Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 alarm battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

uberwolf wrote: »
    It doesn't say on the actual interface. The one box I have says sw10-70 on it. We had the thing installed by a charlatan who told us he was registered but I subsequently couldn't find him on the register - so the details I have are sketchy

He could be registered as a sole trader so he'll be listed as "Joe Bloggs Trading as Bell security" for example.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did he issue you a cert?
    His licence number & the certification body would be on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

He could be registered as a sole trader so he'll be listed as "Joe Bloggs Trading as Bell security" for example.

:D Joe Bloggs wishes he owned Bell Security / Nasquhia / Stanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

KoolKid wrote: »
    Did he issue you a cert?
    His licence number & the certification body would be on that?

no he did not. First I was alerted to the PSA and need to be registered was when I was reading my house insurance proposal form. He happened to be there when I received this, so I asked him quoting from the form whether he was registered and the work compliant with the relevant standard. He said that he was and it was.

So, he should have provided me with a cert and in all liklihood I need someone with a cert to review and certify the work?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should have been given a cert to say the installation conforms to EN50131-1.
    If he is say he is licensed by the PSA and certified by a certification body he should have no problem issuing you with a cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

You should have been given a cert to say the installation conforms to EN50131-1.
    If he is say he is licensed by the PSA and certified by a certification body he should have no problem issuing you with a cert.

We've asked for it and it seems to be always the next day

uberwolf wrote: »
    We've asked for it and it seems to be always the next day
    Try telling him you will ring the PSA on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

FYI I got a replacement panel battery in National Electric Wholesale (new.ie) - cost €36 which is an impressive markup for what is essentially 8 AA batteries in a plastic wrapper with a wire sticking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

loyatemu wrote: »
    FYI I got a replacement panel battery in National Electric Wholesale (new.ie) - cost €36 which is an impressive markup for what is essentially 8 AA batteries in a plastic wrapper with a wire sticking out.

Why didn't you save yourself all that money and make a pack up yourself with a few AA batteries?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can someone send me the manual also please,
    my panel is saying the control panel battery needs replacement.. its 3.5 years old,
    €36 does seem a tad expensive for the battery pack alright! from reading the thread maybe should I just reset the battery, I assume that the system does test the battery and if it discovers it to be not up to the task does the system still tell you?
    thanks

• Advertisement

PMed you that manual.
    There is a battery timertimer on HKC systems. This triggers by time rather than the battery performance or condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

on the other hand, rechargeable NiMh batteries have a limited lifespan if they're constantly on charge. €36 every 5 years is not too bad. I've replaced mine but unfortunately still have the message as I haven't been able to get hold of the installer (and the engineers code is not the default).

Everything has a life span but IMO a good battery should clear the alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

It's a shame that the alert has to be cleared via an engineer. It's a timer that has to be reset

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lenny wrote: »
    from reading the thread maybe should I just reset the battery, I assume that the system does test the battery and if it discovers it to be not up to the task does the system still tell you?
    thanks

From an end users point of view, all alarm systems do is check for the voltage on the battery.
    Once it drops below 9V on the Quantum it will flag as a faulty internal battery.
    As has been said above NiMh batteries have a limited lifespan once on constant charge.
    The timer does not indicate performance or the life span of the back up battery in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 martmcc

I've PMed you the manual for your alarm. That might help as well.

Any chance you can send me the manual - need to change the battery in my parents system.

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭knealecat

Hi KoolKid

i am getting low battery fault in my HTC Quantun 70, any chance you could pm me the engineers manual please

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeromec2

hi KoolKid, could you please send me the manual also as I have the same problem.

• Advertisement

PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeromec2

Thanks KoolKid, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tim200786

hello all

Koolkid would i be able to get a copy of that user manual as i have this very same battery issue. The system was installed in 2013 so most likely just the batteries need changing.

what is the specification of the the control panel battery? It appears to be just 6 AA batteries connected.

Thanks.

I PMed you that manual.
    Might be just the battery timer needs to be reset. HKC systems now have a battery timer set to alert you after 3 years regardless of the state of the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tim200786

Thanks for that.
    Maybe I'll give the timer reset a try first so!
    Is the timer reset procedure in the manual?

Yep. Should be.
    Engineer>Engineer Tools Menu>Battery menu>Replace battery Pack

• Registered Users Posts: 6 docdave

hi Kool Kid, could you please send me the manual?
    I have this same problem.
    thank you,
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 king_pugwash

Hell Kool Kid,
    Please could you send me the manual?
    I have this same problem too.

Thank you,

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Richard[/font]

PMed you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Willieor1

Hi kook Kid would you mind pm me the manual as I have same problem.

Thank you

Advertisement