Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop & Scan Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

^another advantage of the old scanner - it (free)phones home when it wants to. You get an email if it fails for two weeks but since I got rid of UPC Horizon that doesn't happen anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

L1011 wrote: »
    ^another advantage of the old scanner - it (free)phones home when it wants to. You get an email if it fails for two weeks but since I got rid of UPC Horizon that doesn't happen anymore.

Mine is a little scanner no bigger than a USB key. I either scan as I shop or else as I unpack at home.
    It charges while being plugged into my laptop. No faffing required! All done in 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Can't find anything on the website about scanning receipts, only signed up a couple of months ago though. Do they no longer do that with new people? Just have a GSM handheld scanner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mine is a little scanner no bigger than a USB key. I either scan as I shop or else as I unpack at home.
    It charges while being plugged into my laptop. No faffing required! All done in 5 minutes

Plugging in and needing Windows *are* faffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

TheChizler wrote: »
    Can't find anything on the website about scanning receipts, only signed up a couple of months ago though. Do they no longer do that with new people? Just have a GSM handheld scanner.

I'm new too and i can upload receipts. You need to login to the website. On the left between My Rewards and Download Application, there is an option to submit till receipts.

• Advertisement

paulers06 wrote: »
    I'm new too and i can upload receipts. You need to login to the website. On the left between My Rewards and Download Application, there is an option to submit till receipts.

After logging in and I have no download application option, it goes Home, How to earn points, My rewards, FAQs, Visual guide, Consumer rights, About Kantar Worldpanel, and Contact us.

This is definitely shopandscan.ie right?

402955.png

Edit: I was able to guess the URL. Not sure why it doesn't show up by default.

https://www.shopandscan.ie/Home/SubmitTillReceipt.cfm?x=1

I'd be pretty confident that unless you are on a deal with an agreed rate for uploading receipts they don't want you to and won't pay you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

Not many options there, is it the opticon scanner you have? I've been there a year. My options on the left and the scanner I have.

124k97a.jpg

I managed to find the user manual for my scanner which is very handy, as I had to factory reset it when it wouldn't work (refused to scan halfway through the shopping and had to start from scratch!)

I'm jealous! :eek: I have to do it at home and use the book that came with the scanner! (who shopped, where, how much, then each item and was it on offer, or if it's loose stuff scan in the book item, organic, prepacked, loose etc faffing) Seems there are a few different systems in place with that lot.

I'd be pretty confident that unless you are on a deal with an agreed rate for uploading receipts they don't want you to and won't pay you.

Considering I had never heard of the receipts before this thread I'd imagine they didn't expect me to all right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Gormal wrote: »
    I'm jealous! :eek: I have to do it at home and use the book that came with the scanner! (who shopped, where, how much, then each item and was it on offer, or if it's loose stuff scan in the book item, organic, prepacked, loose etc faffing) Seems there are a few different systems in place with that lot.

That poster might have the book with them and enter the Purchaser and Shop Details there like. Just because they didn't mention it it doesn't mean that they don't do that too. Oooh had forgotten about scanning if pre-packed and special offers... Admittedly that does add time to your task too.

I was about to say, shure it only takes 2 minutes to enter the Purchaser and Shop details ya need out of the Book. There might be rare un-coded things ya need to refer to the Book for, but the book has coloured tabs for all the Sections doesn't it and you'll get fast at it after a while! Had never thought of actually doing it in the Shop while yer picking up the items and bring the Scanner and Book with ya. The Scanner is discreet enough, and as for the book shure people doing their shopping are usually looking at their own List on page or in phone or in Notebook or whatever so no-one will take any notice of ya and even if they do so what!

But then it occurred to me, the submission sequence order they request, is, Purchaser person you or other family member, then Shop Name, then Amount, and then all the Products. Soooo you would need to know the amount before ya start before Receipt is printed and issued! I wonder would ya get into trouble or not receive the points if ya did everything else and scanned the Amount amount at the end after the Transaction is done?!? I might email them and ask them this actually.

Shure look, we're always complaining! It's Vouchers for nothing really! And on that note, I'm just about to get my very first One4all Voucher for a not bad total of €15 to spend on myself! And I'm only a matter of weeks scanning.

Actually I was wondering, the maximum amount seems to be €15 so would that cause problems at Tills, - are they treated like Gift Vouchers where ya can only use 1 Voucher per sale?

Also what does Make Dream Reward mean?

You can save it up as much as you want and they will send you multiple €15 cards, I used 10 of them in Argos and you had to sign for every single one, sure took a while, but they take them and the receipt was very very very long....lol

I did say to Shop & Scan it would be better to have options in values, so less cards (surely it would cost less to purchase a 50 or 100 value?)

Not heard of Make Dream Reward.

I have my routine now, so it's no hassle when I get home. I got my hands on the manual for the zapper, which was just as well because the darn thing stopped functioning and I had to do a factory reset.

I find it's a great way to save up for something expensive or cash in for Christmas presents.

Different voucher values = variance, which is utterly against some "smart" business practices. You get as many £10 Amazon vouchers as you order also, as they solely buy in £10.

They have obviously priced the admin cost of sending out a voucher every time someone hits the normal checkout price in to the reward value. I have seen one site which doesn't do this and increases the value of points the higher the cost of the voucher (Userneeds) but that's an exception to the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I'm doing it for years now. I got my current laptop as a result of saving my points - although the guy in pc world was fascinated about where I got 30+ €10 gift cards :D:D

I have to scan using the book when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

Hi, I've been doing this for a few months now, very easy. Can anyone one tell me how much i the xmas bonus and how much do they get on their birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

600 for birthday - 1000 for Christmas..I think.

Edit: checked - the above is correct (for me anyway.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

You also get 2000 on the anniversary of your first scan

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

Sounds good! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I'm not at home today so I won't be able to upload my scanner.
    I'll be able to upload it in the morning.

Is it a big deal if I miss the midnight deadline tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Yes. Very. They may come to your house :eek:

It's a good job I'm not home today so ;)

I wouldn't imagine it being any bother, with it being Easter and them on a long weekend. (Says the one who got warning letters saying I'd be thrown of the panel, when I first started. Because I didn't transmit the data on the same day every week!)

OK, so the worst that could happen will be a warning. I can live with that. As long as they don't throw me out straight away and I lose all my points

On a more serious note, if you know you are going to be away you can email them with the dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MelBri

So i got my scanner today in the post and I'm having trouble setting it up, Keep getting "fail no mod" message. Moved it to different rooms and turned it off and on but still no luck. Any one have this problem before? emailed them for help but wondering if theres anything I can try in the meantime

MelBri wrote: »
    So i got my scanner today in the post and I'm having trouble setting it up, Keep getting "fail no mod" message. Moved it to different rooms and turned it off and on but still no luck. Any one have this problem before? emailed them for help but wondering if theres anything I can try in the meantime

You could try doing a factory reset.

bromley52 wrote: »
    You could try doing a factory reset.

Not a bad idea, unfortunately my scanner looks different than that one

Is it the Opticon one? If so is it the wired phone line or the GPRS one?

• Advertisement

Is it the Opticon one? If so is it the wired phone line or the GPRS one?

It's the Opticon GPRS

Advertisement