Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Lotto down everywhere?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

seamus wrote: »
    Because online takes a couple of seconds.

Granted, plenty of people will have a routine that includes popping into the shops, but I don't see the inside of a newsagent from one week to the next, I'd have to go out of my way to buy in a shop. Even then you have to queue in the lotto queue. Yawn.

Online, couple of clicks, done.

I reckon around 90% of sales still take place in shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I'd say it's even closer to 95% myself, the online segment is mostly aimed at the 18-35 age range, (i.e. that god awful Guru advert promoting online play), while the vast majority of "draw games", (i.e. non scratchcard sales), in our outlet are to over 40s.

There are so many more options available to the younger gambler online than simply the lotto, whereas on the high street it's a simple bookies v lotto agent choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Put in my numbers last night. It told me I had won a euro, in last night draw.
    Had a look today at the numbers, looks like I won nothing. Showed the date of the drawing, but must have shown Saturdays numbers or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is it just me or have the new lotto owners massively reduced the 5+bonus prize. Top price 10.2m, 2nd prize only 25k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

smash wrote: »
    Is it just me or have the new lotto owners massively reduced the 5+bonus prize. Top price 10.2m, 2nd prize only 25k?

Its just you.

5+ Bonus was always €25,000 (IR£12,000 back 90's IIRC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

The 5 and 4 number prize categories are also based on whether or not the jackpot is won - if it goes they are lower and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Tried to get the lotto an hour ago all shops are down :-(

Advertisement