Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Berberis wrote: »
    Got one of these for my wife. She's currently on Vodafone bill pay which we are going to change tomorrow to PAYG.
    Then port over to the 48.ie.

I activated the 48.ie sim this morning and am using the free 1gb in my phone as it's dual SIM.

Could someone let me know please what are the steps for my wife in porting her number over.

Do we buy the 7.99 membership first and then go to the app for porting over.
    Or do we port over first and then buy the membership.

Also as wife's phone is not dual SIM. Is it a case of leaving the Vodafone SIM in the phone untill it has no signal and then replacing it with the 47.ie sim

Tried looking back through the thread, but to be honest, I found it a tad confusing

Yeah it's not that straightforward going at it cold. I've signed up 10 family members so far :D so I've a bit of experience. One thing I would recommend is to buy the membership before you port because while the porting process is active you cannot do anything on your account. Also make sure your wifes phone is unlocked. In my experience PAYG porting is fairly quick - from 30 mins to 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

DopeTech wrote: »
    She needs to log in to My48 on 48.ie and under settings you have the option to Move My Number. Follow this and it'll begin the port. She can buy the membership before or after the port, it makes no difference.

Yes, it's best to leave the Vodafone Sim in the phone until the signal dies. Then just swap them over. Is she sure the phone is unlocked so it can be used on other networks?

Cheers for that. Yep the phone is not locked. I put it her phone and the 48.ie signal came up and could use the data on the card. So I assume it will be able to make calls and texts too

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

boardz wrote: »
    Yeah it's not that straightforward going at it cold. I've signed up 10 family members so far :D so I've a bit of experience. One thing I would recommend is to buy the membership before you port because while the porting process is active you cannot do anything on your account. Also make sure your wifes phone is unlocked. In my experience PAYG porting is fairly quick - from 30 mins to 2 hours.
    Thanks for the reply, we will buy the membership first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Berberis wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Yep the phone is not locked. I put it her phone and the 48.ie signal came up and could use the data on the card. So I assume it will be able to make calls and texts too

You're all set so!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is the 100GB data enforced? Getting really amazing speeds on mine, so wondering if I can pop this into a 4G router.

Yes, once you hit the 100gb your data gets cut off until the next membership kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,318 ✭✭✭naughto

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes, once you hit the 100gb your data gets cut off until the next membership kicks in.

I dont think that's right.

Sh1te thought I was on the gomo thread

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I didn't get the free 1gb to test the data.
    Is the speeds comparable to GoMo?

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    I didn't get the free 1gb to test the data.
    Is the speeds comparable to GoMo?

Yes in general but it's impossible to give you a definitive answer on what speeds you'll get in your area. Perhaps contact them and ask for the 1gb data. Or sign up and check it out for the next month. Worst case scenario is you move to another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm currently on the 9.99 gomo deal, and just got a 48 sim. I'd like to switch, when's the best time to switch, so I don't pay double (to gomo and to 48) for a month. I get a gomo bill on the first of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I'm currently on the 9.99 gomo deal, and just got a 48 sim. I'd like to switch, when's the best time to switch, so I don't pay double (to gomo and to 48) for a month. I get a gomo bill on the first of every month.

I'd test out the 48 sim for a few days before leaving GOMO. If you leave GOMO and find 48 isn't great where you are, you'll lose the 9.99 GOMO deal. Are you happy with GOMO coverage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I'd test out the 48 sim for a few days before leaving GOMO. If you leave GOMO and find 48 isn't great where you are, you'll lose the 9.99 GOMO deal. Are you happy with GOMO coverage?

I am happy, but 48 are on three's network, right? That should be good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

yes on the three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Yes on the 3 network but it can vary widely from area to area. It's better to be safe than sorry. Few people on here mentioned losing signal fairly often.
    I haven't switched yet, but from doing speed tests I'm getting anything from 1mb to about 10mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

I switched to 48 2 weeks after my most recent bill from Gomo and next bill issued 2 weeks later was already 0.00

glen123 wrote: »
    I switched to 48 2 weeks after my most recent bill from Gomo and next bill issued 2 weeks later was already 0.00

That's because you pay in advance except for out of bundle charges. Best to port from gomo as close to the end of the month as possible I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

I ordered a sim to check the signal and then put one month of €7.99 on it. I later ported my number without issue and it took about 10 minutes. Everything was fine for a few hours and then it lost internet connectivity. But I went into the online chat and it was sorted out for me fairly fast. I haven't had a problem since. So if you lose network just use the online chat. They're helpful.

