Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

buzz11 wrote: »
    I have a Gardena silenco life 750 which I reckon is equivalent to the Husqvarna 315x and both have a setting which is identical called 'Sensor Control' / 'Weather timer'

How are you finding this mower? Thinking of getting the same one? looking for feedback? The grass in my garden grows at different rates! Very strong growth in half of it and avg-weak in the other half. Can you set it up to manage this?

Anybody else have experience of the Gardena Sileno 750 mower?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Hi I'm having a problem with my husq 420. I have 3 areas, say near, middle and far. It's no longer going to the further 2 areas and sticking to the near one. I've disabled the near lawn but it's still cutting it.
    If I manually carry it to the other areas it will cut and usually return home, but last night I left it on the far area and found it there completely dead this morning. I carried it back to the charger and it seems to be charging ok.

If a wire was broken surely it wouldn't work at all and display an error?

Sometimes lately it seems to be doing a lot of searching and following the boundary of the near area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hi I'm having a problem with my husq 420. I have 3 areas , say near, middle and far. It's no longer going to the further 2 areas and sticking to the near one. I've disabled the near lawn but it's still cutting it.
    If I manually carry it to the other areas it will cit and usually return home, but last night I left 9t on the far area and found it there completely dead this morning. I carried it back to the charger and it seems to be charging ok.

If a wire was broken surely it wouldn't work at all and display an error message?

Probably guide wire problem which would not stop it working but would mean it can’t get to or from the area.

Run the guide wire test from the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

KCross wrote: »
    Probably guide wire problem which would not stop it working but would mean it can’t get to or from the area.

Run the guide wire test from the menu.

Thanks KCross. Unfortunately I can't find any option to do this on the 420. Some things to note.

1. I can see a solid green light at the charger, indicating that boundaries are ok.

2. I've just carried the mower to the furthest point of area 3 and it's able to follow the guide wire all the way back no problem.

3. When I select Override Timer it starts immediately cutting the grass closest to the charger, even though I've disabled this area.

4. I've carried it again to the furthest area and set it to Override Timer and it's cutting away there now. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

muckyba wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if the automower will text if the loop signal is lost? Is this one of the errors that will trigger a notification?

Thanks.

Husqvarna?
    Mine does message me when it cuts through it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Lurching wrote: »
    Husqvarna?
    Mine does message me when it cuts through it!

Depends which model I would imagine? If it's a Bluetooth only model probably not but the ones equipped with GSM will notify of any errors. I cut through the guide wires not once but twice before I learned my lesson :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Darbre18

Hi all, I have been reading through this thread for the last couple of weeks as I’m interested in buying a Husqvarna 430x for my 2600m2 lawn. This thread has provided me with valuable information but there is one question I cannot find a answer to.

The reduced price of the units on the continent is to good to be ignored but one concern I have is the warranty. Has anyone who imported their mower had warranty work done in Irish distributors?

I’ve read people saying on this thread it is a European warranty and must be honoured here, but cannot find a definitive answer from Husqvarna online.

Sorry for long post, but I’m interested in hearing the opinions of others before me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

one of my dogs has a habit of digging holes and in the last few weeks he has gone mad - its part of his play when the kids are in the garden. He digs and they chase him to stop digging. in the past he has exposed the loop wire and the automower has snipped it - not really too big a problem as the mower will stop right beside the snip.

However - in the last week the dog has gone mad - he is reacting to a neighbors new dog and the garden is destroyed - biggest problem is that there are multiple breaks in the loop wire. I have found three and fixed them - but there is still no loop signal - so must be another break and I can't find it .. i've walked and crawled the perimeter and can't find it.

Has anyone any tips / advise on how to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

whippet wrote: »
    one of my dogs has a habit of digging holes and in the last few weeks he has gone mad - its part of his play when the kids are in the garden. He digs and they chase him to stop digging. in the past he has exposed the loop wire and the automower has snipped it - not really too big a problem as the mower will stop right beside the snip.

However - in the last week the dog has gone mad - he is reacting to a neighbors new dog and the garden is destroyed - biggest problem is that there are multiple breaks in the loop wire. I have found three and fixed them - but there is still no loop signal - so must be another break and I can't find it .. i've walked and crawled the perimeter and can't find it.

Has anyone any tips / advise on how to find it

Something like this might work, never used it though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ADHQCIO

EDIT: Actually maybe that is only for tracing a complete wire, which you dont have

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Posted a few pages back as was considering purchasing the Gardena offer with coopsuperstores which I bit the bullet on. Have it installed 2 weeks now and it's doing a great job.

Anyhow see that my great deal at €799 + €25 delivery is now being beaten by TJ O'Mahony at €750 (delivery generally free for c.€200+ I think), see here.

Might be of use to someone although only 5 showing in stock.

Still on coopsuperstore for €799.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Has anyone experience with fixing a "wheel motor overloaded" error on the Husqvarna 430x. The manual says to "free" the machine but I don't know what that might mean. I don't want to damage the wheel, or axle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

padraig.od wrote: »
    Has anyone experience with fixing a "wheel motor overloaded" error on the Husqvarna 430x. The manual says to "free" the machine but I don't know what that might mean. I don't want to damage the wheel, or axle.

Usually just means that the machine has got stuck, possibly with a wheel digging in. you should just be able to lift it and move it and it will restart. But check there isn't anything caught around arrar axle

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Borzoi wrote: »
    Usually just means that the machine has got stuck, possibly with a wheel digging in. you should just be able to lift it and move it and it will restart. But check there isn't anything caught around arrar axle

There was a lot of grass trapped behind one of the wheels. An easy fix. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

antomack wrote: »
    Posted a few pages back as was considering purchasing the Gardena offer with coopsuperstores which I bit the bullet on. Have it installed 2 weeks now and it's doing a great job.

Anyhow see that my great deal at €799 + €25 delivery is now being beaten by TJ O'Mahony at €750 (delivery generally free for c.€200+ I think), see here.

Might be of use to someone although only 5 showing in stock.

Still on coopsuperstore for €799.

Cheers for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭staples7

Darbre18 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been reading through this thread for the last couple of weeks as I’m interested in buying a Husqvarna 430x for my 2600m2 lawn. This thread has provided me with valuable information but there is one question I cannot find a answer to.

The reduced price of the units on the continent is to good to be ignored but one concern I have is the warranty. Has anyone who imported their mower had warranty work done in Irish distributors?

I’ve read people saying on this thread it is a European warranty and must be honoured here, but cannot find a definitive answer from Husqvarna online.

Sorry for long post, but I’m interested in hearing the opinions of others before me, thanks.

Bought from GPL Sweden. There was a manufacturing issue out of the box. Very small issue but still kept the unit from working. Rang my local dealer in cork he took unit away and fixed the issue and all covered under 2 year warranty. Husqvarna even paid the dealer mileage for collecting it. I saved over 1k buying online and installing myself. Best investment I’ve ever made.

The above was my biggest fear too regards an issues after buying but great to know you are covered

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Darbre18

staples7 wrote: »
    Bought from GPL Sweden. There was a manufacturing issue out of the box. Very small issue but still kept the unit from working. Rang my local dealer in cork he took unit away and fixed the issue and all covered under 2 year warranty. Husqvarna even paid the dealer mileage for collecting it. I saved over 1k buying online and installing myself. Best investment I’ve ever made.

The above was my biggest fear too regards an issues after buying but great to know you are covered

Thanks for reply, I purchased on Thursday last. Roboexpert in Germany ensured me my local dealer would sort any issues under warranty before purchase. Looking forward to getting it set up. Where did you get the cable for installation? Husqvarna cable seems very over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭randombar

Looking at the Worx Landroid L2000

https://www.myrobotcenter.eu/en/worx-landroid-l2000-wr155e-2020

Does anyone have any advice?

1800sqm of garden with a 25 degree slope at the back.

Will have to put boundaries around 30 trees and 4 lamp posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

I wouldn't worry about putting boundary around all those trees, you can either get the ACS attachment which is basically just two parking sensors for the front and it will detect the tree and steer around. You could also just let it drive into the tree and it will stop and back up, turn a bit and continue on cutting.

The only thing I would worry about is if there are roots above ground at the trees. Roots could give you trouble if you're trying to do a low cut of 30mm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭blackbox

GaryCocs wrote: »

Worx Landroid specified for 20 degrees only.

blackbox wrote: »
    Worx Landroid specified for 20 degrees only.

According to the site it's saying it can handle gradients of up to ± 35 % ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I have the L2000 and as said previous the ACS module will be the best option, laying boundary around all those trees would be a nightmare. Other option is the off limits module which is laying a simple magnetic strip around the base. I use it on a troublesome willow with roots and a couple of large islands. I have a 25deg slope on my front boundary and in one place its 40, it does fine most days. When wet it does struggle a bit and after running for 3 weeks it has gone over the boundary twice at that one 40deg section.

