Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options
  • 13-06-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello! Could anybody tell me the Engineering Code for the HKC SecureWatch Alarm System as I have lost the manual.
    Alternatively does anybody know if the manual is accessible on the Net?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Hi Knysna,

The HKC factory engineer code is 1234.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 knysna

Hi Derekg34, Thank you for the info re the Engineer Code. I'm afraid it did not work. The people who installed the alarm must have changed the code. I believe I have a right to know this code is this not so. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

User code 1111
    Engineer code 4567

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Cadzer wrote: »
    User code 1111
    Engineer code 4567

Cadzer is right there.
    Its written on the circuit board inside the unit (not the panel, the other box with the pcb and battery).

I've a question about the menus.....
    The way the alarm is set up on my apartment is fine, but when the alarm goes off, only the external siren goes off. There is no internal "siren".
    Is there an option to turn this on?
    Had a look through the menus myself but I didn't want to mess with the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Did it ever work? If so, it has probably just gone faulty. If not, there may not be one fitted. There is nothing in the programming that would cause the external sounder to ring without the internal.

• Advertisement

Another thing to do is set off the alarm look out at the Externial Bell and see if the Strobe is flashing?
    If it is then i would say that there is something wrong with the internail wiring as the internail ball and strobe are driven from the same onboard outputs!

That is if the apartment has a bell wired at all.Is there one mounted in the apartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Redbarn

lafors wrote: »
    Cadzer is right there.
    Its written on the circuit board inside the unit (not the panel, the other box with the pcb and battery).

Its been a while for this post I know. I also have one of these. for some reason all lights have come on on the panel (was painting around the pcb board may have caused it) Its coming up with access denied for everything and its looking for a 6 digit code. There is a number inside on the pcb board but this is only 5 digits.

Anyone any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I have one of these also. We bought the house about 3 and a half - 4 years ago and have never used the alarm. This morning the alarm went off and I think it was due to a dropped trip switch. We woke up to hear the actual panel beeping, the same noise as we always get when we have a power cut. However, my wife tried to stop it beeping and ended up setting off the internal siren (I think the outside one was disabled when we bought the house).

We tried everything to get it knocked off and tried ringing contact numbers on the box only to find that the company no longer exist, so eventually, I had to open the internal siren box and I snipped the wires for some peace. The thing is, I have been looking here and on the HKC website etc and I even located the main control panel and opened it to look at the pcb inside and according to that and all accounts here, the engineer code is 04567 or the user code is 01111, but I have tried these and nothing happens??

Am I correct in assuming that the 0 puts it in number entry mode and the actual code is 4567 or 1111? If so, do I do anything else after inputting the numbers, or should it immediately disarm? For example, do I type in 04567 and then # or something??

Also, I see a jumper on the board in the control panel called factory reset. I removed this and put it back but it doesnt seem to have made a difference. Maybe it has to be off for a certain length of time? Any help would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Did the alarm stop after you snipped the internal wiring?

If so, then why do you want to know? The alarm company is no longer in business, you said yourself you never used the alarm, and you have now voided the warranty. Put the cover back on and go enjoy the rest of your saturday. If you decide you want an alarm, contact a new alarm company and get them to fit a new one. Otherwise, just leave it.

The sound has stopped but the strobe light is still flashing on the box outside the house and there is still a very "faint" sound from the internal box. Whether this noise will be an issue or not, I dont know and wont know until tonight when the house is quiet as its situated outside the bedrooms.

I dont care about voiding the warranty. I just want to DISARM it.

• Advertisement

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    The sound has stopped but the strobe light is still flashing on the box outside the house and there is still a very "faint" sound from the internal box. Whether this noise will be an issue or not, I dont know and wont know until tonight when the house is quiet as its situated outside the bedrooms.

I dont care about voiding the warranty. I just want to DISARM it.

Whene you moved into the house were you given a code to set and unset the alarm panel?
    If you were thats the code that you must enter to disarm the alarm panel. What has probably happend is the engineer has entered a user code and it has written over the default code.

Yep. You're right
    Default codes seem to have been overwritten
    As for receiving a code, we probably did, but as we never used the alarm, we no longer have it. Anyway, the alarm is still going off to this day, but somebody has kindly sent me a PM with contact details, saying they will explain how to reset the system and I will contact them tomorrow to finally switch it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

knysna wrote: »
    Hello! Could anybody tell me the Engineering Code for the HKC SecureWatch Alarm System as I have lost the manual.

