Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Hub - €59.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Private Joker

tglynn wrote: »
    Just ordered one, gone to €58.53...

Me too. Thats the vat decrease. Ordered it this morning and its dispatched today. Should have it tomorrow or Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

The Max with camera (still not avaliable here?) Is great.

Yeah have one of those on the list when they're released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Thx OP mine arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

tusk wrote: »
    Yeah have one of those on the list when they're released

You can order one from the UK and use Parcel Motel.

You can order one from the UK and use Parcel Motel.

Does that definitely work? I remember I have ordered a few things that way in the past, but the most recent order I tried to send through PM a bit over a year ago was cancelled with this message:
    Because of suspicious activity on this account, we have taken the step of cancelling your order.
    For more info, see our Terms of Sale for Devices.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Does that definitely work? I remember I have ordered a few things that way in the past, but the most recent order I tried to send through PM a bit over a year ago was cancelled with this message:

I think you might have more luck with Address Pal, I got one through with Address Pal when there was a sale on and lots of PM ones were getting cancelled on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Basil3 wrote: »

I can't speak for anyone else but certainly I've ordered several items in the past and received each one. I do recall though that a lot of people were having trouble using Parcel Motel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Likewise. Contacted them and the request is bouncing around the teams...same thing happened with the last phone order I had with them. It'll arrive when it arrives I think.

Jenny in the US is "escalating" with the UK store for me. Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Ordered one yesterday, hopefully will arrive before the estimated end of October!!

This is one of the very few times when we are getting the better deal in the Irish store. It's £59.99 - plus AddressPal or whatever - in the UK store while we are playing €58.53. So by my reckoning would be around €13 more expensive to get from the UK. You do get a choice of the four colours though, annoying we only get chalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shamrock65

Delay with mine ordered on the 28th August

Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LJ3103

I was put through to a UK agent yesterday and was told it was scheduled for delivery today. Still not received and the status still shows as delayed.

I wonder did we all order around the same time and there was a glitch. I never received a confirmation email, I can only view my order when I log into the store

shamrock65 wrote: »

Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way.

That's annoying. I ordered 29th, delivered yesterday morning.

shamrock65 wrote: »

My account is showing the exact same messages since late Friday evening. In ordered lunch time on Friday. It originally showed Monday for delivery

LJ3103 wrote: »
    I was put through to a UK agent yesterday and was told it was scheduled for delivery today. Still not received and the status still shows as delayed.

I wonder did we all order around the same time and there was a glitch. I never received a confirmation email, I can only view my order when I log into the store

A UK agent wasn't available for me apparently. I did get a confirmation email and a further email to say it had been shipped. Which it clearly hasn't. Looks like they were overwhelmed by demand. But they really are sh1t at dealing with anything going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

LJ3103 wrote: »

I'm on day 3 of dealing with their chat reps. Great craic.....not.
    I think I've gotten a bit further today though with the rep. He appeared to be an actual UK rep and was escalating it to the shipping team. Admitted on the chat that there is an issue on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Was about to pull the trigger on a couple of minis but think I'll pass to see will these issues blow over....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I've got Patrick...no word back from him unsurprisingly. Over a week since order now and no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Anybody using it with the Nest Hello?

Is the video appearing on the Hub in good time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Just checked the delivery status of my newest order and it says delivery 28-30 October :eek: Considering it only took two days for my last order, I'm not going to wait that long for the next one. I've cancelled and will think of another birthday present for my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I've got Patrick...no word back from him unsurprisingly. Over a week since order now and no update.

Any more of this from Google Support and I'll have to delve into my Filofax to get Joe Duffy's number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just got the payment reverted for it. They mustn't have claimed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Anybody using it with the Nest Hello?

Is the video appearing on the Hub in good time?

It's nearly instant, less than 1 second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

They must have taken lots of orders, the delays are crazy. I ordered ours midday last Thursday and it arrived on Friday afternoon.

SteM wrote: »
    They must have taken lots of orders, the delays are crazy. I ordered ours midday last Thursday and it arrived on Friday afternoon.

There just seems to be a batch of orders that got lost in limbo, I ordered on Friday lunchtime and still haven't received mine, yet people who ordered on Saturday and Sunday received them Monday and Tuesday

I have to laugh at their inability to solve the most basic issues. We've all heard the stories of the off the wall questions asked at interviews to work in Google. Thinking outside the box my hole. They can't even transfer you from US chat to UK chat.

And 'escalate' means put your fingers in your ears and hope the customer loses the will to read your scripted answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

I ordered on the night of the 26th......not dispatched yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

didnt need it, but wanted it, cheers OP.

delivery expected 20th of October!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Setup mine and it's a fine purchase. I have it in the kitchen and it's handy for Spotify, radio, Netflix or YouTube when making dinner. Sure the sound isn't going to win awards but it's more than adequate and I have the Home Max anyway if I want great sound.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

copeyhagen wrote: »
    delivery expected 20th of October!!
    WTF!

That doesn't bode well for those of us whose orders fell through the cracks. :eek:

This was my interaction with support. Rose? Rose?

iN8Kv1h.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Interesting that they have stock on the UK store (plus extra colours!), however the price is higher at £59 (around €67 + some parcel redirect fee). Irish Google store has gone to "join waiting list".

The Harvey Norman price is €89 (no bargain there, but there is stock).

Maybe those that fell through the cracks had some sort of extra manual credit/address spot check performed which delayed their order, and now it's out of stock.

Advertisement