Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 alarm battery

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are not really any wholesalers with pricing online.Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are not really any wholesalers with pricing online.Where are you located?

South Dublin 18

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are a few around Ballymount that would be handy enough for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭mikelata

KoolKid wrote: »
    Plenty of suppliers around would have these for you.

Maybe I am not looking properly, but I cannot find the battery in any of the links from the suppliers listed in the sticky.

(If possible) if anyone can post or PM a shop that has the battery it'd be very useful to save me time physically shopping around :-)

Thanks

This is a very common component. If you walk into any of the suppliers listed they would have them off the shelf.

• Advertisement

I will try that tomorrow

Might not be open on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GerSweeney

Hi folks, my alarm was installed in 2016 and I'm also getting the battery warning, i can't find the manual that was supplied, would it be possible for someone to forward it onto me please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

GerSweeney wrote:
    Hi folks, my alarm was installed in 2016 and I'm also getting the battery warning, i can't find the manual that was supplied, would it be possible for someone to forward it onto me please?

Ger we can't distribute or promote the distribution of copyright material here, sorry.

You'll have to try elsewhere or google it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GerSweeney

Stoner wrote: »
    Ger we can't distribute or promote the distribution of copyright material here, sorry.

You'll have to try elsewhere or google it

Hi, no problem, i read through the previous threads after i posted and seen that this wasn't allowed, thanks for the response.

• Advertisement

I finally managed to buy the battery!

Now, I cannot open the lid of the control panel :-) Anyone knows what the trick is?

Thanks

mikelata wrote: »
    I finally managed to buy the battery!

Now, I cannot open the lid of the control panel :-) Anyone knows what the trick is?

Thanks

I found the screws!

Next issue: when I started to unscrew the alarm started to beep and gave a tampering alert. Just to be sure, I can keep going without the Engineer code, right?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

mikelata wrote: »
    I found the screws!

Next issue: when I started to unscrew the alarm started to beep and gave a tampering alert. Just to be sure, I can keep going without the Engineer code, right?

Thanks

Well if it is a quantum, you will need engineer access in order to let the panel know that the battery has been replaced.

Your code will indeed stop it beeping.

kub wrote: »
    Well if it is a quantum, you will need engineer access in order to let the panel know that the battery has been replaced.

Your code will indeed stop it beeping.

Ok, so the beeping triggered by the tampering alert will stop with my user code, right?

Yes, I understand I need the Eng code to reset the 3-year timing.

Thanks

Advertisement