I have an owners manual and here is the address for HKC Ltd in Dublin.

Parkway Business centre
    Ballymount,
    Dublin 24.

T.456 8353

Web: www.hkc.ie
    Email: sales@hkc.ie

@OP

Here is the owners manual link which you can indeed download from HKC website.

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Downloads.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sss.ie

i love the idea that people are up on this site talking about how to default alarm panels.

WHY?

Why do you put in alarmS into your homes? Is it to help prevent your homes from been broken in to? I presume none of you know each other? but now you have told people how to default you alarm panel in your home. why? the reson why you can get alarm Eng manuals is because of security. then people get onto a site and give all this information away. if that the case i should tell all of you how to by pass most alarm, stop communication to eircom and other ACR's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

sss.ie wrote: »
    i love the idea that people are up on this site talking about how to default alarm panels.

WHY?

Why do you put in alarmS into your homes? Is it to help prevent your homes from been broken in to? I presume none of you know each other? but now you have told people how to default you alarm panel in your home. why? the reson why you can get alarm Eng manuals is because of security. then people get onto a site and give all this information away. if that the case i should tell all of you how to by pass most alarm, stop communication to eircom and other ACR's.

if you read the posts there is no one saying how to default the panels, they are talking about factory default codes which the engineer will have changed when he installed the panel. defaulting your own panel is not advisable as there are setting that have to be changed in the programming for the alarm system to work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sss.ie

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    I have one of these also. We bought the house about 3 and a half - 4 years ago and have never used the alarm. This morning the alarm went off and I think it was due to a dropped trip switch. We woke up to hear the actual panel beeping, the same noise as we always get when we have a power cut. However, my wife tried to stop it beeping and ended up setting off the internal siren (I think the outside one was disabled when we bought the house).

We tried everything to get it knocked off and tried ringing contact numbers on the box only to find that the company no longer exist, so eventually, I had to open the internal siren box and I snipped the wires for some peace. The thing is, I have been looking here and on the HKC website etc and I even located the main control panel and opened it to look at the pcb inside and according to that and all accounts here, the engineer code is 04567 or the user code is 01111, but I have tried these and nothing happens??

Am I correct in assuming that the 0 puts it in number entry mode and the actual code is 4567 or 1111? If so, do I do anything else after inputting the numbers, or should it immediately disarm? For example, do I type in 04567 and then # or something??

Also, I see a jumper on the board in the control panel called factory reset. I removed this and put it back but it doesnt seem to have made a difference. Maybe it has to be off for a certain length of time? Any help would be appreciated

read this, yes it is said. the LK1 is spoke about. anyway i dont care as i dont use HKC, if HKC are that tick to print codes on the panel there is something wrong.

sss.ie wrote: »
    read this, yes it is said. the LK1 is spoke about. anyway i dont care as i dont use HKC, if HKC are that tick to print codes on the panel there is something wrong.

i have read this but did he say how to reset the default on the panel, no is the answer.. it only gives factory codes on the panel for installers but i am sure if you install alarms you change this code as with all panels there is a factory code..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CarlightExpress

Hi There

I also have recently moved into a house where there is a hkc alarm, the previous people changed the user code and the install company have gone out of business.

I have already disconnected the power, battery and the JP1 jumper on the panel, when I power the alarm back up, I see the control panel booting up and then the internal siren activates.

I've tried 4567, 1234, 04567, 01234 but nothing seems to work, it looks like it is asking for a 6 digit number, any ideas?

Is there a specific keypress you need to perform to be able to enter the code?

Hi There

I also have recently moved into a house where there is a hkc alarm, the previous people changed the user code and the install company have gone out of business.

I have already disconnected the power, battery and the JP1 jumper on the panel, when I power the alarm back up, I see the control panel booting up and then the internal siren activates.

I've tried 4567, 1234, 04567, 01234 but nothing seems to work, it looks like it is asking for a 6 digit number, any ideas?

Is there a specific keypress you need to perform to be able to enter the code?

