2 years once it becomes more widespread.

Ya where I am I get decent signal on 48 like 3 to 10MB where as gomo was nearly always 1MB was awful

Then when you take into account youve 100GB plus 3GB if you trade 300 mins you're only getting 17GB extra off gomo for €5 more a month not worth it to me given coverage especially

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

DopeTech wrote: »
    Did they ask you to do anything or did they have to change something on their end to get it back working?

They instructed me how to change my APN settings on the phone and then restart the phone. Then everything worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Switched from Vodafone PAYG to 48 today and currently testing it out with their 1 GB trial.

It has only been a few hours but so far, so good. The coverage is poorer than Vodafone but very usable and the internet speeds seem just as good (I haven’t done a Speed Test).

I have been very happy with Vodafone over the years especially when I was also getting Spotify as part of my PAYG plan, but their offering has become less and less over time and €7.99 for what 48 are offering is a no-brainer in comparison.

Regarding the coverage - from what I’m getting in a town I suspect it will be more than good enough in towns/cities, but probably wouldn’t suit me if I was living rurally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Quick question, the father wants to move from his Virgin pay monthly to 48 but hasn't been able to get through to them to cancel. If he just goes ahead and ports the number etc will 48 cancel the Virgin pay monthly or will we have to get through to them first?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Quick question, the father wants to move from his Virgin pay monthly to 48 but hasn't been able to get through to them to cancel. If he just goes ahead and ports the number etc will 48 cancel the Virgin pay monthly or will we have to get through to them first?

Assuming it's a 30 day contract with virgin which I think it is then yes once he ports out virgin will send him a final bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zipee

I have the 48 SIM and opened account and signed up with credit card.

I am trying to use my daughters old number for her. But the app took forever to log into and now when we hit settings its just 48 swirling around and finally back to having to click in from settings again. Same on phone and laptop.

On laptop we got as far as them sending us a code multiple times but nothing coming through.

Would this be cause they are too busy or something else? It says you must do it between 8am and 6pm which I am.

No email or phone number to get them. It says they have web support but no way to get into it?????

Any suggestions? I have a second SIM to do yet but losing the will to live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

I have got my Tesco phone unlocked . When I insert the 48.ie sim it asks for sim ME unlock code. I got back on to tesco they said they never heard of an ME lock code! I have 48.ie set up on an older phone with no problem. So how do I get this ME code?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

KB22 wrote: »
    I have got my Tesco phone unlocked . When I insert the 48.ie sim it asks for sim ME unlock code. I got back on to tesco they said they never heard of an ME lock code! I have 48.ie set up on an older phone with no problem. So how do I get this ME code?

Would it be the 48 sim card code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭spakman

Is it the IMEI unlock code maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

zipee wrote: »

I am trying to use my daughters old number for her. But the app took forever to log into and now when we hit settings its just 48 swirling around and finally back to having to click in from settings again. Same on phone and laptop.

On laptop we got as far as them sending us a code multiple times but nothing coming through.

Would this be cause they are too busy or something else? It says you must do it between 8am and 6pm which I am.

No email or phone number to get them. It says they have web support but no way to get into it?????

The code 48 send to port must come through on the 'old' Vodafone number, not the new 48 one. If your daughter's old number is inactive, the code won't come through. Would this be the problem?

Thank's for the replies. It is not asking for the 48.ie sim code or the imei code. As I said I have the 48.ie sim working in an older phone, with no problem's. It is the SIM ME unlock code that is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

zipee wrote: »

There is a problem with the app. Just log onto 48.ie on your web browser....mobile or laptop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone do you have?
    It may be the manufacture code its looking for, rather than the Network unlock code.

Try another sim in the phone and see if you get the same message.

Davy wrote: »
    What phone do you have?
    It may be the manufacture code its looking for, rather than the Network unlock code.

Try another sim in the phone and see if you get the same message.

I think you are correct, it is the maker's code that's needed. Why would Tesco not know about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭spakman

Thank's for the replies. It is not asking for the 48.ie sim code or the imei code. As I said I have the 48.ie sim working in an older phone, with no problem's. It is the SIM ME unlock code that is required.

IMEI is the handset unique identifier

• Advertisement

I think you are correct, it is the maker's code that's needed. Why would Tesco not know about this ?

Where does somebody get a manufacturer unlock code? Never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Quick google threw this up

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/18401790-where-can-i-find-sim-me-lock-number

looks like phone is still locked

What happens if you enter the Network unlock code when it asks for the ME code?

The phone is not locked. I have the unlock code from Tesco, phone is asking for:- Sim ME unlock code.

KB22 wrote:
    The phone is not locked. I have the unlock code from Tesco, phone is asking for:- Sim ME unlock code.

Have you tried the code Tesco gave you?

The phone will not accept any numerical's. So I assume this ME code must be alphabetical. As I said earlier I have the 48.ie sim working perfectly on an other phone. Thank's for the replies.

KB22 wrote:
    The phone will not accept any numerical's. So I assume this ME code must be alphabetical. As I said earlier I have the 48.ie sim working perfectly on an other phone. Thank's for the replies.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but to unlock a phone you need to insert a sim from an alternative network i.e the 48 SIM, then you will be prompted to enter a code i.e the one you got from Tesco

What phone is it?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

SIM Mobile Equipment Unlock Code is just another term for the Network Unlock Code. Your phone is still locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

DopeTech wrote: »
    What phone is it?
    Sounds like an Alcatel.

Advertisement