Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

PTH2009 wrote: »
    25 mins left and Still no taker and we have the cutting edge segment to go too ???

Takers probably gonna interupt the cutting edge segment I say

• Registered Users Posts: 37,895 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Da **** was the point in all that ???

So takers back full time now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Da **** was the point in all that ???

So takers back full time now ??

Seems like he's takin' souls and diggin' holes for a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Takers clearly got some money on team smackdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Parts I liked, parts I didn't.

Taker being back is great. Having Bray/Orton/AJ come out in their normal gear, instead of the brand shirts, makes way more sense for their characters.

Um....Bayley attacking Nikki in a 5-on-1 assault makes less sense. As does Usos and Alphas backstage laughing and joking.

Miz winning was a surprise. More so if I'm right, and it's a 5 day title run. I still believe Sami wins the title, and the CWs get moved to Smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Guess Taker is Smackdown's star attraction like Brock with Raw. Taker will probably be around a bit more frequently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Taker taking over from Ellsworth as Team Shane OMacDown 's mascot :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The jobber did a great job covering for Kalisto's botch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah Oney Lorcan is a smart pro. Has done feck all in NXT but hes got a great rep on the indy scene for being great to work with and man can he go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

James Ellsworth just shared a ring with The Undertaker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

bayley helping in a beat down seemed really odd.

Odd? It was out of character, totally unnatural and utterly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can't believe no one mentioned the highlight of the show - the return of King BOOKAH!

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH! X 1000

I would not have been able to keep a straight face while he did that segment.

I thought it was a good show overall. Miz winning the title surprised me. Dolph just can't catch a break.

That was quite the botch from Kalisto.

I enjoyed the Smackdown women standing tall but as others mentioned, Bayley engaging in a beatdown was RIDICULOUS. And why would Sasha care about her arch nemesis getting smashed in the face? It's so illogical.

The tag team match didn't really do much for me and just hammered home how poor Smackdown's division looks compared to Raw. Besides American Alpha and The Usos, the rest are just goofy comic acts.

Undertaker got an insane reaction. So is he back regularly now? If so that has to surely mean this is his last hurrah before retirement? I felt this segment was a bit of an anti-climax. I thought Shane was going to give up his place for Taker.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was far better go home show than Raw. For a start, any matches they had made some sort of sense instead of just pitting all team mates against each other. Think Nikki and Carmella were the only team mates that fought each other in a match.

Surprised Miz won, but I guess face vs heel is a better choice.

Watching Calisto's match made me think it's a good job him winning would bring the entire division otherwise all his matches would be against Ellsworth and now Oney Lorcan (who I can't remember seeing in NXT)

And I agree about Bayley. I understand why she did it but it just doesn't seem right. Could've at least have her hold back, not wanting to take part then Carmella attacks her to get her involved. As it was, it actually looked like Carmella was going after Nikki as well at first when she went staright into the middle of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

There were ways to keep Bayley out of it while advancing her story. Given the promo Charlotte cut on her a few weeks ago for being soft, they could have easily had a segment on Raw or Smackdown with the Raw team silently plotting while Bayley looked uncomfortable.

Then have Bayley hesitate in the beatdown with Charlotte and even Sasha showing frustration at her, with ultimately Bayley costing Team Raw at SS.

If they showed a bit of care they could have easily advanced one current feud (Bayley v Charlotte) while laying the seeds for another (Bayley v Sasha).

But they were lazy, which is unfortunately a symptom of when you've monopolised the industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Corbin and Ambrose to be punished tonight.

Would love a smarky promo from The Miz to Bryan as well.

Tag Team Turmoil match to decide No.1 contenders tonight. Id say The Uso's look like favs considering their performance on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Tag Team Turmoil match to decide No.1 contenders tonight. Id say The Uso's look like favs considering their performance on Sunday.

Maybe we will finally get Usos v Jordan and Gable for tag titles.

So it's styles vs Ellsworth in a ladder match with Ellsworth's SD contract on the line, if styles wins Ellsworth gets no contract but if Ellsworth wins he gets his contract and a future World title opportunity

Ambrose has been given the night off and has been forced to leave the building but we all knw what's going to happen (Ambrose will return and help Ellsworth win)

I can see Ellsworth adding himself to the TLC title match and then when the styles/Ambrose program ends he will disappear to the mid card and be a 2017 version of Eugene/Santino type comedy character

Thought I'd hate the Wyatt/Orton tag team but its growing on me and it's starting to get interesting now that there going for tag team gold (facing American Alpha next week in a no 1 contenders match)

Ambrose comedy gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Was much made of Shane O Mac having to receive treatment at SS?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was much made of Shane O Mac having to receive treatment at SS?

All he said was after SS he felt like he was in a car crash.

I have enjoyed Ellsworths shennigans. But due a big beat down so AJ can claim some heat, and hopefully he gets written off until the rumble for a surprise entrant slot.

He is in danger of being ran into teh crowd though, so I hope WWE are clever in how they book him going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have enjoyed Ellsworths shennigans. But due a big beat down so AJ can claim some heat, and hopefully he gets written off until the rumble for a surprise entrant slot.

He is in danger of being ran into teh crowd though, so I hope WWE are clever in how they book him going forward.

Doesn't matter there's no money in him long term. Its just a nice gimmick with ambrose playing aj's foil. Elsworth's shelf life and run will be over around rumble time then confined to the scrapheap IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Styles is great. That finishing spot with leg in the ropes could've looked so clumsy and forced but he made it look so natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did anyone else notice the shoddy camera work/commentary/stalling on the Kalisto and Baron Corbin exchange? It's like everyone from the monkeys in the truck to the superstars F'd that one up royally.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the shoddy camera work/commentary/stalling on the Kalisto and Baron Corbin exchange? It's like everyone from the monkeys in the truck to the superstars F'd that one up royally.

Yep I noticed that too. They shot to a empty section of the crowd where Corbin was obviously meant to have been and kalisto stood on top of the rope for ages. It looked like Corbin completely missed his queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I have to say, I cannot stand Ambrose. Have never liked him at any point in his wwe tenure thus far..Very average in the ring and, in my opinion, he is terrible on the mic. His schtick is tiresome and he is painfully unfunny and tries way too hard. The character is stale and could do with a makeover. Maybe he'd work as an effective heel but there's nothing interesting about this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hoping when Nattie starts feuding with Nikki and still quotes songs, that she says to Nikki "So you think you're untouchable"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,925 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I have to say, I cannot stand Ambrose. Have never liked him at any point in his wwe tenure thus far..Very average in the ring and, in my opinion, he is terrible on the mic. His schtick is tiresome and he is painfully unfunny and tries way too hard. The character is stale and could do with a makeover. Maybe he'd work as an effective heel but there's nothing interesting about this guy
    I used to like him, but they've completely lost their way with him. They went from 'unhinged' funny to 'unhinged' just plain annoying with him. Or maybe it's him himself, I don't know.

But they managed to screw up what should have been one of the most insanely over faces of this decade in a returning Seth Rollins so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

Advertisement