Sometimes the panel is engineer locked so wont allow the panel to be returned to factory settings. Bringing the panel back to factory settings can cause people problems when part setting the panel at night if they have a beam in the house or if you have a panic button as the zone type has to be changed for this to work also so be careful..
    Try 1111..
    I have sent you a pm if you want any advise on this..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CarlightExpress

Thanks Altor for all your help, damn engineers locking out the panels...lol

Thanks Altor for all your help, damn engineers locking out the panels...lol

Your welcome, always here to help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nabs

My alarm keeps on going off even though it's not switched on. Very odd. I can stop it fine using my code. However I just don't understand why an alarm could possibly go off when it's not switched on. Would someone have any idea? Thanks!

Nabs wrote: »
    My alarm keeps on going off even though it's not switched on. Very odd. I can stop it fine using my code. However I just don't understand why an alarm could possibly go off when it's not switched on. Would someone have any idea? Thanks!

Hi Nabs,

You must have a faulty sensor on the system. When you enter your code on the alarm to turn it off it should give you some indication of what zone or fault is setting off the alarm e.g. zone number or name. If this is the case you should get the alarm serviced to determine and fix the problem.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ista

Hello,
    I have a HKC Securewatch 6/10 system installed. I want to add on an aritech wireless bridge receiver to monitor/secure a remote garage about 5/6 metres from the house. Do i need an HKC zone expander even though there is a spare zone on the existing panel? How is the aritech wired to the existing panel?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

knysna wrote: »

IMO the engineers code is the installer so you should the Alarm company who installed it.

I had one of these HKC installed in my crib and there is a website,see below for downloading the Owners Manual .

HKC Ltd
    Parkway Business Centre- Ballymount- Dublin 12.

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Downloads.htm

ista wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have a HKC Securewatch 6/10 system installed. I want to add on an aritech wireless bridge receiver to monitor/secure a remote garage about 5/6 metres from the house. Do i need an HKC zone expander even though there is a spare zone on the existing panel? How is the aritech wired to the existing panel?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi ista,

If your only putting in 1 motion or two sensors you will be grand with the one zone. The best way to wire the quick bridge is set the zone on the HKC to dual EOL and then connect the cable to the quick bridge, more secure if someone cuts the cable between them. So you should twist two resistor legs together, putting the two free legs off them across the alarm of the HKC alarm zone. The cable that goes to the quick bridge gets joined to the resistor legs you have twisted together and the other end into the zone you want to use on the quick bridge.

Hope this helps,
    Any problems let me know..

Hi Altor,

I had to buy an expander in the end, didnt have a spare zone. I did as you suggested and fitted the 2 resistors accross alarm of zone 7 of the expander and wired cable to receiver terminal no. 1. This according to the install guide is a supervised N/O loop. I programmed 3 wireless sensors on 3 separate zones of the quickbridge and tested...all fine and programmed unused zones to be non-supervised. I programmed the connected zones N/O as per receiver loop qbridge connection and the trouble outputs the same but the HKC kpad is indicating a tamper on zone 7 and the quickbridge on zone 8 is reading tamper(reserved for cover and antennae). I then programmed zones and trouble outputs N/C with the same HKC kpad message.
    Just cant get rid of this tamper?

Hope you can make sense of this, appreciate your input.

Ista.

ista wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

I had to buy an expander in the end, didnt have a spare zone. I did as you suggested and fitted the 2 resistors accross alarm of zone 7 of the expander and wired cable to receiver terminal no. 1. This according to the install guide is a supervised N/O loop. I programmed 3 wireless sensors on 3 separate zones of the quickbridge and tested...all fine and programmed unused zones to be non-supervised. I programmed the connected zones N/O as per receiver loop qbridge connection and the trouble outputs the same but the HKC kpad is indicating a tamper on zone 7 and the quickbridge on zone 8 is reading tamper(reserved for cover and antennae). I then programmed zones and trouble outputs N/C with the same HKC kpad message.
    Just cant get rid of this tamper?

Hope you can make sense of this, appreciate your input.

Ista.

Hi Ista,

They should be programed in as N/C. Make sure you have the zone set up for dual EOL also. What type sensors are you installing on the quick bridge ?

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,

The sensors I'm using are GE type part no. NX-450N-I RF32014-N 433MHZ wireless type. The Securewatch panel is reading 'zone 7 garage' and the quickbridge zone 8 output is on registering a 'tamper'-default for this zone. Everything seems to be set up correctly and sensors set to n/c. Not sure where to go next????

Ista.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement