Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they turned Becky heel then they would only have Naomi and Nikki as faces. Id rather have Carmella win at TLC and go into a programme with Becky then you could have Alexa go with Nikki saying she attacked her since she should have been captain .......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If they turned Becky heel then they would only have Naomi and Nikki as faces. Id rather have Carmella win at TLC and go into a programme with Becky then you could have Alexa go with Nikki saying she attacked her since she should have been captain .......

If they did turn her, there is the possibility of Asuka maybe after Mania. Mickie James return for NXT could also be a possibility (though maybe not on the same brand as Cena/Nikki but who knows). Also Nattie isn't exactly heel or face and Carmella or even Alexa could turn the opposite way by the time she turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Real pity Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett weren't stil there for the draft split, they could have done well on the new Smackdown. Would have given the upper mid-card a nice boost at the very least.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If they did turn her, there is the possibility of Asuka maybe after Mania. Mickie James return for NXT could also be a possibility (though maybe not on the same brand as Cena/Nikki but who knows). Also Nattie isn't exactly heel or face and Carmella or even Alexa could turn the opposite way by the time she turns.

Cant see her being pushed to the top of the division at this stage. I think its to early to turn either Alexa or Carmella imo. I can see Asuka going to Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hqdefault.jpg

That time of the week again.. Smackdown Live

After retaining his WWE World Title at TLC with a little help from James Ellsworth, can AJ Styles stop the rot or will Ellsworth go 4-0 against Styles and take from him the title he holds dear, tune in to find out..

Ellsworth to challenge AJ Styles for the WWE World Title
    James Ellsworth stunned the WWE Universe at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs when he emerged from nowhere to betray his friend, Dean Ambrose, and pave the way for AJ Styles to retain his title in an absolutely brutal TLC Match on the award-winning WWE Network.

Explaining his actions on WWE Talking Smack afterward, Ellsworth went a step further by announcing that he will redeem his earned WWE World Title Match against “The Face That Runs the Place” tonight on SmackDown LIVE.

Though Ellsworth does technically hold three victories over Styles, it’s safe to say that Ambrose won’t be helping him this time around. In fact, considering that The Phenomenal One hates him and The Lunatic Fringe will be out for retribution, the chinless No. 1 contender’s best strategy for the imminent title showdown had better include a lot of running.

Did Natalya attack Nikki Bella at Survivor Series?
    Nikki Bella may have triumphed over Carmella in an intense No Disqualification Match at WWE TLC Sunday night. However, The Princess of Staten Island quickly ruined Nikki’s celebration when she claimed that it was actually Natalya who carried out the mysterious backstage assault on her “Total Divas” co-star at Survivor Series.

Later in the pay-per-view, Natalya flat-out denied Carmella’s allegations, calling the claims “absurd” and her accuser “a liar.” But, did The Queen of Harts actually do it? Natalya went on to send out this tweet challenging Carmella to a fight tonight on SmackDown LIVE.
    Rookies need to learn the consequences of opening their mouths. You talked at #WWETLC @CarmellaWWE but better be ready to fight on #SDLive!

Will she make Carmella pay for saying she did? Will Carmella accept her challenge? And will Nikki Bella herself have anything to say about it?

The New Wyatt Family defend their newly won SmackDown Tag Team Titles against Heath Slater & Rhyno in a WWE TLC rematch
    A dark shroud has truly descended upon SmackDown LIVE. At WWE TLC, Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton vanquished Heath Slater & Rhyno to become the new SmackDown Tag Team Champions. The New Wyatt Family will now turn around tonight and defend the titles against Slater & Rhyno in a rematch, as first announced on WWE's official Twitter account.

Not only did they convincingly end the fairytale reign of Beauty & The Man Beast, but they’ve truly given themselves the foothold on Tuesday nights that The New Face of Fear has sought since WWE’s Brand Extension.

At the same pay-per-view, Alexia Bliss powerbombed Becky Lynch through a table to become the SmackDown Women’s Champion. The Wicked Witch of WWE demonstrated once again what a vicious competitor she is, but will the predator prove to be as dangerous now that she has become the prey? Does she have what it takes to stay on the top of the mountain, or will The Irish Lass Kicker (or another determined SmackDown competitor, for that matter) swiftly knock her back off?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 1 a.m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Becky getting her rematch tonight as well?

Wonder if the Wyatts will defend under Freebird rules

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is Becky getting her rematch tonight as well?

Wonder if the Wyatts will defend under Freebird rules

Don't know about Becky getting a re-match, it's possible.

As for The Wyatts, they'll be defending their titles under the Freebird rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lithium93_ wrote: »

As for The Wyatts, they'll be defending their titles under the Freebird rule.