The L2000 is very impressive, it does a great job on our 1900sqm lawn. We also have a 2nd area and it navigates a fence, couple of ramps and a 30m gravel drive to get to the 2nd area. I also added the find my droid module that helps in the poor WIFI areas so it can still send you warnings if it gets stuck.

krissovo wrote: »
    I have the L2000 and as said previous the ACS module will be the best option, laying boundary around all those trees would be a nightmare. Other option is the off limits module which is laying a simple magnetic strip around the base. I use it on a troublesome willow with roots and a couple of large islands. I have a 25deg slope on my front boundary and in one place its 40, it does fine most days. When wet it does struggle a bit and after running for 3 weeks it has gone over the boundary twice at that one 40deg section.

The L2000 is very impressive, it does a great job on our 1900sqm lawn. We also have a 2nd area and it navigates a fence, couple of ramps and a 30m gravel drive to get to the 2nd area. I also added the find my droid module that helps in the poor WIFI areas so it can still send you warnings if it gets stuck.

Any recommendations for where to pick up more of the guide wire for cheap? Have some generic stuff we used for the dogs fence before is that the same?

Any recommendations for where to pick up more of the guide wire for cheap? Have some generic stuff we used for the dogs fence before is that the same?

No sorry, I bought 200 meters or worx wire on amazon but it certainly was not cheap. Also bought 40 meters of off limits wire and that would break your heart at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Have yet to actually use it but bought some genisys on amazon that seems to be popular, seems much the same as what came with the mower, I paid £48 a couple of weeks ago when I bought it.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/genisys-Boundary-Landroid-L15-20-boundary/dp/B079813HJ3

Or direct from Germany
    https://www.genisys24-shop.de/de/begrenzungskabel-draht

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

Hi I'm having a problem with my husq 420. I have 3 areas, say near, middle and far. It's no longer going to the further 2 areas and sticking to the near one. I've disabled the near lawn but it's still cutting it.
    If I manually carry it to the other areas it will cut and usually return home, but last night I left it on the far area and found it there completely dead this morning. I carried it back to the charger and it seems to be charging ok.

If a wire was broken surely it wouldn't work at all and display an error?

Sometimes lately it seems to be doing a lot of searching and following the boundary of the near area.

This started happening my husq 150 last year, it would spend all its time in the back garden. I changed the settings to only do the front garden but it still spends the majority of its time in the back garden where the charger is. I've decided to live with it because I am extending the lawns (have an extra acre at side of house) so will need a bigger mower but actually going to go with two mowers because I'm fed up with grass droppings on my paths as it moves between the two areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭blackbox

According to the site it's saying it can handle gradients of up to ± 35 % ?

Slope percent is different from degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

<snip> We also have a 2nd area and it navigates a fence, couple of ramps and a 30m gravel drive to get to the 2nd area. <snip>

Does the blade continue to spin when on the gravel, or can you set it to stop spinning for its trip from one area to another?

Does it leave a trail of clippings on the gravel?

blackbox wrote: »
    Slope percent is different from degrees.

Spotted that last night all right. Shur we'll give it a go :D

Does the blade continue to spin when on the gravel, or can you set it to stop spinning for its trip from one area to another?

Does it leave a trail of clippings on the gravel?

Normally it only navigates the route while searching for the zone or finding the charger so the blades are not spinning. They do spin on a edge cut which is twice week in my schedule but I compacted the area and laid a stabilizing resin along the route so there is no clearance issues.

No clippings at all are left on the route, there is a clear trail where the landroid follows and the odd dropped leaf or mud from the wheels if he has got stuck and dug a little hole with the wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Normally it only navigates the route while searching for the zone or finding the charger so the blades are not spinning. They do spin on a edge cut which is twice week in my schedule but I compacted the area and laid a stabilizing resin along the route so there is no clearance issues.

No clippings at all are left on the route, there is a clear trail where the landroid follows and the odd dropped leaf or mud from the wheels if he has got stuck and dug a little hole with the wheels.

Thanks for that. Must say, I'm sorely tempted by the Landroid L2000 with ACS. According to the promo video on My Robot Center, the ACS allows the Landroid to "slalom" around objects - does this work well?

Advertisement