Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 alarm battery

Options
  • 08-04-2016 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys

Any idea on changing battery on a HKC Quantum 70 alarm. Is it a case of unscrewing the panel?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

What message is the system giving you?

It may be a low battery in a detector or a sounder, so might not necessarily be the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Frasier

Thanks Kub

Not sure as it's my parents. I will call and check.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could also be a device showing low battery. How long has the system been installed?

Hi

It's in a few years. It's the control panel battery. I had the electricity off today and ready to remove cover but cannot see screws or clips. Any ideas

Thanks for replies by the way guys

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

On the key part there is two white(left side) tabs that are covering the acrewsscrews, slide the tabs off to reveal them

• Advertisement

Cheers Lenny

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I've PMed you the manual for your alarm. That might help as well.

Thanks very much Cool Kid. Much appreciated

No problem. If you are still struggling come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

KoolKid wrote: »
    No problem. If you are still struggling come back to me.

Hello KoolKid

I have the same panel and issue, would you mind sending me the manual too?

Lost

• Advertisement

PMed you the manual.

Back again!!

I changed the battery but still saying battery needs to be changed. Any ideas.

In the manual there is a programming menu which includes replace battery pack. Do I need to "tell" the system that I changed the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes. You need to enter the battery menu and reset the battery timer. It's set to three years as HKC can't guarantee that it will sufficiently power the system when it reaches that age.

Goto replace battery pack & press YES.
    This resets the timer for 5 years.
    See manual 13-138

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

Our system was installed in June 2014. It seems a short time to need a replacement control panel battery. Are you saying that the message is coming just because it was set to do so by a timer, and not because the battery actually has a problem?

D

The timer is 5 years. If its only installed in 2014 it certainly shouldn't need replacing already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cth

Hi Kool Kid, I have exactly the same issue . Can you PM me a copy of the engineering manual as well? Thx

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cth

All sorted now. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

PMed you that.

Hi Koolkid, could you PM me the engineering manual also, I have the same issue and need to reset the time to 5 years also.

many thanks.

• Advertisement

PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

thanks koolkid, got the manual there.

No problem. If you need anything come back to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm having the same issue as other posters the control panel battery pack needs relplacing were can I get a new battery and how much do they cost thanks.

How long is this system installed?
    Those battery packs are available in most suppliers.
    Take a look at the sticky.

How long is this system installed?
    Those battery packs are available in most suppliers.
    Take a look at the sticky.

Since 2012 I will have a look thanks.

I would be expecting a bit longer from a panel battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭altor

Since 2012 I will have a look thanks.

Timer is set at 3 years for the battery.
    Even if you replace the battery you will need to reset the timer in the battery menu.

I would be expecting a bit longer from a panel battery.

An earlier poster says that HKC can't guarantee the battery after 3 years is this not the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

An earlier poster says that HKC can't guarantee the battery after 3 years is this not the case.

Yes. After 3 years there's no gaureentee the battery will run the system for 12 hours. You can simply reset the timer but it's recommended to replace the pack if you want to keep the system in top condition.

Advertisement