You sure? We already have a team that have been doing that for over a year! Makes no sense for The Wyatts to do it as well, it pretty much means any 3 men can get together and be a TAG TEAM and all regular 2 man teams look like absolute donkeys for not having a third member.

LeeJM wrote: »
    You sure? We already have a team that have been doing that for over a year! Makes no sense for The Wyatts to do it as well, it pretty much means any 3 men can get together and be a TAG TEAM and all regular 2 man teams look like absolute donkeys for not having a third member.

95% positive as it's a rumour.. Here we go
    Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton & Luke Harper are expected to follow New Day’s lead and defend their SmackDown tag titles under the Freebird Rule.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/12/5/13833980/rumor-roundup-dec-5-2016-wyatts-title-run-wwe-celebrity-guests-network-cancellations-tajiri

It's WWE, nothing ever really makes sense, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they followed Ring Of Honor's lead and brought in 6 man tag team championships in the near future..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So basically Orton & Harper managed by Wyatt 90% of the time.

How often did Woods wrestle he most managed and played the trombone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Zero discussion :(

I worry that Smackdown is becoming very much like NXT in terms of it's TV show. Solid writing, solid wrestling but ultimately not so enthralling that its must see TV....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I actually think smack down is easily the best show right now sadly I'm just not getting much of a chance to watch it

Last night was a solid show but nothing really advanced. Becky Alexa is still the womens title feud. Ellsworth cost Ambrose another match. Ellsworth still has to get another title match vs AJ. The only real progression on the show was The Miz using Daniel Bryans Knee Plus/Busaiku Knee finisher for a nearfall as a way to get at DB and Rhyno and Slater getting their title rematch outta the way vs Orton & Wyatt.

Last night was a solid show but nothing really advanced. Becky Alexa is still the womens title feud. Ellsworth cost Ambrose another match. Ellsworth still has to get another title match vs AJ. The only real progression on the show was The Miz using Daniel Bryans Knee Plus/Busaiku Knee finisher for a nearfall as a way to get at DB and Rhyno and Slater getting their title rematch outta the way vs Orton & Wyatt.

Hes used it quite a bit lately IIRC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Zero discussion :(

I worry that Smackdown is becoming very much like NXT in terms of it's TV show. Solid writing, solid wrestling but ultimately not so enthralling that its must see TV....

Personally for me, after a PPV and a Raw on Monday, I needed a break. I watched it later but I imagine others are in a similar boat. Watching live for me is painful, with ad break after ad break. Id rather choose to watch it the next day,ad free. Its much much more convenient.

This weeks episode was nothing must see anyway, WWE in the November / December months usually is on autopilot until Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bit late on this but I thought the 'You deserve it' chants towards Ambrose for the Participation Award were hilarious. Also I can see that Participation Award thing getting over huge if they keep up with it, and even possibly turning Miz babyface. It's a funny shtick.

I didn't like the pay-off to the Ellsworth screwjob where Ambrose comes down and destroys him in seconds and then leaves. I reckon had AJ not been hurt then they would have done this differently, but even so, they could have done something better here. I would have preferred Ellsworth to run for his life and have Ambrose chase him out of the arena. Maybe do some skits backstage where Ellsworth is running for cover. At least tease the Dirty Deeds out a bit, and by doing so emphasize how irate Ambrose is, rather than just have him hit the Dirty Deeds and leave up the ramp.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Bit late on this but I thought the 'You deserve it' chants towards Ambrose for the Participation Award were hilarious. Also I can see that Participation Award thing getting over huge if they keep up with it, and even possibly turning Miz babyface. It's a funny shtick.

Ambrose coming back out at survivor series with the crowd chanting 'Stupid Idiot' was hilarious also.

The Miz is just brilliant on the stick lately. Hes a proper heat magnet and knows exactly what to say and when to say it. His "What? No you deserve it chant for me" comment on SD was delivered brilliantly as was his promo after he won his match on TLC. All superb and a man who is really enjoying his revitalized run since the brand split.

Its a pity AJ Styles is on the same show as him, as Miz would be a great top heel at this moment in time. Hes just so self aware, so cocky and knows exactly what buttons to press to get heat. Apart from Charlotte (who is not on Mizs level yet shes improving all the time character wise), theres no real heel in WWE like Miz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

The Miz is just brilliant on the stick lately. Hes a proper heat magnet and knows exactly what to say and when to say it. His "What? No you deserve it chant for me" comment on SD was delivered brilliantly as was his promo after he won his match on TLC. All superb and a man who is really enjoying his revitalized run since the brand split.

Its a pity AJ Styles is on the same show as him, as Miz would be a great top heel at this moment in time. Hes just so self aware, so cocky and knows exactly what buttons to press to get heat. Apart from Charlotte (who is not on Mizs level yet shes improving all the time character wise), theres no real heel in WWE like Miz

Styles will be on Raw once Wrestlemania is over giving Miz the chance to be the top heel in the company.

While Miz looks like he will probably be entering into a fued with Ambrose for the time being you gotta wonder what now for AJ Styles. Cena seems to be out for awhile with other commitments, Styles and Taker sounds alright but we all know whose gonna go over in that fued which leaves only two other main roster guys who'd be a big enough name to fued with Styles in Bray and Orton. While both men are tag team champions for the moment if they use the free bird rule that allows Bray to chase the WWE championship.

• Advertisement

Styles will be on Raw once Wrestlemania is over giving Miz the chance to be the top heel in the company.

While Miz looks like he will probably be entering into a fued with Ambrose for the time being you gotta wonder what now for AJ Styles. Cena seems to be out for awhile with other commitments, Styles and Taker sounds alright but we all know whose gonna go over in that fued which leaves only two other main roster guys who'd be a big enough name to fued with Styles in Bray and Orton. While both men are tag team champions for the moment if they use the free bird rule that allows Bray to chase the WWE championship.
    Yea AJ is. Depending on what you believe the tentative plan for WrestleMania on the Smackdown side is Undertaker/Kane vs Orton/Wyatt for the tag titles and AJ vs Cena for the WWE Title. The Miz likely drops the IC Title between now and WM and faces either Daniel Bryan or a DB endorsed guy like Samoa Joe or Nakamura. Ambrose will turn heel soon and I can see Luke Harper going face to oppose Orton & Wyatt. 

Smackdown between January and May is gonna be a cant miss show.

Yea AJ is. Depending on what you believe the tentative plan for WrestleMania on the Smackdown side is Undertaker/Kane vs Orton/Wyatt for the tag titles and AJ vs Cena for the WWE Title. The Miz likely drops the IC Title between now and WM and faces either Daniel Bryan or a DB endorsed guy like Samoa Joe or Nakamura. Ambrose will turn heel soon and I can see Luke Harper going face to oppose Orton & Wyatt. 

A lot of these assumptions could easily change and go in other directions, which is a great thing as things don't look as obvious.

AJ could feud with Taker at the Rumble, but he could lose making Cena v Taker for the title (if they are indeed doing that). AJ could chase Cena for the title afterwards seeing as Cena never beat AJ yet.

I can also see Randy turning rather than Harper. I like Harper, but hes just not elevated enough yet IMO to look like a threat to Wyatt or Orton let alone both.

I do like the Idea of a DB endorsed guy v Miz, but it will be a let down IMO. They've built up a feud around Bryan, and anything less than that ill fall short.

Id love Bryan to tease a guy and say its a mystery man, only for it to be revealed to be Bryan at the PPV and beat Miz in quick fashion with a Running Knee or quick submission, since he safely cant work a real match.

A lot of these assumptions could easily change and go in other directions, which is a great thing as things don't look as obvious.

AJ could feud with Taker at the Rumble, but he could lose making Cena v Taker for the title (if they are indeed doing that). AJ could chase Cena for the title afterwards seeing as Cena never beat AJ yet.

I can also see Randy turning rather than Harper. I like Harper, but hes just not elevated enough yet IMO to look like a threat to Wyatt or Orton let alone both.

I do like the Idea of a DB endorsed guy v Miz, but it will be a let down IMO. They've built up a feud around Bryan, and anything less than that ill fall short.

Id love Bryan to tease a guy and say its a mystery man, only for it to be revealed to be Bryan at the PPV and beat Miz in quick fashion with a Running Knee or quick submission, since he safely cant work a real match.
    Oh its absolutely all just assumptions and rumour but the fact that none of it seems like a bad idea shows how well Smackdown has done since the split. AJ Cena to me is the standout match for Smackdown at Mania. Hell that should be main event. 

With 'Taker Im beginning to think he has another year left in the tank. Get the Brothers of Destruction nostalgia run outta the way this year with the story of facing 2 guys he has previously beaten at WM and then build to WM 34 vs Cena in his retirement match. 

Orton turning again would be stale AF. I think Harper cold get over to a decent level as a face. But if not Harper then it needs to be Bray that turns. Have Orton turn Haper against Bray and let Orton recruit somebody to join himself and Harper in a group. Randy is always at his best when in a stable and he has different characters to bounce off. 

I think ultimately the pay off in the DB Miz feud is Bryan hitting Miz with the Busaiku Knee. Now whether thats in a match or just a once off thing to blow off the angle but thats what I imagine the end game is.

