Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

kiffy wrote: »
    Should be able to make it now, only an hour and a half from Askeaton. Can't wait to try some flavours, still can't find one that hits the right buttons, the pear 10ml off TBS was good but no 30ml or 50ml, might give watermelon a go when they get back.

Haven't spent any money on vaping in the last week :) got about 10 bottles of juice to through and more batteries n bits to open my own store, happy with my LT batteries lasted me 44hrs, 36hrs and last one 28hrs and counting, and thats on roughly 3ml's a day on 18mg.

Can't wait to win my Provari in the raffle ;)

might see if any rooms left for the night, it would be a struggle be there all day without a few Bulmers light.
    50 days off fags yesterday and not going to count anymore, no point haven't wanted one since day one :D[/QUOTE

Its great you can make it kiffy and will be even better if your staying as promises to be a good session and laugh. Even if the rooms were gone in hotel there are other Hotels and B&Bs nearby as well. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Should be able to make it now, only an hour and a half from Askeaton. Can't wait to try some flavours, still can't find one that hits the right buttons, the pear 10ml off TBS was good but no 30ml or 50ml, might give watermelon a go when they get back.

Haven't spent any money on vaping in the last week :) got about 10 bottles of juice to through and more batteries n bits to open my own store, happy with my LT batteries lasted me 44hrs, 36hrs and last one 28hrs and counting, and thats on roughly 3ml's a day on 18mg.

Can't wait to win my Provari in the raffle ;)

might see if any rooms left for the night, it would be a struggle be there all day without a few Bulmers light.
    50 days off fags yesterday and not going to count anymore, no point haven't wanted one since day one :D

I haven't counted the days in quite a while but I'm probably around 80 or so since I made the switch not long after getting together with my girlfriend.

I'm definitely going to be making this trip on the day from Limerick but still haven't decided on whether or not I will be staying but I'm willing to offer my car up for carpooling if anyone's interested! PM me if you're looking for a way up from Limerick City!

Also Kiffy, that ProVari is MINE!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I put an app on my phone at the time so that's the only reason I know - 10 weeks this Friday :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

CJKeane wrote: »
    I haven't counted the days in quite a while but I'm probably around 80 or so since I made the switch not long after getting together with my girlfriend.

I'm definitely going to be making this trip on the day from Limerick but still haven't decided on whether or not I will be staying but I'm willing to offer my car up for carpooling if anyone's interested! PM me if you're looking for a way up from Limerick City!

Also Kiffy, that ProVari is MINE!!!:pac::pac::pac:

Will get back to you on the car pooling as I am strongly thinking of staying overnight so I can have a few pints during the day, I will be looking forward to a few ciders while puffing on my Gold Provari ;)

CJ you've no chance of winning it, my name is on it already I can feel it in my water.:D

BTW Out of curiosity are the batteries for the Provari and the Lavatube the same? (the 18650 ones) from what I've read on sites they seem the same?? and should work on both models, would save on buying batteries and a charger.

I hope a vender has Provari's for sale coz if I don't win one I will definitely buy one on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

BTW Out of curiosity are the batteries for the Provari and the Lavatube the same? (the 18650 ones) from what I've read on sites they seem the same?? and should work on both models, would save on buying batteries and a charger.

I hope a vender has Provari's for sale coz if I don't win one I will definitely buy one on the day.

The Provari uses batteries with a nipple top while the Lavatube uses ones with a flat top. However, if you use magnetic spacers on the flat tops they can be used on your new Provari. I think 18490 are the standard battery for the Provari but you can use 18650 (bigger and last longer) if you buy an end-cap which extends the device. Provari is great but extremely expensive when you consider all the decent vv's that are on the market now at a much cheaper price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Bubba9 wrote: »
    The Provari uses batteries with a nipple top while the Lavatube uses ones with a flat top. However, if you use magnetic spacers on the flat tops they can be used on your new Provari. I think 18490 are the standard battery for the Provari but you can use 18650 (bigger and last longer) if you buy an end-cap which extends the device. Provari is great but extremely expensive when you consider all the decent vv's that are on the market now at a much cheaper price.

Thanks for that info Bubba, wouldn't you just bloody know one of them would have to be different and awkward.

As you say there are plenty of other vv's out there much cheaper, but it's the Rolls Royce of vaping, why settle for a Skoda when you can have a Rolls :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Well done to Newmark for getting this organised. It looks like it's going to be a great event with loads of brilliant prizes. I'll be away so won't be able to make it but I hope everyone has a great time and hope there will be lots of photos taken and it will become an annual event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Newmark, excellent work!

