Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 alarm battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

altor wrote: »
    A quick look at the log plus devices menu would tell you what is happening if you have engineer access to the alarm.

Why did he replace batteries in the sensors for a sabb comms fault or is this a new issue?
    Distance from panel to bell would not be an issue if its only 8 meters.

What sticks out to me is surely the sabb should of been hardwired especially given its only 8 meters from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

alta stare wrote: »
    What sticks out to me is surely the sabb should of been hardwired especially given its only 8 meters from the panel.

If possible it should of been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

If possible it should of been.

Maybe they took the easy route. A handy number installing that system so. :D

alta stare wrote: »
    Maybe they took the easy route. A handy number installing that system so. :D

We will never know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HQ2011

We will never know :D

They did hand wire the bell to the panel, but i think either he just made a balls of it.

• Advertisement

HQ2011 wrote: »
    They did hand wire the bell to the panel, but i think either he just made a balls of it.

You should not be getting a fault on the bell if it is wired.
    If you are getting the fault then he has used a wire free one.
    I'm thinking he may of turned on the LEDs and only fitted one battery pack for the time scale you are saying. If so then the batteries may need replacing. If you fit the second battery pack it will keep the bell and LEDs alternating for up to 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Hi guys

Does anyone know how to disable the 30 second tone when turning on the alarm

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you want to set it instantly and stay in or just not have the sound but still have an exit time?
    What system is it? & do you have engineer access?

Hi guys

Does anyone know how to disable the 30 second tone when turning on the alarm

Cheers

0#5 is a full set with no exit time.
    0#7 and 0#8 are part sets for when in the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Muttonh

Hi Koolkid, I've just been reading through this thread and think I'm having the same issue. Replaced the battery in a HKC alarm and it's still saying battery fault. I think I need to reset the battery timer. Could you possibly PM me the manual? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Muttonh wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid, I've just been reading through this thread and think I'm having the same issue. Replaced the battery in a HKC alarm and it's still saying battery fault. I think I need to reset the battery timer. Could you possibly PM me the manual? Thanks

Who installed the system ?

We are not allowed share manuals due to copyright protection.

You will need the engineer code to do this yourself.

Enter engineer code, authorized by, user code.
    Service menu, press yes, engineer tools menu, press yes, battery menu, press yes.
    Scroll to replace battery, press yes.
    This resets the time.

Press quit till you see exit engineering, then press yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Muttonh

That's great guys, Thanks I'll give that a shot

That's great guys, Thanks I'll give that a shot

No Problem, any other questions let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭mikelata

Hi all,

I also need to change the battery. Does anybody have the manual?

Also, I have an annoying message telling me to "Service due, call engineer". How do I disable it?

Thanks

mikelata wrote: »
    Hi all,

I also need to change the battery. Does anybody have the manual?

Also, I have an annoying message telling me to "Service due, call engineer". How do I disable it?

Thanks

We are not allowed share manuals.

You would need the engineer code depending on software version on system to reset the timer menu for the battery.
    You would also need to go in and out of engineer mode to remove the service due.

You could try a default which would default the codes once not engineer locked.
    Power down system, mains and battery, remove factory link.
    Power up on battery, scroll to default codes and press yes.
    This would keep all programming but just default codes.
    If engineer locked you would need an engineer to default and set back up system for you.

We are not allowed share manuals.

You would need the engineer code depending on software version on system to reset the timer menu for the battery.
    You would also need to go in and out of engineer mode to remove the service due.

You could try a default which would default the codes once not engineer locked.
    Power down system, mains and battery, remove factory link.
    Power up on battery, scroll to default codes and press yes.
    This would keep all programming but just default codes.
    If engineer locked you would need an engineer to default and set back up system for you.

to get the engineer code, I guess I have to call the alarm supplier?
    I guess they won't be too happy to share it with me? As that code give them the power to enforce services into their clients?

thanks

I guess they won't be too happy to share it with me? As that code give them the power to enforce services into their clients?

thanks

I wouldn't say it did as that system can be defaulted and set back up.
    You could request they change the code if they do a call out, also get them to do a software update on the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thanks

Most installers can easily reset these systems so the engineer code is not really helping that supplier enforce anything on you.
    Many companies are also more than happy to share codes across companies,

Just to summarise,

I don't need the engineering code to change the battery pack of the front panel. I just need to:
    - Turn off the mains to the control panel.
    - Open the control panel
    - Replace battery.

To reset the timer and get rid of the annoying message, I need the engineering code

Is this correct?

Thanks

• Advertisement

That's correct.

KoolKid wrote: »
    That's correct.

Thanks, and the battery is 12v 7 amp ?

For the quantum?
    No, it's this one

https://images.app.goo.gl/YUXPH2VUE5m5ntps5

For the quantum?
    No, it's this one

https://images.app.goo.gl/YUXPH2VUE5m5ntps5

Any suggestion on where to buy the battery pack? I cannot figure out how to buy it online from mercury.

Cheers

Most of the suppliers listed in the sticky would have these. Where are you located?

Most of the suppliers listed in the sticky would have these. Where are you located?

Dublin.

Thanks

Plenty of suppliers around would have these for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Any idea where I can find a new door unit like the one attached?
    The skinner smaller part has broken off my door so that's the part i need replaced.

Do I need to get the alarm lad to come fit it or does anyone know what to do here?

Appreciate advice.

Thats an RF Unit. Thats going to be an expensive magnet if that's all you need.
    Most suppliers would stock them.
    If you are replacing the whole unit you will need an engineer code to enroll the new device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Thanks KoolKid.
    Any idea where I can find these online?

Want to get a price check on it.

The HKC site has no prices.

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/uk/product/rf-contact/
    Thats an RF Unit. Thats going to be an expensive magnet if that's all you need.
    Most suppliers would stock them.
    If you are replacing the whole unit you will need an engineer code to enroll the new device.

Advertisement