I do like the idea of Randy and Luke turning on Bray. I like this a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think we we will see a Bryan endorsed guy face the Miz at Wrestlemania. With Miz and Bryans jobs on the line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Styles retains vs The Undertaker at the Rumble in a way that still keeps Taker looking strong. Maybe Cena somehow gets involved so those two can start a Mania story. Meanwhile AJ needs a new challenger and why not newly debuted in the Rumble where he almost won the thing, Samoa Joe. Wyatt & Orton could be holding the tag gold still going into mania as they would already have lots of big money matches for that card already especially when you add in stuff like Shaq vs Big Show so them in the tag title match would at least guarantee them both have a big match. Hell they could do interpromotional thing against the new day. Meanwhile Elsworth faces Dean for a few weeks before Dean takes him out, he returns at the rumble only to be killed by Joe as he debutes. After the rumble Dean will fully move on to The Miz in a IC title feud that'll lead to mania with D.Bryan endorsing Dean even though it isn't what we all really want from The Miz's story with him.

I think AJ needs to beat Taker clean at the Rumble. Yes he has beaten Cena but what a statement that woukd be to kickoff the road to Mania. AJ beating Taker clean would prove that the current stars a step ahead of the old attitude era stars. Its something WWE doesnt do often enough and could really be used in this instance to set the tone for what should be a WM where new stars are established.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

There is not much reason to watch Smackdown for the rest of the month since their PPV was held during first week of the month and business probably won't pick up again till the first week of January.

hqdefault.jpg

Another week, another SMACKDOWN LIVE

smackdown_live.jpg

Styles vs. Ellsworth in a WWE Championship Match
    James Ellsworth challenges AJ Styles for the WWE Title as part of WWE Week on USA Network. In addition to dealing with the pressures of such a high-stakes contest and the fact that The Phenomenal One will be out to absolutely destroy him, Ellsworth must also prepare himself for the little matter of a lunatic on the loose, thirsty for retribution.

Last week, Ellsworth cost Dean Ambrose both the WWE Championship at WWE TLC and the Intercontinental Championship on SmackDown LIVE. So perhaps the question isn’t whether or not the chinless Superstar will win the title, but who will get their hands on him first? Then again, Ellsworth has defied the odds before. (He’s unbeaten against the champion so far.) Is there actually a chance that he will find a way to capture WWE’s top prize?

Who can possibly overcome The Wyatt Family?
    Last week, new SmackDown Tag Team Champions Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt overcame former titleholders Heath Slater & Rhyno in dominant fashion, reminding the WWE Universe just how dangerous they really are, not only to the Tag Team division, but to Team Blue as a whole.

Later on Talking Smack, Rhyno walked out on The One Man Band, indicating that we could be seeing the end of Beauty & The Man Beast. But is there any tandem on SmackDown LIVE who will dare challenge the Wyatts? The Hype Bros have already stated they are heading in that direction, and American Alpha will surely continue their longstanding pursuit of tandem championship gold. A challenge from The Usos would also be a sight to see, and though ew’re not sure what would happen if “The Fashion Police” Breezango attempted to hand The New Face of Fear a citation, we are definitely curious.

Notwithstanding the incredible talent in SmackDown LIVE’s Tag Team division, however, with the news that The Wyatts will utilizethe Freebird Rule throughout their championship reign, it will be difficult for any team to contend with the combined force of Wyatt, Orton & Luke Harper.

Is Nikki out to get Natalya or Carmella?
    Last week, following Carmella’s claims that Natalya had attacked Nikki Bella at Survivor Series, a stone-faced Nikki didn’t seem the least bit receptive to Natalya’s denial. Later on Talking Smack, The Princess of Staten Island further explained her side of things and added more fuel to the fire.

Which one’s lying: Carmella or Natalya? And will Fearless Nikki take it upon herself to find out the answer with whatever force necessary?

Who will look to unseat The Miz?
    As Curt Hawkins might say, it’s time to face the facts: The Miz walked out of Survivor Series, WWE TLC and last week’s SmackDown LIVE with the Intercontinental Title still securely around his waist.

So who will be the next Superstar to try and knock The A-Lister into a B-List column? As SmackDown LIVE is the land of opportunity, the field has never been more wide open. Certainly Baron Corbin comes to mind, considering his success in recent brutal showdowns against Kalisto. Perhaps Luke Harper will look to conquer Miz and bring even more championship gold into the Wyatt Family fold. Or, in light of James Ellsworth’s interference last week, will Dean Ambrose vie for another crack at the illustrious title?

Whoever decides to step up, one thing is certain: The Miz continues to prove that he is a lot better at winning than everybody thinks he is, and knocking him off the mountaintop will not be a small task for any Superstar.

SKY SPORTS 5 @ 1 A.M

And Gabriel Iglesias (never heard of him) also scheduled to appear on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Such a shame that the Braun vs Sami doesn't have a leave Raw clause as Sami would be a great new foil for the Miz

Advertisement