Hairdo wrote: »
    I ordered a sim to check the signal and then put one month of €7.99 on it. I later ported my number without issue and it took about 10 minutes. Everything was fine for a few hours and then it lost internet connectivity. But I went into the online chat and it was sorted out for me fairly fast. I haven't had a problem since. So if you lose network just use the online chat. They're helpful.

Did they ask you to do anything or did they have to change something on their end to get it back working?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

hi folks can anyone help me i ordered a sim ages ago anyway i ordered one and other day i ordered two more sims refer a friend stuff but when the tow sims i was expecting came today there was 3 in this any idea whats going on would they have put 3 in by mistake one was glued to packet other 2 loose, am i suppose to use this sim card now any help appreciated thanks

hi folks can anyone help me i ordered a sim ages ago anyway i ordered one and other day i ordered two more sims refer a friend stuff but when the tow sims i was expecting came today there was 3 in this any idea whats going on would they have put 3 in by mistake one was glued to packet other 2 loose, am i suppose to use this sim card now any help appreciated thanks

Contact them on online chat and give them the numbers written on each sim. They should be able to tell you which ones are recruiter ones and what isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Has anyone tried moving to eir from 48? When I try to port I select pre pay and three as the option of 48 isn't there for current provider and both the online and phone support can't get it to go through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Has anyone tried moving to eir from 48? When I try to port I select pre pay and three as the option of 48 isn't there for current provider and both the online and phone support can't get it to go through?

Someone tried Tesco as donor network from the options on Eir port in page and it worked but that might not work for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Someone tried Tesco as donor network from the options on Eir port in page and it worked but that might not work for everyone.

Thanks Ten that worked :)

Hi folks seems like the 3 sim cards i got are the correct ones, so can someone tell me the url link ur given , when he logs in it gives my account in other words it brings it to my account,

Hi folks seems like the 3 sim cards i got are the correct ones, so can someone tell me the url link ur given , when he logs in it gives my account in other words it brings it to my account

Each sim requires a new sign in with a new email address.

im not sure if i used that email before but it seemed to let me in to actvate the sim card ,

ok so how do i know in advance if im guaranteed the extra months membership and that the other person gets it too thanks

im not sure if i used that email before but it seemed to let me in to actvate the sim card ,

ok so how do i know in advance if im guaranteed the extra months membership and that the other person gets it too thanks

48 need to tell you which sim is your one and which were sent to you as recruiter sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Ask 48 to confirm which is the 'parent' SIM and which are the recruiter SIMs. That's the only way to be certain of getting the free credit. If one of the SIMs is on it's own and not linked to any other SIM then leave that aside.

If you've already determined which is which then ensure that the parent SIM has made a call to a mobile before the recruiter SIM buys membership.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Ask 48 to confirm which is the 'parent' SIM and which are the recruiter SIMs. That's the only way to be certain of getting the free credit. If one of the SIMs is on it's own and not linked to any other SIM then leave that aside.

If you've already determined which is which then ensure that the parent SIM has made a call to a mobile before the recruiter SIM buys membership.

Just been on chat Ten Pin this is the answer i got I'm really sorry I wont be able to check that.
    We dont have the SIM status.

Unfortunately we wont be able to check that.

We cant rectify that.

Because the SIM allots randomly

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

longcock wrote: »
    I would think the more people that move from GoMo, it will encourage GoMo to try and win them back again with probably offerings to new customers of 6:99 or even 5:99 for a limited period. These prices don't cost the network providers a cent albeit the SIM and the postage. The networks and infrastructure are already in place. Remember GoMo's 1st offering 9:99 a month for the 1st 100,000 users, just that alone gives them extra revenue of 12 million euro per annum on an existing network.

I tried that today. Talked to them via chat and said I would stay with GoMO if they give me the 9.99E deal as I am on 12.99E. She didn't even try to give me a better deal and just said that people are coming back from 48 to GOMO and that this offer is not for life and that they give 120GB instead of 100GB.

Sorry that is just not worth paying 60E/year more for me and if I don't like it I highly doubt they get rid of their 12.99E deal given the current competition and as I didn't have the 9.99 deal anyway there is not much to lose.

I also hardly ever use more than 10GB per month. I woudn't even know how to use 100GB on the phone considering I use WiFi all the time.

Just wanted to say don't hold your breath trying to bargain down GOMO based on this deal even though I had a feeling quite a few people moving to 48 from GOMO. Perhaps I just had bad luck.

• Advertisement

Just been on chat Ten Pin this is the answer i got I'm really sorry I wont be able to check that.
    We dont have the SIM status.

Unfortunately we wont be able to check that.

We cant rectify that.

Because the SIM allots randomly

Log into My48 and check your PUK in settings and match it with the sim. That's the parent sim.

Advertisement