Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book quotes that give the title away

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

“He’s more myself than I am.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

And then as I was hurrying off I heard him say, quite loudly, to the doctor, “I’ll have no favourites on my ship...”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He stretched out his arms towards the dark water in a curious way, and, as far as I was away from him, I could have sworn he was trembling. Involuntarily I glanced seawards - and distinguished nothing except a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You shall not pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

branie2 wrote: »
    You shall not pass!
    I don't know what book that is from but it is very like Gandalf's line from The Lord of the Rings "You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's from the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Elemantary my dear Watson

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

“...his hope was that she would finish her damn book quietly and just leave; that one morning he would awaken and go up to the attic, and Anne Frank would be gone, and he could go on with his life, Anne-free. One hundred percent Frankless.”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Elemantary my dear Watson
    Never said in any of the Sherlock Holmes books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I was going to the city to get my degree in pimping

• Advertisement
Advertisement