Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On a scale of one 1 to 10 how happy are you with life on average?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

I’m even sadder now that I see not everybody is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

3. However I read it
    wrong and put 7! I hate my job. My daughter has a serious life long illness and is awaiting major surgery to improve her health. I have a rare form of a rare disease which I have had
    three life threatening complications from including one caused by medicine to try and prevent another complication! In the last three years I've had two major and one minor surgeries. One of these operations was to try and cure the rare disease but it was only partially successful and I will need another major operation which will be more complicated due to scar tissue and the other health problems caused by the disease. I have daily pain, fatigue and chronic insomnia. And to top it all off I also have a Dick of an ex husband who has a full time job suing people! Even though we have been divorced for a couple of years he is still causing hassle. I had to change my phone number and spam him on email. And that's the tip of the iceberg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I'm happy but it seems most are people I see are now either miserable or violent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Solid 9.
    Good heath, good money, good job, good friends, no commute.

Planning on buying a house soon. I live out in the country so prices aren't insane.

A 10 would invole getting into a relationship, but I'm quite content at the moment and it's more for lack of interest on my part that I'm not in one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I think what helps with some people is they are easily pleased.

Or maybe some people fought tooth and nail to get to where they are now, maybe in work, in life, in general and they're happy on average with what they've achieved and how it's worked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Or maybe some people fought tooth and nail to get to where they are now, maybe in work, in life, in general and they're happy on average with what they've achieved and how it's worked out

There's nothing wrong with being easily pleased and being content with your lot.

I'd take that over constant worry and feeling of inadequacy and inferiority that some successful people have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

9 here.

The only thing to complete me now would be grandchildren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It depends on the day but on average about 5 or 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

4 teenage kids all reasonbly happy, job nearly done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Elessar wrote: »
    Earlier this year I broke up with the love of my life.

We remained friends and recently met up a few times.

I attempted to get back with her but found out she is now dating someone else.

I’ve never known such pain.

1/10

That's sh*t man, but you probably know what you should have done.. Yes, its tough but you should have cut her out of your life and moved on with yours instead of setting yourself up for hurt.

Cutting her out doesn't mean you don't love her any more, or any less. It means you love you and you want to move on, as hard as it is but without her in your life.

Right now you're just picking at the scab of a healing wound.. Leave it alone and let yourself heal.

Hope you're good, be strong & stoic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

A 5 I think. At least that’s how it feels. Few things I need to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My life is ten times better than it was a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Elessar wrote: »
    Earlier this year I broke up with the love of my life.

We remained friends and recently met up a few times.

I attempted to get back with her but found out she is now dating someone else.

I’ve never known such pain.

1/10
    I hear ya. It doesn't feel one bit like it but it will get better.

Keep occupied - throw yourself into activities. It'll be hard but you've got to force yourself when you just feel like moping on the couch (that makes it much worse and prolongs it too).

And be kind to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

- I have great family and friends, couldn't ask for better.
    - Work is going good again. Had a rough few months where I very nearly left (after 8 years) due to issues where extra work was being piled on and wages were very poor. Had a word with my manager, explained how I felt and he informed me that they 'didn't want to lose me', and he arranged for work load to be shared out more evenly and got a substantial payrise just a few weeks ago.
    - Financially doing a lot better, because of said pay rise.
    - My 22 year old daughter is doing great at college, and very happy.

Voted 7 due to 2 negatives:
    - I'm in love with one of my good friends, but afraid to tell them in case they don't feel the same and I ruin the friendship
    - My Dad died recently. He was very sick and in pain, so he wouldn't have wanted to continue like that, but he was a relatively young man. I hate that he's not here anymore. I miss him everyday.

All in all, my life is defiantly filled with more positives than negatives at the momement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Last 6 months have been a 1 so I'm afraid I've had to go for that. Its probably really a 3 but you tend to get wrapped up in your own sh*t sometimes don't ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement