Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Parcel delivered at 6.30am on 10th June in Newton abbey.
    I’m still waiting for it.
    Finally got another reply today saying they would investigate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Seve OB wrote: »
    Parcel delivered at 6.30am on 10th June in Newton abbey.
    I’m still waiting for it.
    Finally got another reply today saying they would investigate :(

The fact so many people are having this problem is a tiny bit reassuring as its more likely to be a backlog than them losing parcels en masse.

Forever. Try ringing them. I had zero luck over a month of emailing and ringing, they only sorted me out when I sent in a claim for the cost of the parcel

When you say sorted you out.....
    Do you mean you got your parcel or they paid you off?

I’m at that stage now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

When you say sorted you out.....
    Do you mean you got your parcel or they paid you off?

I’m at that stage now

The parcel was stuck in a locker the door wouldn't open, after sending in the claim an engineer magically appeared to release it

The parcel was stuck in a locker the door wouldn't open, after sending in the claim an engineer magically appeared to release it

ok, so not quite the same as me, ive a package stuck "in transit" so i have no idea if it is in a locker, in a van, in the depot, or up in the air

• Advertisement

ok, so not quite the same as me, ive a package stuck "in transit" so i have no idea if it is in a locker, in a van, in the depot, or up in the air

In exactly the same boat. It's shocking. I'd complain but not sure who to as Parcel Motel themselves dont seem arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Date & Time Location Description
    11 Jun 2020 08:16 Antrim Delivered
    11 Jun 2020 06:53 Antrim Out for delivery
    10 Jun 2020 02:31 DPD We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our depot
    09 Jun 2020 16:08 DPD We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our depot

Not been registered by PM at all. Another small packet came through in the meantime.

Looking at the invoice the retailer stripped out my PMID from the delivery address, but the package was in the parcel tracker from two days before it arrived with them. Shouldn't have been an issue. 12 days now and I used them to expedite things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ED E wrote: »

Not been registered by PM at all. Another small packet came through in the meantime.

Looking at the invoice the retailer stripped out my PMID from the delivery address, but the package was in the parcel tracker from two days before it arrived with them. Shouldn't have been an issue. 12 days now and I used them to expedite things.

I phoned parcel motel yesterday about my half missing currys order. They found the parcel within 15 seconds after giving them the tracking, minute after hanging up was checked in dublin depot with photo on my account. The PMID was completely missing, printing error as other parcel was half cut off. I think you need to phone them otherwise they just leave the parcels sit there.

spix wrote: »
    I phoned parcel motel yesterday about my half missing currys order. They found the parcel within 15 seconds after giving them the tracking, minute after hanging up was checked in dublin depot with photo on my account. The PMID was completely missing, printing error as other parcel was half cut off. I think you need to phone them otherwise they just leave the parcels sit there.

mine was kinda similar...... except after finding it within 15 seconds... they still have it a week later!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Seve OB wrote:
    mine was kinda similar...... except after finding it within 15 seconds... they still have it a week later!

Haha, I'm on the phone to them now. They can't find 3 packages that were signed for on Thursday. Maybe a disgruntled PM employee is wearing my wife's clothes now :D

• Advertisement

Their phone sounds they're based under the Irish Sea ^__^

tedpan wrote: »
    Yep, got through. It magically checked in while I was on the phone to her :) happy days anyway, should have it within the next 24 hours all going well..
    ED E wrote: »

16 Min call, 15 mins of that on hold.

She was able to give me a different description to my diary so they had inventoried it just not related it to my PMID. The retailer had stripped that from the packing slip. Appears within seconds of me asking on their parcel tracker. These go to the "Queries Department" who I might guess are understaffed to hell during COVID.

tedpan wrote: »
    Haha, I'm on the phone to them now. They can't find 3 packages that were signed for on Thursday. Maybe a disgruntled PM employee is wearing my wife's clothes now :D

i got an answer this time, have been just getting nobody here when i've called in hte last few days and it hung straight up.

however, not much better at the moment...... while it answered, it seems im in a queue (although im not sure as it is just beeping) for nearly 10 minutes now

50 minutes on hold

shocking

they just ended the call before i got through to anyone

Just sent in a complaint to them. I imagine it goes into the recycle bin immediately, but I can say I sent it for when I need to file a claim with PM or the SCC later on.

got them second time around, only holding for 10 minutes this time!!
    was told it wasn't released whatever that is supposed to mean and that they would investigate and get back to me.
    if i don't hear by the morning i'll request to claim for a missing package

It looks like you called during lunchtime. Never call around lunchtime to any contact center. Most people are off work so will dial in and the staffing will be reduced as different staff take their meal breaks.