Hotel booked - looking forward to it now

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Another good one Newmark.

Yes, it was nice of him to mention it :)

chacal wrote: »
    Newmark, excellent work!

Hotel booked - looking forward to it now

Great stuff can't wait myself now, I'm counting the days!! :D

I never realised there are so many newspapers in Ireland, I just send over 50 separate email & website contact emails requesting a feature for Vapefest Ireland. I need a vape!!

Bargain Vapour have announced a partnership with DKS E-liquid of Italy and in association with DKS-Eliquid will be providing Vapefest Ireland with a 10ml bottle of each flavour from their 100% natural patented e-liquid range for the Monster Raffle.

Its also looking like DKS E-liquid may be joining us at Vapefest Ireland on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

newmark wrote: »
    Bargain Vapour have announced a partnership with DKS E-liquid of Italy and in association with DKS-Eliquid will be providing Vapefest Ireland with a 10ml bottle of each flavour from their 100% natural patented e-liquid range for the Monster Raffle.

Its also looking like DKS E-liquid may be joining us at Vapefest Ireland on the day :)

You deserve a pint for all this. Maybe even two.. Maybe :-)

Ah no need for that.. 2 pints of e-liquid is way too much, 1 is more than enough :D:D:D Sorry couldn't resist, lol...

Is there anyone any good at making video clips for youtube who might volunteer to put together a teaser video clip for Vapefest Ireland that includes a picture of venue, vendors logos, pics of prizes, the leprechaun with the gold provari and some feelgood lively background music ? I could embed it on the website as well maybe.

EZsmoke in association with Jasper and Jasper have announced additional prizes for the raffle including 2 x Revive Starter kits and 2 x Mini Explorer Starter Kits. EZsmoke will also have some Impulse Jasper and Jasper Disposable Ecigs to give away from their stand on the day. :)

As always further details are available on the Vapefest Ireland website

e-smokeireland have also added to their raffle pot and as part of their exclusive agreement with House of Liquid to bring the el toro range of e-liquids to Ireland are throwing in 9 x 50mls of E-liquid, 3 each of the Naturales, Puros and Eden flavours. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Shiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

ESI stepping up the game in terms of juice....the only reason I've never tried the El toro stuff is the fact I'll have to wait for it with shipping from the uk, so damn annoying....

DKS-Eliquid from Italy have confirmed with Bargainvapour that they will coming to Vapefest Ireland :D

if anyone is on the new forum Planet Of The Vapes, Vapefest Ireland has its own forum there now so I will keep that updated with event news as well :)
    Heres a link.
    http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?109-2012-Irish-Vapefest

I'm just back from Abbeyleix. I went up there to finalise some arrangements with the hotel for the event and I was really impressed with the Hotel so thought I'd share my thoughts with ye.

The hotel itself is fabulous and the room where the event is on is really nice and I'm not just saying it to hype the event but its perfect for a Vapefest, Ye will see what I mean on the day. The room for event will take 300 or more people easily and has a fine size bar, nice tables/chairs, decor, etc!
    There's room for overflow as well with a lovely conservatory hallway with tables and chairs and a nice outside seated area too if the weather is fine.

The main bar in the hotel where its hoped to have a bit of crack in the evening and into the early hours is a fine big modern bar and the staff are really friendly there as well. I ended up talking to a few of them and enjoyed a vape and a cup of coffee while explaining what vaping is all about to some of them. A couple of them who are smokers are even going to come to the event and thinking of giving vaping a go to try get off of tobacco.

I'm also currently looking for a printing company to sponsor a big banner sign for the day and maybe some posters or leaflets. I've contacted a good few companies and am awaiting replies so hopefully one of them might help.

Anyways I'll shut up now I'm rambling! :)

The lads in Vaporcast gave Vapefest Ireland a mention in their latest podcast and in doing so had an attempt to put on an Irish accent. I nearly fell of the chair laughing when I heard it. http://feeds.feedburner.com/vaporcast/podcast Its in the final 1/5 of it for anyone that want to listen.

Davek also gave another mention in last night's episode of Daves Tacklebox on Vaportrails TV http://www.vapourtrails.tv/?p=4110 from about 5 minutes onwards

I just did an interview with the Clare Champion newspaper on Vapefest and they are going to do a piece on it :o

• Advertisement

It amazing when you get a shout out somewhere like steve k's vaping world based in the united states the way word gets around.

