Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Carry wrote: »
    Arcto wrote: »
    They are the same thread dude.....look at the URL, specifically the "2057864762".

Yes sweetie, they are now, because bluewolf merged them.
    No need to be a condescending asshole, pumpkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

cursai wrote: »
    This same house exists in Ireland. I call it the Villa de la Conquistador.
    https://goo.gl/maps/yL141nsH8x32

Different vintage I reckon. More impressive is if you use Google street view for a 360 spin and take a look at the 1970s bungalow acroos the road and the 1990s / 2000s house beside it

Nothing like progress ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

If I had a spare €75,000 (and some paint), I think I'd like to buy that house.

You want a weekend getaway to go fishing?
    75k + 10k (Legal+ engineers report) + 15k (insulation + wood burning stove + rads) + 5k (misc, furnishings, flooring and doors and carpets)

Thats 105k can you get that back in 5 years in Rent?

Oh and whats the story with 1/5 share in this and 1/2 share in that crap!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

75k + 10k (Legal+ engineers report) + 15k (insulation + wood burning stove + rads) + 5k (misc, furnishings, flooring and doors and carpets)

Thats 105k can you get that back in 5 years in Rent?

Oh and whats the story with 1/5 share in this and 1/2 share in that crap!?!?!?

The advert is illegal too as it doesn't have a BER rating.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The advert is illegal too as it doesn't have a BER rating.

You can only wish it has a "G" rating. I'd say you could shovel coal into it for the night and it would still be freezing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

No, I'd quite like to disappear to the middle of nowhere. To hell with insulation; an extra jumper would be grand. Just looking at it on Google maps, it looks quite idyllic.

No, I'd quite like to disappear to the middle of nowhere. To hell with insulation; an extra jumper would be grand. Just looking at it on Google maps, it looks quite idyllic.

Is that jumper damp-proof?

Is that jumper damp-proof?

Damn, I had taken that Damp proof course for granted. I never lived in a house without one its amazing how a thin pit of plastic makes all the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

xiUp9ox.jpggqROxLS.jpg
    X9hwXhU.jpgD7VimNP.jpg
    Chelmsford Road 38, Ranelagh, Dublin 6

€610 monthly
    Single Bedroom €610 monthly available for 1 year
    1 person currently occupies the flat
    Looking for females only
    (Flat is not owner occupied)
    Couples not allowed

Phone: No phone provided

xiUp9ox.jpggqROxLS.jpg
    X9hwXhU.jpgD7VimNP.jpg
    WTF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's a cupboard in a cupboard! Kind of like a Russian doll. For the bargain price of €620 pm you can experience what it is to be the littlest Russian doll.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's a cupboard in a cupboard! Kind of like a Russian doll. For the bargain price of €620 pm you can experience what it is to be the littlest Russian doll.

Please contact Josef Fritzel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How do you actually get into that room? Is there a trapdoor in the ceiling or something?? :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How do you actually get into that room? Is there a trapdoor in the ceiling or something?? :confused:

"It rubs the lotion on its skin"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sad.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

WTF!

I actually don't have words :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,196 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think it's been removed from daft.ie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Stuff like that makes me angry.
    And kind of afraid for the future because i will be looking for another rental in the foreseeable future.
    Might turn out that i just cant afford staying here in Ireland anymore because as a single person with a pretty decent salary it will be impossible to live on your own without commuting 3 or 4 hours a day.

But keep building 2 floor family homes only. It is going great after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

inforfun wrote: »
    Stuff like that makes me angry.
    And kind of afraid for the future because i will be looking for another rental in the foreseeable future.
    Might turn out that i just cant afford staying here in Ireland anymore because as a single person with a pretty decent salary it will be impossible to live on your own without commuting 3 or 4 hours a day.

But keep building 2 floor family homes only. It is going great after all.

I'm contemplating of moving back to Ireland but the prospect of living in shared accomodation in a tiny, hotel like, overpriced, non sound proof room is putting me completely off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If i have to start sharing, you ll read about me within weeks in the newspapers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

WTF!

That looks like a hallway that's been sealed off to be made into a "bedroom"

610 beans! Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

xiUp9ox.jpggqROxLS.jpg
    X9hwXhU.jpgD7VimNP.jpg

Leo are you seeing this?

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Leo are you seeing this?

I really wonder how do you enter this room??? is the ad still online? that's a thing I would like to ask the landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

tara73 wrote: »
    I really wonder how do you enter this room??? is the ad still online? that's a thing I would like to ask the landlord

The door is to the right of the wardrobe, it'd be a tight squeeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

There's barely space to put your head in the bed because of the bookshelf, I wonder how many times the last tenant banged their head off that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I think it's been removed from daft.ie

It's after making "Breaking News.ie".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

It's after making "Breaking News.ie".

Linky

https://twitter.com/PaddyG96/status/1020984622971260928

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Couldn't be legal to rent a space like that. Is there even a window?

Kamili wrote: »

hahaha, love that. someone is really p*** at the moment seeing his 610 € a month going out the window. deserves them right.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Couldn't be legal to rent a space like that. Is there even a window?
    Nor a fire escape, a death trap if ever there was one.

Advertisement