Mine went back to the delivery queue within the hour. Hoping it hits the PM tonight.

Did you ever get your package in the end? I had something that arrived with PM on Monday last week and still haven't received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Package arrived in Dublin yesterday, in locker tonight. Impressed with the service for once! Long may it continue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 razortth

Hello all, I am new here!

I am just wondering if anyone of you have tried ordering a laptop from the UK and shipped it using PM to the Republic? I recently just ordered one from Lenovo and I'm unsure whether it would be accepted due to sizing and if I would need to purchase Extended Liability just for protection.

Thank you very much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

razortth wrote: »

I am just wondering if anyone of you have tried ordering a laptop from the UK and shipped it using PM to the Republic? I recently just ordered one from Lenovo and I'm unsure whether it would be accepted due to sizing and if I would need to purchase Extended Liability just for protection.

Thank you very much.

The PM website gives you the dimensions and the liability. I would increase it for high value goods such as a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Thank you very much.

Got a laptop few weeks ago from lenovo, the size will be fine to fit locker as they ship the laptop box with no other packaging.

Do purchase higher liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 razortth

whiterebel wrote: »
    The PM website gives you the dimensions and the liability. I would increase it for high value goods such as a laptop
    dan786 wrote: »
    Got a laptop few weeks ago from lenovo, the size will be fine to fit locker as they ship the laptop box with no other packaging.

Do purchase higher liability.

Thanks for the info.

My order information says it has just been released for manufacturing. It also says that it is expected to ship on 10th July and expected to arrive on 20th July. Now considering the validity of such liabilities of just 14 days, should I purchase higher extension only by the time the laptop is ready to ship?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks for the info.

My order information says it has just been released for manufacturing. It also says that it is expected to ship on 10th July and expected to arrive on 20th July. Now considering the validity of such liabilities of just 14 days, should I purchase higher extension only by the time the laptop is ready to ship?

You don't need to do anything with PM until its on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Thanks for the info.

You will get a UPS tracking number and it will tell you the day of delivery. I would recommend purchasing the liability starting 1/2 days in advance of the scheduled delivery date from UPS.

Parcel Motel have said they think my parcel arrived opened but they can't prove it, so they are accepting liability of €100. I've also gotten on to Amazon because although I can't tell whether the parcel was opened from the picture, the packaging does look extremely flimsy for such a high value item. They are conducting their own investigation and said they'd get back to me over the weekend.

magoo84 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel have said they think my parcel arrived opened but they can't prove it, so they are accepting liability of €100. I've also gotten on to Amazon because although I can't tell whether the parcel was opened from the picture, the packaging does look extremely flimsy for such a high value item. They are conducting their own investigation and said they'd get back to me over the weekend.

PM should have noticed it was opened when they received it and notified you immediately (or else rejected it).

If it was stolen by an employee, liability is irrelevant - liability doesn't cover employee theft/malfeasance.

PM should have noticed it was opened when they received it and notified you immediately (or else rejected it).

If it was stolen by an employee, liability is irrelevant - liability doesn't cover employee theft/malfeasance.

Yeah absolutely. You would think they might weigh the parcel or have some basic checks. It's clear from this experience that they do not give a flying f**k. It also seems that as a consumer I don't have a leg to stand on.
    ComReg don't regulate PM. PM can't find the parcel but "think" it arrived opened.

Amazon.de are doing their own investigation, they're my last hope.

• Advertisement

so my parcel didn't come and i now need to process a claim :(

then to make matters worse, i need to get a pressie for my kid from amazon which won't ship to ireland and its £100.

i looked at address pal as after the mess up lately i'd rather not use PM again but it appears they only cover up to €40 and i can't see where i can extend liability with them

i assume if using PM i would need to get extended liability as it is more than €100.

any advice?

Advertisement