I just found a post on an Italian forum referring to Vapefest Ireland thanks to Steve'ks article. http://www.vapers.it/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44&sid=721d0fbf2049304063ad69a197673beb

All good to promote our event. I really cant wait for it now, it will be so good to be able to vape and talk and drink and vape and talk and vape and vape and talk and drink and talk and vape a bit more with fellow vapers instead of being looked at weird and asked a hundred times an hour what is that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭donkey oatey

Thanks to the vaping forum, I have been a non smoking vaper for 3 weeks! Now I'm very keen to come to vapefest but I don't have transport. Is the venue anywhere near public transport or are there any car share situations from Dublin? Thanks!

Thanks to the vaping forum, I have been a non smoking vaper for 3 weeks! Now I'm very keen to come to vapefest but I don't have transport. Is the venue anywhere near public transport or are there any car share situations from Dublin? Thanks!

Hi Donkey oatey and congrats on been off the tobacco 3 weeks. I will keep my ear to the ground and if I hear of anyone offering alift from Dublin I'll send you a PM. If all else fails you could get the bus from Dublin to Portloise and then get the Portlaoise to Johnstown 128 service that takes 10 minutes to get from Portlaoise to Abbeyleix. I have attached the timetables for buses if you wanted to check if the times would work out for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh ****, just realised there's a bus direct from carlow to abbeyleix

hooray

--edit

ugh, no. only the 6pm from carlow goes to abbeyleix. that's a bit late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

oh ****, just realised there's a bus direct from carlow to abbeyleix

hooray

--edit

ugh, no. only the 6pm from carlow goes to abbeyleix. that's a bit late

Was talking to herself last night and we might be staying with friends in carlow on the Friday night, if you want a spin?

You can find your own shagging way back though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Ill just come live with you in cork, it's all cool

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭donkey oatey

Hi Donkey oatey and congrats on been off the tobacco 3 weeks. I will keep my ear to the ground and if I hear of anyone offering alift from Dublin I'll send you a PM. If all else fails you could get the bus from Dublin to Portloise and then get the Portlaoise to Johnstown 128 service that takes 10 minutes to get from Portlaoise to Abbeyleix. I have attached the timetables for buses if you wanted to check if the times would work out for you.

You're a star! Thanks for that. Hate trying to work out transport with the bus eireann and irish rail sites. Guess I'll be seeing you guys in September then. Yay!

Ill just come live with you in cork, it's all cool

On 2 conditions I'll allow it,

1: throathit is required as a security deposit
    2: you explain 2 herself whats going on

This is the article from today's Clare Champion Newspaper regarding Vapefest Ireland. I don't see it on their website so I scanned it but hopefully they might put it up on the website as well. :)

If anyone finds it hard to read try right clicking on image and save it to your desktop and then open the image on your pc where you then should be able to see it properly.

2a6uoll.jpg

top marks again Shane!

You seriously deserve a medal for the work you're doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Reading through this and i think i'll be able to make it!

I have just gotten an ecig so hopefully i will use it and continue to use it!

Once you find a juice(or a couple that you like) you'll soon see the money start to build up in your bank account from not smoking....that's the fact alone that keeps me off them.

Reading through this and i think i'll be able to make it!

I have just gotten an ecig so hopefully i will use it and continue to use it!

I clicked on the link for your youtube channel a while ago and the first thing that came into my head was that you would make a great e-cig reviewer, you'd never know you might end up doing video reviews of ecigs and juice if you really take to the vaping!

Hope you can make it anyway it should be a good crack :D

I clicked on the link for your youtube channel a while ago and the first thing that came into my head was that you would make a great e-cig reviewer, you'd never know you might end up doing video reviews of ecigs and juice if you really take to the vaping!

Hope you can make it anyway it should be a good crack :D

Now there's a thought!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Now there's a thought!!!!!!

Maybe you could start doing a video on your whole ecig experience that would be interesting!

Maybe you could start doing a video on your whole ecig experience that would be interesting!

Just recorded the first video on it. You got a mention! :D

mentioned Vapefest at the end too and if i get to it i'll do a bit of recording there too

Just recorded the first video on it. You got a mention! :D

Jaysus you don't hang around lol..

Any links to the video or YT channel?

"Blatant Self Whoring" in his sig

eeloe wrote: »
    Any links to the video or YT channel?

hasn't gone up yet

I'm on mobile 99% of the time with sigs turned off, unfortunately!

eeloe wrote: »
    I'm on mobile 99% of the time with sigs turned off, unfortunately!

In that case http://www.youtube.com/dirtybollox

Actually a crackin' video, top marks Dirty! :-)

• Advertisement

Enjoyed watching that and fair play for giving Vapefest a shout out :)

Advertisement