Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a scale of one 1 to 10 how happy are you with life on average?

Options
  • 19-06-2019 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭

10 Being Extremely happy!

1 Being Extremely unhappy!

On a scale of one 1 to 10 how happy are you with life on average? 218 votes

67% 148 votes
    0% 1 vote
    0% 1 vote
    2% 5 votes
    4% 10 votes
    3% 8 votes
    4% 9 votes
    5% 12 votes
    8% 19 votes
    2% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Interesting question. I put 7 because I have a lot to be grateful for, and thinking of that makes me happy.

I'm healthy, financially secure, lots of great people in my life and doing a job I really enjoy. I'm also on holiday next week :D

I didn't always have all these things. It took time to get where I am and I would have been much higher up the scale then.

So yes, 7 for me. Very content.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Interesting question. I put 3 because I have a lot to be grateful for, and thinking of that makes me happy.

I'm healthy, financially secure, lots of great people in my life and doing a job I really enjoy. I'm also on holiday next week :D

I didn't always have all these things. It took time to get where I am and I would have been much higher up the scale then.

So yes, 3 for me. Very content.
    3 would be closer to extremely unhappy.

Things are good. 9 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No complaints and plenty to look forward to. A solid 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

10 Being Extremely happy!

1 Being Extremely unhappy!

I would put myself as between 8 and 8.5

I’m really happier than I have any right to be, and it’s only my long commute (5 hours a day) that is dragging me down from a 9.

If I could work from home I would be 9 to 9.5

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

A solid 8 for me too, only way I'm getting up to 10 is with a lottery win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got a new sit on lawnmower yesterday, a Kubota for doing the rear garden.

No more Flymo for me....

14.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Earlier this year I broke up with the love of my life.

We remained friends and recently met up a few times.

I attempted to get back with her but found out she is now dating someone else.

I’ve never known such pain.

1/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

kippy wrote: »
    3 would be closer to extremely unhappy.

Things are good. 9 here.

Changed it to a 7. I don't think I'd be a 10. 7 is great, 8/9 would be off the charts happy/contentment for me. Not sure what, if anything would put me there. And I don't think that level is sustainable for long anyway. Life happens.

Very happy with my solid 7 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Definitely a 1 crappy health issues no way of fixing them only treating situation with invasive medication which won't fix the damage only potentially stop more or different issue from happening.

Tldr life's not fair is it you see I, I will never be king and you will never see the light of another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

this an example of game theory..... if they see low scores they'll make it better because they think they are doing it wrong... so i give it a low score in the hope they make it better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Working from home on the patio, 25c outside, good coffee in my mug. Life's good right now... at least until it starts getting warm later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Right now I'd say 8. Bought an apartment last year so I'm not longer paying extortionate rent and I'm living there in an extremely good and stable relationship (and I've never had either of those things in a relationship before).

Just over two years ago I'd have said 3 or 4, very lonely, paying mad rent somewhere I didn't want to be and generally just a bit fed up of everything.

All I'd say to anyone feeling like sh*t out there is that things really can change in the blink of an eye so keep going. Life's a b*tch, but when it's good, it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would say 7.5.
    I am happy and lucky to have a good life, health, family and friends. Financially secure too.
    But it’s not perfect and there is lots I would change.
    But look, if I ever got to a 10 then what would there be to look forward to?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I was never good with numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I’m a bit like a Sine Wave. My happiness varies a lot depending on my frame of mind on a particular day due to mental health issues.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-4daK67jn2sV5zDIQtTBlbZX9tkW1AbEcjuU4-Z6bH8xFGW71lg

9. I would say 10 but I am suffering from a periodic paranoia that the happy times can not last forever and something awful is probably about to happen :/ And a minor scare recently made me think it was about to happen - though thankfully it passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I was never good with numbers.

I was always good at numbers , some I'm giving myself a "L" this morning and the colour 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Definitely a 1 crappy health issues no way of fixing them only treating situation with invasive medication which won't fix the damage only potentially stop more or different issue from happening.

Tldr life's not fair is it you see I, I will never be king and you will never see the light of another day.

Sorry to hear it RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It's about making the best of what you have.

Right now, my life is a lot better* than it was say 8 years ago. I was in no way unhappy 8 years ago, struggles don't make me unhappy, there are actually a lot of fun memories. I don't need money to be happy - although not having herself nagging about money is no bad thing.

Health is good (apart from the knee, ACL/Menicus damage not healing right). Wife and daughter are awesome. Job is sh!t - that will be remedied soon. House needs work but that's part of the fun. Still living in the UK, that's good and bad.

Going camping at the weekend, really looking forward to it!

Hard to put a score on it really, I probably would have given the same score 8 years ago. . .

*obviously people measure this with different metrics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Probably higher a year ago.

I just feel lost at the moment, no motivation.

I'm earning decent money in my job but I feel my career is going nowhere.

Housing is a joke and depressing to think about.

I live with idiots that piss me off and some of my friends have got women and moved in with them and we don't see each other much. I live away from my family but I don't want to be there full time either...

I feel I'm in a bit of a rut and I don't know how I got here - I come home from work and just eat and browse the internet.

As an introvert, I feel like I might be lonely for the first time ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

contented pottering alone with life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A solid 6, all because of family.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

A solid 7, have a healthy happy family, a loving husband and good friends.
    It's not a 10 because I hate what I do for a living but don't have the inclination to change and earn a lower salary. I earn good money and it's not too difficult but it's soul destroying at the same time.
    Property market also takes a mark off as owning my own house and feeling financially secure in that way would bring me up to an 8 or 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DColeman

I surprised there are so many happy people.

Is it really the case that some people never ever experience depression, or long term sadness and constantly are happy throughout the entire life? Boards has a lot of perfect permanently happy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

A solid 6, all because of family.

So your up to a 6 because of family or your being pushed down to 6 because of family.

the things it would take to get up to a 9 are within my own power, something to work on

the things it would take to get to a 10 are unchangeable or are things im at the mercy of

its a very nice place to be tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

I hope things get better for anyone that is unhappy with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

DColeman wrote: »
    I surprised there are so many happy people.

Is it really the case that some people never ever experience depression, or long term sadness and constantly are happy throughout the entire life? Boards has a lot of perfect permanently happy people.

I'd be the type of person who doesn't suffer from depression and have a very consistent mental state day after day. A solid 7 consistently.

Bad events don't drag me down for long. I might get pissed at something for a few hours. But I figure it out and move on.

I think the happiest people are the consistent ones. Nobody is a constant 9/10. It's impossible.

Good events push you to the top for a short period, but normal happy life is a 7/8.

I think I'll be an 8 when we move house. Im not a fan of the area where we live. We hadn't planned on living here this long anyway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm about an 8. Haven't much to complain about, wages could be better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

So your up to a 6 because of family or your being pushed down to 6 because of family.

They're all 6. Work, everyone else, etc is the -4.

Advertisement