Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brand of bike has Eamon Ryan got

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Truthvader wrote: »
    Oh deary deary me, you sound balanced and independent.
    You question my independence because I challenged your line of questioning, which is not impartial given your anti-cycling posts in other threads.
    However, for clarity, I'm on the record here, multiple times, stating my dislike for Gormley given some of what he did during his tenure as Lord Mayor, TD and Minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

As pointed out, notwithstanding the cogent evidence of the 2014 tweet neither I nor apparenly other posters here have seen him on his bike for years.

Just to be clear, it's not 'the 2014 tweet'. It is seven tweets, running from last year back to 2014, all basically confirming that he cycles.

I'm not a big fan of his, and indeed I would specifically argue with some of the things he says in those tweets, but I'm still confused as to why you would make up a story like this?

You not having seen him cycling tells you nothing. I HAVE seen him cycling, it seemed like maybe 2 or 3 times a year around Ballsbridge or the Grand Canal cycle track.

I haven't seen Alan Shatter driving around here in recent years, but I don't suddenly conclude that he's thrown his car away.

You not seeing him cycling tells you nothing.

Are you seriously suggesting that he tweets occasionally about cycling as part of some massive virtue signalling conspiracy, despite the fact that he has no public role?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'm not a big fan of his, and indeed I would specifically argue with some of the things he says in those tweets

Yes, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 23,619 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Another in the Examiner
    dRLb1D2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Do you really think any of these politicians unless in the top jobs have drivers???

Junior ministers even have drivers they actually have 2 drivers each at about 40 k per year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

zell12 wrote: »
    Another in the Examiner
    dRLb1D2.jpg

Maeve I think we can all agree need to get a life

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

expanded polystyrene is not good for the enviroment.

If it really becomes a distracting issue he might start doing it, I suppose. He did used to wear one occasionally, I think. But people don't seem to realise that it's almost certainly deliberate: Greens in a lot of Europe cycle in normal clothing, and the message is that cycling is something for normal people in normal clothing.

The way people talk about Ryan is as if he's such a feather-brain he hasn't realised he doesn't have a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭KevRossi

mloc123 wrote: »
    Wasn't there the story years ago about him cycling into the Dail each day, and his driver following with his bag/laptop etc..?

It's state security. Certain files have to be transported with the official driver in the designated car. It's standard practice. Ministers have been bollocked out of it before by Dail security for not adhering to the rules. The papers belong to the state, the state is permanent, the minister is transient. That's the idea behind it.

I've have that info from a former government minister and from a cousin who is a Garda working on national security.

FWIW, the constituency office of a minister has at least 2 computers, one of them is designated as the official one for contacting the department and doing departmental work. They get this when they start the job. I know that this year when the election was called at 11.00 a.m. a pair of civil servants showed up in a Dublin ministers office at 3.00 p.m. and removed the computer hard drive, a laptop and several boxes of papers. The secretary was not allowed to finish the email they were writing on, the post was deemed to be redundant.

The journalist who often wrote on the Gormley & Ryan file transport saga, knew the reasons behind it, but choose to ignore it as it makes for a better story. A case of the media making the news, not reporting it.

(And no, the ministers car did not crawl behind them, it drove at normal speed from the ministers residence to the Dail).

Can someone just tweet him and ask what kind of bike he rides so we can be done with this thread and have it moved to pastures new?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ah, we all know what bike it is. it's a green giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

bazermc wrote: »
    Where’s his hi viz jacket.

give over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Any sign of John???

Maybe he's in Bali again - and sure with this weather who can blame him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Can someone just tweet him and ask what kind of bike he rides so we can be done with this thread and have it moved to pastures new?

No need to even Tweet when a quick Google answers the question. It's a Giant.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/eamon-ryan-teeing-himself-up-22081761

Any sign of John???

See you in twelve days for the next installment of your dry and witty repartee.

Any sign of John???

I didn't see him when I was in Bali, so he's obviously given up going to Bali completely for ever and ever. His Bali visit was just virtue signalling anyway.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    See you in twelve days for the next installment of your dry and witty repartee.

Right so, two weeks then

Ah lads, would one of ye lend him a bike and send him down to Tesco's for milk or something just so someone sees him

Ah lads, would one of ye lend him a bike and send him down to Tesco's for milk or something just so someone sees him

In fairness, I don't think he needs our help to be seen.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/07/15/a-familiar-cycle/

https://www.businesspost.ie/ireland/ryan-rules-out-making-cycling-helmets-mandatory-8b1d880d

https://gh.opera.news/gh/en/covid/8f2edff360c6f8b3f92c3086bcb609d4?news_entry_id=35a98702200707en_gh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Just noticed in the first photo, Eamon is on the 'right hand' side of the bicycle, either getting on or off...
    There was a topic on here recently where a poster queried as to what 'side' of the bike people generally used to get on... the general consensus was that it was 'the left'...
    So, does this photo prove that Eamon is a 'right leaning' politician... ???

• Advertisement

Jesus keep up Andrew.

No doubts that Eamonn is up on his bike day and might - and in fairness I think he is genuinely wedded to the cause. Read back a bit; we'r talking about Gormley

Right so, two weeks then

To a good approximation, as good as your word.

Jesus keep up Andrew.

No doubts that Eamonn is up on his bike day and might - and in fairness I think he is genuinely wedded to the cause. Read back a bit; we'r talking about Gormley

I'm well aware of all that, thanks.

So what was the point of your post?

I'm well aware of all that, thanks.

So what was the point of your post?

Read back. Pictures of Eamonn (even awake) are irrelevant.

Sure we'll leave it another couple of weeks and see if anyone spots John. Maybe if the weather picks up he might go for a spin

Read back. Pictures of Eamonn (even awake) are irrelevant.

Sure we'll leave it another couple of weeks and see if anyone spots John. Maybe if the weather picks up he might go for a spin

Ah silly old me, getting confused by the thread title.

That's some hard-on you have for Gormley though. He's out of politics for more than ten years, and you reckon he is still focused on keeping up some kind of facade?

You know that some people actually enjoy cycling, right?

i have no idea what this thread is about anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Pretty sure he has a recumbent.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

i have no idea what this thread is about anymore.

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is!!!

tomasrojo wrote: »
    If it really becomes a distracting issue he might start doing it, I suppose. He did used to wear one occasionally, I think. But people don't seem to realise that it's almost certainly deliberate: Greens in a lot of Europe cycle in normal clothing, and the message is that cycling is something for normal people in normal clothing.

The way people talk about Ryan is as if he's such a feather-brain he hasn't realised he doesn't have a helmet.

I guess it was becoming a distracting issue!

https://twitter.com/DttasIrl/status/1286605171720630272

• Advertisement

it helps if he falls asleep and falls off the bike, i guess.

Advertisement